PDA

View Full Version : Has your weight changed since going vegan?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

littleTigercub
May 3rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
I must admit the incentive of going vegan for a 2nd time was losing 3 lb which I gained recently, and I am disappointed that there was no weight change since the 12 days I am at it.

I wonder whether your weight has changed since going vegan?

Have you been overweight and it has decreased or increased?
Have you been underweight and it has increased?
Have you been at a normal weight?
Was there no change?

I just wonder where people have been before going vegan and where this change took them weight wise.

I currently weigh 68kg (10st 8lb) and would like to go back to 66.5lb (10st 5lb) at 5.3".

litlte Tigercub

PS: anybody know how to put in the poll options?

kriz
May 3rd, 2005, 11:04 PM
No weight change since going vegan one year ago. It seems like I'm stuck on 55 kg. no matter what I do. :confused:

littleTigercub
May 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM
What do you want? 55kg would be my dream weight, but I have just learnt that I am on the heavy side (I *do* work out!) and would be content with weighing 66.5 kg again.

littleTigercub

snivelingchild
May 3rd, 2005, 11:35 PM
What's a stone?

When I went vegan, I lost ten pounds in a week. I now stay steadily at 105lbs.

Mystic
May 4th, 2005, 12:11 AM
My weight has gone up and down - mainly due to how busy I am. More busy = more active and less time to eat! I don't use scales so I wouldn't have a clue, but I can tell tell when I am a little "rounder" - not that the term round is applicable to me, I am very angular. But vegan does not mean healthy - why do people forget that there is such thing as vegan ice cream, cake, cookies and sweets? People always think I live on carrots but there is a world of vegan food tempting my tastebuds 24/7!

Artichoke47
May 4th, 2005, 12:46 AM
I don't know what I weigh, but I went from a size 4 to a size 2 (sometimes 0) after going vegan.

DoveInGreyClothing
May 4th, 2005, 01:48 AM
I went from 10st8lbs to just 10st since going vegan at the end of last year.

flower_meanings
May 4th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Not that losing weight was my goal of going vegan, but once it started coming off, that was the only thing i could credit.
i lost no weight for the first 6 months, but over the past 10 months i've lost nearly 50lbs... i think i've bottomed out, now it's just a matter of firming up this "old skin" around my belly ;)

SeaSiren
May 4th, 2005, 03:03 AM
What's a stone?
Approx. 14lbs

SeaSiren
May 4th, 2005, 03:06 AM
I haven't been vegan too long (a few months), but so far no weight change. Of course, I am Body Building and the fat is melting away, so I guess the "weight" is converting to muscle, and I feel much better! :)

Zool
May 4th, 2005, 03:10 AM
I started at 155 lbs when I went vegan. Over the first month I dropped down to 142 lbs. (Too damn light for a 5'9" male.) And kept on dropping. I have trouble keeping weight on since I really enjoy running and avoid junk food. I know I should find some more healthy calories but I just don't really get that hungry.

Maybe I'm feeding a tapeworm or something....... :D

kriz
May 4th, 2005, 03:27 AM
What do you want? 55kg would be my dream weight, but I have just learnt that I am on the heavy side (I *do* work out!) and would be content with weighing 66.5 kg again.

littleTigercub
I've never been obsessed about my body, some extra weight wouldn't bother me too much, really, at least not to the point were I would get depressed about it. I think it's interesting to change my body once in a while. I've been really skinny when I ate nothing due to a broken heart (awful!!) and I've been real chunky by eating TONS of crap like banana splits and potato chips when I had a very dull life. I kind of liked both weight experiences for different reasons.

I have to eat next to nothing to lose even 2 kilo and loads to put on weight. Anyone have this type of body? It's good in a way, because it's stable, but it's very hard to change if I would like to try out a new "look". Strange, eh?

Steph
May 4th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Not that losing weight was my goal of going vegan,

Me too, when I became vegan weight was the last thing on my mind!
In the 6 months I have been vegan, unfortunately I've discovered and sampled so many new and exciting foods, crazy over new recipies, that I am, um, still am "soft around the edges" whatever that means :p
I do feel much better all around, in my head, in my heart, all I need now is to excersize, that makes all the difference if one wants to lose weight.

celtic rose
May 4th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I lost a stone in six months after turning vegan (BMI went from 25.5 to 23). All because I'm eating so much more healthier.
First time I've ever lost weight without dieting.

Tigerlily
May 4th, 2005, 05:19 PM
I am on Weight Watchers so I am losing weight but right now I'm going up and down. I'm happy where I am at. Veganism has not made any difference with my Weight Watchers.

Gorilla
May 4th, 2005, 06:02 PM
i've never been "overweight" (according to height charts/BMI and so on) and was a pretty constant healthy weight for many years, but i did get very close to being overweight just over two years ago, having put on two stone (28 pounds) due to some nasty medication i needed to take :( i was vegetarian then and the weight kind of sneaked up on me :rolleyes:

i went on a diet at the beginning of 2003 and lost half the excess weight but had real trouble getting rid of the other stone (14 pounds). i went vegan in September 2003, not doing it to lose weight, but found that i lost 10 pounds in a couple of weeks, and then the other few pounds gradually disappeared without me noticing. i've been back at what seems to be my natural weight ever since. :)

Evilfluffbunny
May 4th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I voted 'no change', but I got a new job soon after I turned vegan (a physical one and 20 minute fast walk to get there) so I did lose weight - I think it was just the extra exercise though and not my diet. I put it back on when I started working from home but I'm getting very little exercise.

My weight is normal (about 9 stone 4lb and 5 foot 7" tall), but I was only 8 stone 10 when I was getting the exercise, so I think that's probably my 'healthy' weight. I'm not very sure. :confused:

John
May 4th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I originally gained about 20 pounds. Recently I have lost a few pounds because my lifestyle has gotten a little more spartan. I'm rarely eating at restaurants and I'm not eating any sweets except for fruit. I don't really have to worry about fat but since I lost a few pounds lately I noticed that my abdominal muscles are now very defined.

littleTigercub
May 4th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I have to eat next to nothing to lose even 2 kilo and loads to put on weight. Anyone have this type of body? It's good in a way, because it's stable, but it's very hard to change if I would like to try out a new "look". Strange, eh?

Me, I`m afraid! I find it hard to lose weight but also do not gain easily.

Anyway, thanks to the person who added the "proper" poll - I find the results very encouraging. Although as weight loss is not the only reason to go vegan, who knows what`s around the corner?

littleTigercub

Camyle26
May 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I lost 15 lbs almost immediately upon going vegan.

littleTigercub
May 6th, 2005, 06:54 PM
*sigh* I wonder how you do this all... Did you eat really unhealthily and did you have a lot of weight to lose?

littleTigercub

Artichoke47
May 9th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I didn't really have weight that I wanted to lose. I ate fairly (but not super) healthy prior to being vegan, as I had stopped eating meat. Unfortunately, I still had eggs and cow-milk products such as cheese, which contributed to excess calories and fat, but I was on Weight Watchers at that time, so I imagine I didn't eat too much, as those are high points items.

Gorilla
May 9th, 2005, 03:05 PM
i've lost 7 pounds in the last two weeks which is a bit odd as i haven't been dieting. granted i was hospitalised for a day two weeks ago and didn't eat much for a couple of days after that, but i expected my weight to level off once i started eating properly again. i've never been this light before, even when trying to lose weight. the doctors didn't find anything wrong with me :confused:

Roxy
May 10th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Could it be stress and worry that's causing you to lose weight Gorilla?

foxytina_69
May 10th, 2005, 09:57 AM
my weight goes up and down depending on what i eat. if i eat lots of fatty foods, i gain weight. if i eat low fat (30 grams a day or under) and lower calorie (1200-1500) i lose weight.