PDA

View Full Version : New french vegan since 1 week & a half

Pages : [1] 2

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 06:43 AM
Being a vegan in France seems à total absurdity for most people around me. I wish I could live in England where I've always found tolerance & great replacement products. It's quite the same in Germany, much more open to this deepest way of respect towards the animals. Well, France seems to get a little more open. If you've got time, go at www.veggiepride.org
I was a végétarian during 12 years, made a transition to veganisme during 6 months before completely plunged myself in the joy of non cruelty world, by my behaviour or what I put on my plates.
Now, pleassssssssssse, may I post in the vegan section ? :eek:

Béa
(sorry for the mistakes) :p

kriz
May 31st, 2005, 06:49 AM
Welcome, Bea! Hope you'll like it here. :)

Cal
May 31st, 2005, 06:53 AM
Welcome from me too, Bea. :)

Seaside
May 31st, 2005, 07:03 AM
Welcome Béa! :)
Posted by Béa:

(sorry for the mistakes)

Don't worry! I like the spelling of "veganisme" so much better than "veganism" anyway. :)

I am glad you find it joyfull. I hope you will post in the vegan sections soon, if you can't yet. Have you tried?

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 07:03 AM
Hi, everybody, thanks for your warm welcome. :D It's 8 am in the morning in France, I gonna leave the flat to go to school. I'm a 33 Y.O handicaped kids helper, wonderful children, & damn, I'm late !!!!
See ya later,
XXXXXXXXXXX :) XXXXXXXXX

tails4wagging
May 31st, 2005, 07:21 AM
Welcome Bea, pop over the english channel anytime, you would be welcome by us vegans!! :)

cedarblue
May 31st, 2005, 08:35 AM
an 'ocean-wave' from me, bea! :D

Korn
May 31st, 2005, 08:43 AM
Now, pleassssssssssse, may I post in the vegan section ? :eek:

Béa
(sorry for the mistakes) :p

Hi Béa, and welcome!
The reason your posting abilities were restricted to th eNot A Vegan Yet-section, was that when you registered, you chose the 'I consider going vegan, and have some questions for the 'Not A Vegan Yet'-subforum'-option.
You settings have been reset now!
:)

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 11:46 AM
Hi Béa, and welcome!
The reason your posting abilities were restricted to th eNot A Vegan Yet-section, was that when you registered, you chose the 'I consider going vegan, and have some questions for the 'Not A Vegan Yet'-subforum'-option.
You settings have been reset now!
:)

Thanks very much Korn. I recognized I'm sometimes a bit snappy, sorry. At least, I apologize :o I deserve to be whip with a dozen of pesto sauce spaghettis :D

Then let's go & make some new friends among animal lovers,

Bea :cool:

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 12:03 PM
an 'ocean-wave' from me, bea! :D
Thanxs :D Damn, johnny Depp indeed !! My childhood dream... Charlie & the chocolate factory is coming soon in France. As a Tim Burton & j.Depp fanantic, I won't miss it !!! :D

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 12:07 PM
Welcome Bea, pop over the english channel anytime, you would be welcome by us vegans!! :)

Hello, as I can see you're an animal lover too. I've got 8 kittties from 1 y.o to 16, all of them rescued from the streets or after their owner's death. I'm working with an animal association too.
:D

miss_laura
May 31st, 2005, 12:17 PM
I deserve to be whip with a dozen of pesto sauce spaghettis :D

OOOH OOOOOOOHH!!!! Me first, ME FIRST!!! *giggles* How could you possibly have known my lifelong dream to whip a Frenchman or woman with a dozen pesto sauce spaghettis??!!

Ahem. Anyway, welcome to the forum, post lots =)

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 12:20 PM
OOOH OOOOOOOHH!!!! Me first, ME FIRST!!! *giggles* How could you possibly have known my lifelong dream to whip a Frenchman with a dozen pesto sauce spaghettis??!!

Ahem. Anyway, welcome to the forum, post lots =)

O Yeahhhh, that would have been great, but unfortunately i'm a woman :D :D Ok, as flat as a pancake but with the bottom of an elephant LOL
Thanx for your welcome, Miss laura :D :D

miss_laura
May 31st, 2005, 12:22 PM
Haha, yes I realised I'd been a bit sexist just after I posted that... It's like Englishman, there's no female equivalent =/

Edited for equality!

Realfood Mary
May 31st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Hi there! Je voudrais habiter en France encore - quand j'etais plus jeunes j'ai travaillé a France pendant quelques etés. Malheureusement je trouve que c'est difacile ecrire en francais, mais je comprend assez bien, et j'adore la payes. C'est triste que veganisme n'est pas encore tres bien connu, mais la jour approches.

Okay, I will write in English now! I cannot spell in French. :o I love France, and the French, and daydream that when I am old I will move to France and veganise the nation. Mind you, I dream that about Ireland as well.

Thank you for going vegan. I feel really happy every time I see someone else go vegan. You make the world a better place, with your example. I am sure you help the children you work with too. Isn't it funny how many vegans work in the caring professions?

Mary

feline01
May 31st, 2005, 01:39 PM
Here's a really long wave across the Atlantic! :)

Welcome and enjoy!

glorfindel
May 31st, 2005, 05:12 PM
Salutt oceanwave !! Encore une francaise, tu es d ou ? Bienvenue sur le forum !!

Hey, a french again ! where are U in France ?
Welcome to the forum !

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hi there! Je voudrais habiter en France encore - quand j'etais plus jeunes j'ai travaillé a France pendant quelques etés. Malheureusement je trouve que c'est difacile ecrire en francais, mais je comprend assez bien, et j'adore la payes. C'est triste que veganisme n'est pas encore tres bien connu, mais la jour approches.

Okay, I will write in English now! I cannot spell in French. :o I love France, and the French, and daydream that when I am old I will move to France and veganise the nation. Mind you, I dream that about Ireland as well.

Thank you for going vegan. I feel really happy every time I see someone else go vegan. You make the world a better place, with your example. I am sure you help the children you work with too. Isn't it funny how many vegans work in the caring professions?

Mary

Hello, Mary,

Your french is very good, certainely better than my english. I worked several times as an aupair in England, close to bath & I was fiancée to an american man during 2 years before we broke up.
I've got 2 to 4 kids from my school for lunchtime 4 times a week.
Since this year, i'm not cooking meat for them anymore. Most of the time, they're eating vegetarian & sometimes they've got completely vegan lunches. I cannot cook vegan all the times, their parents are OK for vegetarism because i'm uying very healthy food for them but as they pay (and they're not my own kids) & they ask about the menu, I cannot do anything else than add cheese for them & sometimes farm eggs.
I'm living in a medium city & for most people veganism is associated as a kind of sect. Kids love my vegan lemon waffles, pancakes or my fake ham & olives muffins. I always tell them the truth about what they're eating, telling them it's not meat, but it's far better than real chicken or pork, because no animal was killed for my meals.

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 06:23 PM
Here's a really long wave across the Atlantic! :)

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks for the nice little words ! LOL, I was last year 2 times in the States, in Florida, I'm a traveller wave !!! :D

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 06:27 PM
Salutt oceanwave !! Encore une francaise, tu es d ou ? Bienvenue sur le forum !!

Hey, a french again ! where are U in France ?
Welcome to the forum !

Hi, I'm living in Dijon, Burgundy Capital, good wine & mustard. In a medium sized city which has got great middle-aged houses. Are you studying or living in France ?

Salut, je vis à Dijon, Capitale de la Bourgogne, des bon vin et de la moutard, dans une ville de taille moyenne qui possèdent de superbes maisons du Moyen-Age. Etudies-tu en France ou y vis-tu ?

tails4wagging
May 31st, 2005, 06:58 PM
Are many french wines vegan??. If so whats their names so we can get them over here in the UK.

Thanks about my dogs, one is sophie sue (ex cruelty case) and Becky Boo (was on death row in ireland).

Oceanwave
May 31st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Are many french wines vegan??. If so whats their names so we can get them over here in the UK.

Thanks about my dogs, one is sophie sue (ex cruelty case) and Becky Boo (was on death row in ireland).

In fact, LOL, I don't drink wine. It's very hard to get a list about wines which are not "purify" with animal bones or treated with beef blood as i've heard. I'll have a look at the french vegetarian / vegan site i belong too, ask about it & tell it to you later.
:) :) :) :) :)

It's really great to give your dogs the present of a better life they had before. Sometimes, there are much more humanity in their eyes than in one of our fellow human neighbor. :D :D

Realfood Mary
May 31st, 2005, 07:22 PM
Hi Ocean Wave.

Neil and I do a website called "is it vegan". If you know the French website, could you tell them that "is it vegan" is up and running. If they want access to start doing a French version we will let them have it. Then we would put a French flag on the front page, and people can go to see what French wines are vegan.

T4W, if you look at is it vegan you will see a long list of which French wines are vegan in the UK. Also, we have updated Tescos list.
www.isitvegan.info (my memory is awful. I may have pasted that in my signature, but I am too lazy to check. D'oh!)

tails4wagging
May 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks, It is sometimes difficult to get vegan wines.

Normally they contain gelatin, blood and isinglas (swim bladders of fish)!!!!.

Kevster
May 31st, 2005, 07:31 PM
Welcome,

I have a vegetarian friend in France, and she reckons that it was quite difficult when she first moved out, especially when eating with neighbours, still the best way to find out about veganism is to meet one,

Kev