PDA

View Full Version : I am craving spinach

Hasha
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:43 AM
I am craving spinach! :p I must be anemic or something. :rolleyes:

Kiva Dancer
Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:57 AM
Either that, or you're craving folates, vitamin a, vitamin k, vitamin c, and/or manganese.

Or you could just be craving spinach for it's delicious taste (I think that's very possible, too). :D

Seaside
Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:59 AM
SPINACH? Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :D

tails4wagging
Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:33 AM
I am growing some spinach ready to plant in the garden.

cedarblue
Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:28 AM
I am growing some spinach ready to plant in the garden.

does it take to growing then transplanting tails?

i was just going to plant my perpetual spinach straight in :confused:

Tigerlily
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
A lot of people say when they crave something, they really need the nutrients.

So why is it that I crave chocolate chip cookies, cakes, other desserts, and sometimes even brown sugar (by itself!)? I can safely say that I do *not* need the fat or all the sugar.

eve
Apr 24th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Sometimes people rationalise their craving by claiming that it must mean their bodies need whatever it is. Not saying this is the case with Hasha though. :)

Kiva Dancer
Apr 24th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I think there are also taste cravings. You crave something simply because of how it tastes. There could also be an association factor, too, maybe a good memory or a warm feeling but I think that people crave things cause of how they taste, too.

Hasha
Apr 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM
See, spinach really isn't one of my favorite foods. I like it, but in general, I like tofu and mushrooms, for example, better. So that's why I'm thinking that I might be craving it because I miss some nutrients. It's possible though that Kiva is right. I'm so looking forward to the summer break! And I frequently eat this spinach with rice dish at home, so...

Steph
Apr 25th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Hasha, I know what you mean, my friend from work the other day brought in a can of spinich to heat up over her rice, and I wanted some so badly! It was funny because on the can of spinich was a picture of Popeye (for those in the US who remember the cartoon Popeye the Sailor Man), and I was thinking about it and brought up to my mom later in the day, that Popeye was so strong and muscular not from meat, but from eating spinich! HA!!