PDA

View Full Version : Vegan restaurant in Victoria BC

negavert
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Just got back from a wee excursion into Victoria, BC (I live in Seattle, so it was just a three-hour catamaran ride over), and was pleased that the vegan restaurant I ran across years ago there was still open:

The Green Cuisine, 540 (?) Johnson, in the Market Square.

Buffet style, pay by weight, with a broad range of selections. Chili, soups, salad fixings, tempeh/gravy, spanish tofu, falafel, tempeh burgers, veggie pate, rices, sauces, cakes, brownies, breads, etc, etc.
Homey atmosphere with the usual college/punk-anarcho crowd, but mixed with some suits, moms with offspring, and grannies as well.
Went back twice in two days, as another restaurant we wanted to try, Lotus Pond (an Asian vegetarian/mock-meat place) was closed on Mondays.

foxytina_69
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
yes thats where im moving. theres alot of vegan restaurants there :)

Roxy
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:48 AM
That restaurant also puts out their own brands of vegan food, available in most organic and some regular grocery stores here in Vancouver, and on the island I'm sure. I love their smoked tempeh patties!! They are great with peanut sauce!

Want2BVegan
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Lotus Pond!! You must go there is you ever go to Victoria!! So good :)

meatless
Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:21 PM
I order their seitan cutlets by the case. :D

But I HATED the tempeh.

Yoggy
Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:40 PM
Good, the Lotus Pond is still open! I live in Victoria but couldn't find this restaurant in the phone book :confused:. I'll check again when I get back

Want2BVegan
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:08 AM
Yes Yoggy it is!

I was there last week....damn their food is AWESOME!

rach71
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I love their pineapple chicken balls-so yummy

Want2BVegan
Mar 16th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Had a Lotus Pond lunch yesterday and might I say it was FANTASTIC!

I filled my plate and when it was done and I was stuffed...I definitely wanted more!

:)

Yoggy
Mar 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I can't wait to try it when I get back!!! Whereabouts is it located? Somewhere near downtown I hope.

avantgarde
Apr 5th, 2006, 12:32 AM
yes thats where im moving. theres alot of vegan restaurants there :)

Me too, haha. Not for awhile, but I love it up there - especially Green Cuisine :D

Tori
Jul 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I think that I have been to the Green Cuisine. I didn't really like it at the time but I think I was an 11 year old dairy and egg loveing vegetarian.

I'm sure if I went there now I would love it.:)

Veger
Mar 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Try Detour Dessert Lounge in Centennial square, they have yummy Vegan Cakes and Vegan options for all soups/salads/pastas...etc..i go there all the time:)

mmmorgans
Aug 24th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Mo:Le has great vegan options, their on lower Pandora near Government St.
Cafe Bliss is right next door, they are a raw cafe
The Parsonage on North Park St has tons of vegan options
Azuma sushi on Yates near Broad St has a few vegan options
Green Cuisine in Market Square
Yates St neat Wharf St
Cafe Mexico, also in Market square has a few veganizable options. Get black beans instead of refried and ask for no dairy.

Keane
Sep 7th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I had a good meal in Green Cuisine when I visited Victoria back in the summer of 2007. I liked the self-service aspect of it as I don't like being waited on, it always makes me feel uncomfortable.