PDA

View Full Version : Vegan cheese - any good?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Kelilee
Nov 11th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I tried the tofutti herb cheese spread. OH MY GOD it is so good. I eat it on bagels all the time yum. It's the only Soy cheese product I like. everything else tastes kinda gros

bradders
Nov 11th, 2008, 01:20 AM
toffutti mozzarella slices on toast mmm mmm mm mmmm mmmmmm that's scrummy with a little ketchup and herbs and stuffs

charlizegirl
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Bute isle the blue cheese flavour me and my freind love it can eat raw smells amazing my meating and veggie family hate it but i love it amazin with vegan pesto and olives and wheat free pasta and tomatoes :) oh and also love toffti french onion cream cheese spread :) or redwoods melting mozzerella but prefer Bute Island :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Charlie xxx

Elahiya
Nov 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
well, i think the blue flavour tastes like plastic! there you see it again, tastes are very different, especially when it comes to vegan cheese ;-)

bradders
Nov 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
have to say redwood is far inferior to tofutti

twinkle
Nov 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
have to say redwood is far inferior to tofutti

I was going to say "rubbish!" then I realised that was rude... but I do respectfully disagree, as I think all tofutti has a weird aftertaste.

Buddha Belly
Nov 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
toffutti mozzarella slices on toast mmm mmm mm mmmm mmmmmm that's scrummy with a little ketchup and herbs and stuffs

Its called poor mans pizza. It's quite a delicacy in my flat

bradders
Nov 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
nah never, the tofutti mozzerella on toast with a little ketchup
hmmmmmm

Elahiya
Nov 16th, 2008, 11:43 PM
i still think there are some good ones of redwood, like garlic&herbs or edam or gouda or the feta. there are also some nice of bute island.

somehow it feels like the vegan cheese taste thing is the same with starwars or star trek. either you like the one or the other and there a few that like both.

bradders
Nov 16th, 2008, 11:49 PM
to that I reply STAR TRECK

replicators that mean animals no longer need to be harmed

Elahiya
Nov 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
ditto....:thumbsup:

bradders
Nov 17th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I could do the whole explanation for proving witches to be witches (wood burns and witches burn therefore witches are made of wood, wood floats and if women float they must be made of wood and are therefore witches)

by the same method:
I find tofutti mozzarella to be far superior to redwood. I also find Star Trek far superior to Star Wars. You find Star Trek far superior to Star Wars therefore you agree that Tofutti Mozzarella is far superior to Redwood.

But then I would never do that

squigaletta
Nov 17th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I have been living of cheezly on toast for the past two days, best 2 days ever!

Elahiya
Nov 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I could do the whole explanation for proving witches to be witches (wood burns and witches burn therefore witches are made of wood, wood floats and if women float they must be made of wood and are therefore witches)

by the same method:
I find tofutti mozzarella to be far superior to redwood. I also find Star Trek far superior to Star Wars. You find Star Trek far superior to Star Wars therefore you agree that Tofutti Mozzarella is far superior to Redwood.

But then I would never do that

u´re right, i prefer star trek to star wars, i also like tofutti, but rather the cheddar style and honestly, i like the redwood gouda style slices more.:o i thought at the preferations of redwood and bute island, actually.

Quantum Mechanic
Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
Just tried cheddar FYH vegan gourmet...I loved it! It had way more flavor than the cheese we used to buy when I wasn't vegan. Yeah, the texture was different cutting it, but that was it. Have yet to try melting it, but I hear it melts well.

squigaletta
Nov 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
I have just had my first craving for vegan cheese! normally I have it when I think, oh in my prevegan days I would have had some cheese on toast or something. But just now what I really really wanted was some cheezly on toast. Even though there is no way for me to get any vegan cheese this weekend I'm so happy!

Gorilla
Jan 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
i wanted some Cheezly last night but Holland & Barrett didn't have any, so i bought Tofutti mozzarella slices instead, because i know some people on here have mentioned that they really like it.

big mistake - the worst thing was the smell - it smells like someone ate some sweaty feet and then threw up on some more sweaty feet. :p seriously, the smell nearly made me want to throw the whole packet away. it was just awful on its own and only very slightly improved by hiding it in bolognese.

GAH!

leela
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, i also tried the tofutti slices and didn't like them, so i'm gonna stick to cheezly mozzarella.
I bought some cream sheese with chives recently and that was pretty good, but i've stuck half of it in the freezer because i can't get through it all before it goes off. Hope its ok when i defrost it.

Elahiya
Jan 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM
that would be interesting to know if the cream cheese suffers from freezing. i always have to struggle with these large pots.

Quantum Mechanic
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
I like tofutti mozzarella slices. :)

Kitteh
Jan 28th, 2009, 06:20 AM
When did Cheezly change it's packaging? It looks like the rolls I've seen of Teese. Last week I bought it in the round flat pack and today I went to the same health food shop and found the nacho cheese version (new to me) looking like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3436/3232752315_6ccdabe0d9.jpg?v=0

Gorilla
Jan 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
^ i've never seen it in packaging like that, maybe it's a new version for sale in Australia.

finnjax
Feb 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Pure (the vegan margarine makers, that's in most UK supermarkets, are advertising on the inside of their tubs(the waxy paper inner) that they will be selling some new cheeses. I'm assuming vegan! Looked like a cheese spread and slices.
Anyone seen them in the shops? I can't see anything about them on the website.

finnjax
Feb 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
.....I checked the Pure label again.....

There is another one, 'chunky triangles' like a soya version of dairylea triangles...woo-hoo!!! :)

Gorilla
Feb 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
way ahead of you...

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22234