PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Restaurants or Food Shopping in Montreal

Wishin986
Jun 15th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Hey all!

This weekend me and a few of my closest friends are going to Montreal because one of my friends has an apartment up there and so does her boyfriend because they both go to McGill.

I was wondering what restaurants are vegan friendly that would be good to go to? Or what canadian vegan brands there are if we decided to make dinner ourselves. The rest of my friends that are going are omnis with the exception of one that might go who is a veggie. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! thanks :)

tasha
Jun 16th, 2005, 04:04 AM
I've been to Montreal many times and I know that they have lots of vegetarian retaurants, just can't think of any names off the top of my head. Take a look at http://www.ivu.org/
You shouldn't have any trouble there!

feline01
Jun 16th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Chu Chai is fantastic. We loved their food, it's vegetarian Thai. I wasn't vegan when I ate there so not positive if all is vegan. Le Commensal is a chain that has a veg*n buffet plus makes vegan items to go.

LunaLovegood
Jun 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Hi there :)

Here are a couple addresses :

Le Commensal (buffet style, by weight, a lot of vegan choices)

- 1220, rue St-Denis 845-2627
- 1204, rue McGill 871-1480
- 3715, chemin de la Reine-Marie 733-9755

Pushap
5191 rue Paré
737-4527

Govinda
263, rue Duluth Est
284-5255

Spirite Lounge
1205, rue Ontario Est
522-5353

ChuChai
4088, rue St-Denis
843-4194

Cheers ! :)

Wishin986
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Thank you guys so much! I'm here now - wow it's really kind of cool out but I love Montreal all the same, I might be transfering to McGill even, but we'll see. :p

BlueMonarch
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Oi, k, im only a year late, but one of the best Vegan places to eat at wasnt even mentioned, so ima put it here now ;)

Aux Vives, 4631 St Laurent, 514-842-3479 Call to confirm hours. Commune-type setting, very funky. Try a freshly baked chapati smothered with imitation butter, "BLT" with smoked coconut, sandwich wraps on yeast free flat bread; everything is tasty; free herbal tea; also a variety of oganic biodynamic teas and fair trade coffee. Closed on Mondays.

U can find this info on happycow.net

Wishin986
Apr 27th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Oi, k, im only a year late, but one of the best Vegan places to eat at wasnt even mentioned, so ima put it here now ;)

no worries! im sure people might want the info and one of my best friends and her boyfriend both from my town have apartments up there (separate) for school so we are always making trips to montreal. I'm sure I"ll be up sometime in May and then at least once or twice this summer! I'll have to drag them along to these places at least one of the nights

BlueMonarch
Apr 27th, 2006, 11:03 AM
nice!
Maybe we can chill sometime ;)

blue husky
Apr 27th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Hi

I am going on holiday in July for a week to Newfoundland, Canada. Does anyone have any advice/info suggestions re food for me, I am vegan and the rest of the party are veggies?

BlueMonarch
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Hi

I am going on holiday in July for a week to Newfoundland, Canada. Does anyone have any advice/info suggestions re food for me, I am vegan and the rest of the party are veggies?

Sadly, this is the best i can come up with:
http://happycow.net/north_america/canada/newfoundland/st_johns/index.html

Happycow.net relies on the locals to keep their site updated.. so it is possible that there r a few more choices that r not mentioned. Im from Montreal (MTL), and have never been, so i wish u luck. Dont forget to keep us updated! I'm so intrested in that place ;D

Tigerlily
Apr 27th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Hi

Newfoundland is a small place, I don't know if they have exclusive vegan restaurants there. :o

wilson
Apr 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Aux Vives, 4631 St Laurent, 514-842-3479 Call to confirm hours. Commune-type setting, very funky. Try a freshly baked chapati smothered with imitation butter, "BLT" with smoked coconut, sandwich wraps on yeast free flat bread; everything is tasty; free herbal tea; also a variety of oganic biodynamic teas and fair trade coffee. Closed on Mondays.

word. Aux Vivres is a great place, in a very hip part of the city. It has a lovely little garden area out the back too.

ahhh, all this is making me miss Montreal, haven't been since the Sufjan Stevens concert last fall, and that was a case of drive to the gig and back home to Ottawa straight after.

blue husky
Apr 30th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks for your help, I'll check out that site.