PDA

View Full Version : Vegan In Germany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Tofukitty
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hello again all,

Looks I'm leaving lovely & flat Werne to move to Baden Baden! I've never been there though hear it's the retirement capital of Germany :)

Any vegans from the south on this forum? I've had the usual google searchs and have seen 2 veggie restaurants which is 2 more than where I am currently...

pavotrouge
Apr 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
oh no, you're leaving already? I totally forgot about mailing you, sorry!
have you looked at Happy Cow? Munich is a cool city for vegans, as is Stuttgart.

Tofukitty
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Yep, had a quick look at Stuttgart & Munich. Stuttgart is about 1 1/2hrs train ride away and costs over 20euro too so probably won't be making that journey too much.

Thanks for your help though:bigsmile:

IndeR
May 21st, 2009, 04:44 AM
Hello Every One...
Im moving to berlin with my wife in a month. I Found the info in this thread very important.
I cook a lot...even i used to work on vegetarian restorant in chile.
Im open to vegan gathering in berlin.

Cheers!

omenapora
Sep 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Hey.

I'm live now in NRW. Are there any other vegans around Düsseldorf who maybe wants to have a new vegan friend, like me? :p

pavotrouge
Sep 7th, 2009, 01:10 PM
lived there until 2 months ago... check out the vegan brunch at Linkes Zentrum Hinterhof, cool people and a massive buffet for 2.50 €. Last Sunday of each month from 12-3pm.

there's also a regular meetup at Sattgruen I believe.

omenapora
Sep 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks pavotrouge!

You have any idea if there is meetings, activities etc. for vegans in Krefeld?

pavotrouge
Sep 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
seriously, you live in krefeld? that's where I lived for the past 4 years! I know many vegans from krefeld online, but they are all socially awkward :( those who aren't are all active in the Cologne animal rights scene.

But oh- do you know Limerick's? they have some amazing vegan pub grub!

omenapora
Sep 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
pavotrouge (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/member.php?u=4264): I send you a PM but I'm not sure if you got it... I don't know how to use this forum :D

pavotrouge
Sep 13th, 2009, 11:41 AM
no pm received :(

omenapora
Sep 13th, 2009, 11:41 AM
:/ So tell me how can I send you one! :D I clicked the flower there... But I think that's not the PM sign then x_x

pavotrouge
Sep 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM
the flower is for ICQ... click on my username and then you should be able to choose "send a private message to pavotrouge" ;)

juliebrzez
Dec 18th, 2009, 07:24 PM

Declan
Dec 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know of some good vegan places to eat in Berlin??

YES!! :D I went there for World Vegan Day this year and stuffed myself silly. Hans Wurst Vegan Café is good and reasonably priced, quite laid back and the staff are... well, strange. YoYos Food World was amazing in a junk-food type of way, they have 25 (!) kinds of vegan burger and nuggets and stuff, and a cheese substitute that actually tastes like cheese(I think) and cherry cheesecake, and the portions are huge and well priced. I loved it there. There's also La Mano Verde, it's a gourmet place but quite cheap as far as gourmet goes. Their menu is 50% gluten free and 25% raw too (try the sushi, with no rice, it's odd but good). It's a bit out of the way though. You can find all these places listed on Happycow.net :)

IndeR
Dec 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Vegan in berlin....actually..thatīs pretty easy here in berlin.
90% of the super markets have peanut butter...
Lots of bio markets where you can fins from winers to meat stuff made from soy...

I recomend:

Yoyos food world for vegan pizza with vegan cheese
Yellow sunshine for great burgers and tiramisu
Goodies cafe for Milk & rice...and some cinammon vegan rolls
Cupcake THE BEST BROWNIES IN THA WORLD! trust me...that mix of chocolate and peanut butter..itīs from out of this world...they also have vegan cupcakes..of course...and a GREAT vegan Strudel (apple cake)

harpy
Dec 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi IndeR. Berlin does sound very good for vegans.

There was a news item about how keen Berliners are on currywurst on the BBC website the other day (is that true?), and after trawling the internet I found that Yellow Sunshine does tofu currywurst, which made me want to hop on the next plane (or more environmentally friendly alternative :D ). Have you tried that?

IndeR
Dec 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
yes...Yellow sunshine have those...but sadly i havenīt eaten those yet....

Cuekc!

harpy
Dec 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Cuekc!

Cuekc? Wie bitte? (Hoping to improve my almost non-existent German vocab!)

IndeR
Dec 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Cueck itīs the sound that ducks make...

Im from Chile so..thatīs what we say populary if something does not come the way we want..LOL

harpy
Dec 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
OIC. One learns all sorts of things here :D

David_V8BigBlock
Feb 17th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Hi, my name is David and Iīm brazillian, Iīm going to germany on the 25th february to live six months there, studying at the uni of leipzig in a exchange programm. Iīll stay 10 days in berlin when I arrive. I wish to know if the germans have some tip to me about vegan food, restaurants or clothes. I already searched in the internet, but personaly is more trustful :bigsmile:.

Here is a very good forum!

IndeR
Feb 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Como va meu amigo!?

Berlin es la mais grande capitale de veganistas e europa!

hahaha

Mate ... Berlin is way to easy for vegans...
Clothes? Geee besides skater clothes and others i don`t know official vegan stores for that...
For food it`s easy....
You got yoyo pizzas
Cupcake for treats
yellow sunshine for burgers and some underground things...
I can give you a friendly vegan tour if you want.
Just give me a sign!

David_V8BigBlock
Feb 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Como va meu amigo!?

Berlin es la mais grande capitale de veganistas e europa!

hahaha

Mate ... Berlin is way to easy for vegans...
Clothes? Geee besides skater clothes and others i don`t know official vegan stores for that...
For food it`s easy....
You got yoyo pizzas
Cupcake for treats
yellow sunshine for burgers and some underground things...
I can give you a friendly vegan tour if you want.
Just give me a sign!

I will apreciae this very much. I will stay in a hostel near orianenburgstrasse. when I arrive Iīll send you a message.
thanks.

IndeR
Feb 17th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Tudo bem!
Eu vivo muito cerca de esa calle!

C ya soon Colega!

:-D

pavotrouge
Feb 19th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I've heard that Dresden is pretty good for veggies, too, not too far from Leipzig. Can't really recommend any places though as an old Wessi girl :)