PDA

View Full Version : Cold pasta salad

Want2BVegan
May 7th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone

Anyone know any good, easy, quick recipes for a healthy pasta salad? It can contain anything from beans to veggies to fruit - whatever!

Thank you!

sophia
May 7th, 2005, 06:19 PM
hi want2Bvegan there are a couple of pasta salads that I like to make that are really quick and easy to make:-

1) Farfallane pasta (the really small bow ties)
Boil half a cup, rinse, chill and add sweetcorn, diced red pepper, olive oil,
and seasoning.

2) vegan pesto pasta
Use pasta twirls, add pesto, chopped sundried tomatoes and toasted pine nuts.

3) pasta and bean salad with vinegarette
use wholemeal pasta shells, add chopped celery, diced pepper (any colour)
kidney beans. To make vinegarette 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, mix and pour over salad.

soyabean
May 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I made a big bowl of cold pasta salad the other day, just cooked some wholemeal pasta, drained it, then put it in a bowl with lots of chopped celery, spring onions, tomatoes, sweetcorn and added some white wine vinegar, olive oil, herbs and passata to make the dressing.

I also found a good recipe a few weeks ago using bulgar wheat - you cook that then use that as the base for a salad adding chopped apples tossed in lemon juice, spring onions, cashew nuts, celery, anything else you fancy, plus some olive oil and wine vinegar dressing.

snaffler
May 7th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Add some grilled Pumpkin Seeds with a splat of Yeast Extract for the nutty taste :D NICE

veganful
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:15 PM
pasta of your choice;

add sliced red,yellow,green pepper(up to you)
artichokes
waterchestnuts
green onion
mushrooms
parsley(chopped)

to all that add olive oil, cider vinegar, some more parsley, crushed garlic(garlic salt), pepper, and whatever else spices you want

ileana

littleTigercub
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:36 PM
I like pasta and pesto cold, with pine nuts and olives.
littleTigercub

veganful
Jun 22nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
if you feel like adding anything to the recipe i posted go for it, you can't go wrong. ofcourse it should be served cold.... so after boiling the pasta run it under cold water than put the whole thing in fridge.

Ileana

foxytina_69
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:42 PM
mmm i love cold pasta salad!

just_a_grrrl
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:17 AM
I like making pasta salad with classic herb salad dressing...mmm...I wanna make that for dinner tomorrow.

veganful
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:27 AM
indeed

Pob
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:25 AM
I have wholemeal pasta and throw in whatever salad veg I have - the secret ingredient is plain cooked beetroot - makes the pasta go pink and yummy. Then top with a vinaigrette dressing (usually balsamic vinegar and walnut oil).

herbwormwood
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:32 PM
if you feel like adding anything to the recipe i posted go for it, you can't go wrong. ofcourse it should be served cold.... so after boiling the pasta run it under cold water than put the whole thing in fridge.

Ileana

I cook pasta, near the end of the cooking time I add frozen peas and sweetcorn. In the meantime I defost some frozen chopped spinach in the microwave. When the spinach and the pasta/peas/sweetcorn are done I drain them and mix them together with Zest Vegan Pesto, soya cream, ground flax seeds and engevita yeast flakes.
I do enough to have it cold the next day. It keeps fresh in the fridge and does well as a lunch box meal as long as I remember to take a fork.
When fresh parlsley is in season I do a similar one with parsley pesto. A large buch of parsley leaves (about 250 grammes) goes in the blender with a handful of brazil nuts, some garlic, salt, vegan parmezano and olive oil and a little water, blend until smooth and add to the cooked pasta, mix it all up well. This is fantastic for anything where a large amount of vitamin K is beneficial, such as a wound which needs healing or any other bleeding problem. Parsley pesto pasta also works well cold the next day.