Apr 17th, 2005, 10:05 PM
http://www.nomercury.org/

Geoff
Apr 17th, 2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.nomercury.org/

If we banned mercury, I wouldn't know how cold I was! :(

Korn
Apr 18th, 2005, 01:03 AM
If we banned mercury, I wouldn't know how cold I was! :( Oh, that's right. On the other hand, if we avoid mercury, it might take longer time before we got really, really cold!

Geoff
Apr 18th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Good point Korn. Do they still use mercury in tooth fillings? (I haven't visited that link yet)

eve
Apr 18th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Yes they do Geoff, and I've read somewhere that there is more mercury in peoples teeth than in the fish swimming in the ocean.

snaffler
Apr 18th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Well thats me screwed in the 70s as a small snaffler I suffered very bad chest infestion which led to my Dr. putting me on loads of Anti-Biotics, back then they were laced heavily with sugar to get kids to take them. This in turn caused tooth problems which led to me having may fillings as a child....

Other than smack myself in the mouth and pull my teeth their is little I can do.
:(

Korn
Apr 18th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I've heard that 50% of the weight in an amalgam filling is mercury. Where I live, replacing old amalgam fillings is big business.

Kim[ba]
Apr 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM
There are two dentists offices in my city that are mercury free. I've been thinking about having mine replaced, but I'm not sure I can afford it as I don't have health benefits or anything of that sort....

I met a guy that had his replaced and he was quite excited to tell me about it. He was middle aged, but full of energy, and told me it was the best thing he had ever done for his health. Sigh....

Seaside
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:36 PM
In the USA health benefits and insurance won't cover removal and replacement of mercury amalgam fillings because it is an elective procedure and considered unnecessary. There are dentists in this country who have been threatened with losing their licenses by the ADA for saying that mercury amalgam fillings are bad for your health. They are allowed to remove them at the patient's request without repercussions, but they are not allowed to make the suggestion unless the patient brings it up first. :mad: