Any vegans from Maryland on the site?

elthia
May 1st, 2004, 01:15 AM
... inside the beltway, nearish to 66 / Arlington / Falls Church

where are you?

-elthia

Zool
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I'm in coastal VA. Not too far away I suppose.

Peas'nHominy
May 5th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Anyone in Houston or surrounding area? :)

Happiness
May 5th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I'm a moldy Oregonian (get it? rains alot here = mold? hehe ok i'm odd) ...not too many west coasters here I've noticed.

Kiva Dancer
May 5th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I'm a bit further up the coast than you, happiness and I'm working on my rust for the summer (since we don't tan, we rust here). :D

Roxy
May 6th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I'm even further up the coast in B.C. It rains a lot here too, but not as much as in Oregon, I hear.

Happiness
May 7th, 2005, 12:55 AM
It rains more then our fair share here but I kinda like it. This winter has been odd though, not alot of rain...some worries for droughts in the summer. Good to see some fellow west coasters. :) I got my first sunburn (i mean rusting) two days ago and turns out that the tag on my tank-top was up for a couple hours in the day so i have this awsome white tag line in the center of my back....looks GREAT!

Parvaneh
May 7th, 2005, 02:18 AM
I live in Jacksonville Florida.

Seaside
May 7th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Posted by Happiness:

It rains more then our fair share here but I kinda like it. This winter has been odd though, not alot of rain...some worries for droughts in the summer. Good to see some fellow west coasters. I got my first sunburn (i mean rusting) two days ago and turns out that the tag on my tank-top was up for a couple hours in the day so i have this awsome white tag line in the center of my back....looks GREAT!

Hehe! I can't stand leaving those tags on, they itch too much. I always take them out. I knew someone who always went around stuffing the tags back under the shirts of even perfect strangers! It was a pet peeve of hers. :rolleyes:

I think we must be getting all your rain here in the Bay Area. I don't like thunderstorms in May! :(

boywonder
May 27th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Any From Ontario? Toronto Ish

Ivy
May 31st, 2005, 04:07 AM
I'am from Toronto, just joined the group here!

Peas'nHominy
May 31st, 2005, 04:43 AM
I'am from Toronto, just joined the group here!

Hi Ivy! Welcome! :D Glad you've joined us.
Have you been vegan long?

Ivy
May 31st, 2005, 05:04 AM
I'am not quite a vegan, but will be eventually ....

I'am eating about 70% raw, and had the most ridiculous argument again with my doctor, I just HATE those people. They know how the body works, and even if they know what your saying they don't believe anything about what the body really requires because all they do is point out death illnesses and push drugs.
She has a family member who's a Naturopath and still only sees what she's been trained!

I can't wait to go to Chinatown tomorrow, I'am a bit queesy about Chinatown food but the green grapes are good, one huge carton is $1.78 that would be $7.00 at the store, and I'am buying two - for frozen grapes!

Scarlett Ecks
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:50 AM
How about meecheegan?

Ivy
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
I don't know what meecheegan is ???

Scarlett Ecks
Jun 1st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Michigan, rather. :D

smvillers
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:28 PM
Well, not Michigan, but close. Wisconsin. Not a very veg friendly place, I must say.

Ivy
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:32 PM
I live with the two oldies who seem to claim organic food is horrible, and eat meat and potatoes and breads and chips, cakes, etc....

They don't particularly seem to have the knowledge that processed and GM foods and the North American diet aren't real foods.

With a huge garden, they don't like me having any area for chives or basil, or thyme, etc, but give me little pots to grow em in.

And it's 80 degrees out today but it's not humid or hot and it's chilly and windy and it's far more colder in the house because the air is on full blast, because the temperature says it's 80 degrees.

Lovely nitwits I live with eh??

Roxy
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:04 AM
Are these your parents?

Ivy
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:17 AM
Your guess is correct, the sheepbrains!!

Roxy
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:27 AM
I guess they're a bit old fashioned then :o My mother-in-law is like that. No clue!

Scarlett Ecks
Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Well, not Michigan, but close. Wisconsin. Not a very veg friendly place, I must say.

Not here, either. If you live in the city, you can get by grand, but michigan is mostly rural. blah.

My Aunt lives in Kenosha. Groovy. :D

smvillers
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:06 PM
I live in Kenosha, too. Actually Pleasant Prairie, which is kind of a suburb of Kenosha.

tipsy
Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM

hey SMVILLERS!

im from the big wi too!

i think this place is good on a scale of vegan friendlyness i give it a 6.
you just have to look hard!

but then im in the city.