PDA

View Full Version : if you're ever in san francisco...maggie mudd

rootically
Apr 11th, 2005, 11:03 PM
... you need to go check out maggie mudd. it's a ice cream spot with the most amazing vegan ice cream, cones and sundaes - oh man - it's amazing! i just indulged in a huge banana split with vegan whipped cream - YUMM! they have the best creations!

i really recommend that!

Mystic
Apr 13th, 2005, 12:31 AM
check it out here (http://www.maggiemudd.com/index.asp)

Mystic
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO going here for breakfast as soon as I get into San Francisco in 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

xwitchymagicx
Nov 15th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I'll visit there just to visit that place. lol

rantipole
Nov 15th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Hurrah! I'm leaving for San Francisco on Thursday. The boyfriend and I have reservations at Millennium for our 1st anniversary. Mmmm...vegan wine...mmm.

Cheers,

rant

VeganJohn
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:43 PM
It looks great!! I have been to SF when I was just veggie but would like to go back someday as I hear it is great for vegans!

rantipole
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I was in San Francisco/Foster City for six days in November and I had no problem eating vegan. There is great vegan Thai and Chinese all over the place. The Peace Cafe in the Haight-Ashbury area has a number of vegan selections that are quite tasty. Millenium is the best resturant ever!

Foster City did not have as many options, but I found a good Japanese resturant in a hotel. Seaweed salad is yummy!

Cheers,
rant

catmogg
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Cann you all shut up boasting about your fantastic ice cream experiences and how well travelled you are. :p :D

Roxy
Sep 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I went here tonight! Mmmhmmm. I had the most delicious, completely vegan ice cream sundae!

Imagine this......waffle bowl with a big scoop of pumpkin pie icecream, chocolate sauce, nuts, whipped cream and more chocolate sauce and a cherry on top.

OMG it was so good!

Mila
Sep 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Living in SF, I'd go to Maggie Mudd more often if it weren't so hard to get to. You have to take the 9 down to Cortland Dr and wait FOREVER next a seedy underpass for the 24 to show up, that is unless you want to walk up the hill - there's a reason they call the neighborhood Bernal HEIGHTS! >_<

Roxy
Sep 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I know what you mean! We drove over there from the Western Addition, and it took about 20 minutes to find a park.

We went to Herbivore for dinner tonight and shared a bowl of MM vanilla ice cream. Sweeeeeet! :)

DiaShel
Sep 13th, 2008, 04:18 PM
San Fran just took the lead in my choices of places to move next year! Ok, not really, Portland is still first, but San Fran is now closer :bigsmile2:

shellymi2nv
Dec 4th, 2009, 06:26 AM
there's a reason they call the neighborhood Bernal HEIGHTS! >_<
I was just there.

I took the #67 bus to where the driver told me to get off. Cortland and Nevada. At the bottom of a steep, steep, steep, steep steep, steep, steep hill. And the ice cream was at the TOP! IF I EVER FIND THAT DRIVER... no telling what I might do to him. :D

Ice cream is INCREDIBLE! I had the vegan S'more shake. FANTABULOUS.

Marrers
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:04 PM
:lol: At least you had an incentive to climb it and better still that it was worth the effort!