PDA

View Full Version : How has the change to a vegan diet affected you?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

mophoto
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
l

For some reaon I just love being vegan, I feel free because of it. I don't feel restricted, I feel liberated.

:cool:

it is liberating. when i think about being vegan- it makes me smile. (less stress= better health)

i have lost about 25 pounds, and counting.:) i eat junk food and the pounds still come off. if i didn't love beer i would have lost a lot more weight. there is a little beer baby in my fat belly.

Nicole_1989
Nov 15th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I as well like my self better! I feel great to be me, and no longer feel worried or stressed about my self image! I have less stress, it feels great! :)

princessemma
Nov 15th, 2005, 10:15 PM
My arthritis is better even with no pills. :)

LunaVanillaVega
Feb 5th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Becoming vegan has been the single greatest improving factor on my health and general well being. . .

Overweight, I lost 30 lbs in the first 3 months of being vegan, without trying (no more butter, no more cheese, no more refined sugar, lots and lots of water and vitamins!) :D

Fatigued, I started sleeping better and feeling more energetic within a few weeks of the switch to veganism.

Depressed/Anxious, within a month of being vegan, I noticed a marked improvement in my moods, feeling happier and more optomistic.

Indigestion/Picky-eater, within a few weeks of becoling vegan, I stopped having acidic indigestion. After a few months, I noticed a drastic, positive change in my pallet, whereas before there were a lot of foods that I didn't like/didn't agree with me, I found that I could now eat them gladly and easily (like peppers, onions, olives, and spicey-hot foods.)

Arthritic, I noticed a slight drop in my arthritis pain -- propably because I was eating more vegetables and fruits that are beneficial for the bones and joints.

Switching to a vegan diet was one of the most important things I have ever done in my lifetime . . . I recommend it to everyone! yay!

eggplantbaby
Feb 26th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Eatting vegan has helped my health quite a bit, and I have only been eating this way for 2 weeks.

-I have absolutely no cravings (even around my menstrual cycle)

-My circulation has improved. Now when I excerise I am no longer short of breath and it seems that my blood flows a lot better. I am capable of excerising for longer periods of time with out needing to take breaks.

-I have tons of energy.

-I have been having a more color in my face ( I am generally very pale, but not since I switched to veganism).

-I sleep better. I am capable of waking up before my alarm and feel well rested and wide awake. I no longer feel groggy or continuelessly tired.

-I have lost 3 pounds.

And this has progressed in the past 2 weeks. I can't wait to see what other health benefits I will reap the longer I go. :)

Blueshark
Feb 26th, 2006, 01:01 AM
All sounds good Eggplant. I think the only downside to veganism is when you realise you could have done it sooner :)

-- Actually since you are 18...that doenst really apply to you! [/edit]

Korn
Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:50 AM
Benjamin Spock, M.D, the famous Dr. Spock pediatrician and author, (1903-1998):

"When I was 88 years old, I gave up meat entirely and switched to a plant foods diet following a slight stroke. During the following months, I not only lost 50 pounds, but gained strength in my legs and picked up stamina. Now, at age 93, I'm on the same plant-based diet, and I still don't eat any meat or dairy products. I either swim, walk, or paddle a canoe daily and I feel the best I've felt since my heart problems began."

Enchantress
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
I can't really say it's made much difference either way for me, but then I tend to spend half my time not eating (either because I'm too depressed to eat or there's nothing for me to eat) and the other half eating vegan junk food. I'd probably feel better if I ate a healthy vegan diet. Also I think there's a lot of other factors besides diet affecting my health and well being.

Vegan_baby
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:25 AM
For the past 15 or 20 years I have swallowed on average 3 Extra Strength Tylenol per day. I have seen atleast 4 doctors about this over time and 2 different eye doctors. None of them could ever tell me where my headaches were coming from except to say that it might be stress related

Here's the strange thing. Today I reached into my medicin stuff to grab a new bottle of glucosamine (for my kness) and I realized something that shocked me. I have not taken a Tylenol since I stopped consuming animals products (meat, milk etc) with the exception of the fish I ate once time during my climb up from pesco to Vegan (fish was the only animal product I ate, one time durning this period).

Can anyone comment or shed some light on this ?? I find it hard to shrug off as not be related to becoming a Vegan.

Many thanks

P.s. As you know, I no longer eat fish, which was the last thing keeping from being 100% Vegan in all aspects.

paulvegan
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM
i cant
but well done.

Tigerlily
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:51 AM
You could have had a dairy allergy (like me).

Vegan_baby
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:21 AM
I guess it's possible. I must say its like someone ripped the chains off me !!!

Imapeach
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Wow what a relief it must be for you!
As Tigerlily already stated, dairy is a likely cause. It's responsible for so many health problems in humans it's not funny!
Or maybe you're just eating healthier in general as a vegan?
Either way, well done for giving up fish and well done for giving up the tylenol!

Vegan_baby
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:51 AM

SierraS
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Becoming vegan has been the best choice I have ever made. Not only do I have more energy and clearer skin, but I feel great about myself. I really feel wonderful about things I eat and how I am helping to change the world. I've developed a high self esteem and overall I'm a very happy vegan. :)

SonicJMC
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:58 AM
I also feel a stronger relation to my God and Goddess.

Yoggy
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:43 AM
I get irritated more often now when I'm buying my food at the grocery store, because the cashier never knows the codes for any of the obscure vegetables I buy :p

Korn
Mar 21st, 2007, 08:44 AM
I get irritated more often now when I'm buying my food at the grocery store, because the cashier never knows the codes for any of the obscure vegetables I buy :p

We've learned a few of them - even our 6-year old knows the code for broccoli and beets :) , which makes visiting a grocery store more fun!

mjj48
May 1st, 2007, 06:47 AM
Oops - I clicked on the wrong one lol (must be cos it's so early). I meant to click on the one that reads "My health and/or sense of well-being has improved a little".

Korn
May 1st, 2007, 08:09 AM
Oops - I clicked on the wrong one lol (must be cos it's so early). I meant to click on the one that reads "My health and/or sense of well-being has improved a little".

Hi, if you send me a PM and tell me what you voted for, I can change your voting for you...

mjj48
May 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
Brilliant, thank you - will email you now.

Mila
May 18th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Darn, I'm stupid. I selected "strongly reduced" when I meant to select "improved alot." I feel as if I just accidently voted for Bush. T_T

Pisces
May 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
My conscience has improved siginficantly. As a bonus--having been someone who had the most horrendous sinuses--I no longer have sinus troubles.

mjj48
May 21st, 2007, 07:02 AM
My blood pressure has gone down to normal, and I no longer need my BP tablets - great news, and I can only contribute it to a healthy diet and the weight loss I've experienced since going vegan (lost 12 lbs now) :).

lauren_friday
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
my skin is better and so is my hair but im not sure if thats cos my eating has improved (i have suffered from anorexia for 3 years) or cos i am vegan but i find it easier to eat now im vegan. also im not bloated after eating. i think i may have been lactose-intolerant.