PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Chocolate

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

oldsilverhead
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Whether the sourcing of their ingredients has changed or not every time you purchase a Green and Blacks products you are supporting Cadburys whose trade is far from fair.

Being an ethical consumer does not mean one can avoid all unethical purchases as this is not possible but if we make ethical choices where they are available then this is preferable.

oldsilverhead

gertvegan
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
More talk of the Cadbury, Green & Blacks thing is in the Cadburys taking over Green & Black's (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3147) thread. ;)

Lily
Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:33 PM
Has anyone else had the large box of assorted centre chocolates from Animal Aid? They used to have a purple bow on the lid, now it's green I think. I ordered some for someone's Christmas present but they were late arriving (though I never usually have to wait long for my orders from them, think they just forgot to include them in the package) so I got the person something else...and ate the whole box of chocs myself when they eventually turned up! :o Couldn't help myself - they have such gorgeous flavours, and the vanilla one is to die for! :D

tipsy
Feb 4th, 2006, 12:23 AM
i dont know if someone already posted this info, but i was browsing peta today and found this

http://www.simpletreatsvt.com/

and they have white chocolate chips, http://www.simpletreatsvt.com/show_image.php?ID=192

& many other baking ingredients,
as well as selling thier yummy (looking) finished (VEGAN) product!

& a cookbook!!!:D

tabitha
Feb 4th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Lily - Ive just noticed that little Homer and Lisa thing at the bottom of your page! Thats brilliant isnt it LOL

Lily
Feb 4th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I thought so too! Funny if only it wasn't so damned sad! :D :(

By the way, welcome to the forum! :)

KarmaGirl
Feb 6th, 2006, 02:39 PM
When I was at Whole Foods a few weeks ago, I noticed that they had bulk dark chocolate chips. The label didn't show any animal products in it, but I had a manager verify that they didn't. Luckily, they ended up Vegan (and they plan to label them that way now). So, I have a source for fairly inexpensive chocolate chips.

I'm planning on making my own assortment of dipped candies for Valentines day using the vegan chocolate chips that I bought. If I succeed, I'll post recipes and instructions.

Lydia_Sorrow
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:28 PM
I bought a lovely bar from Morrisons (morrisons own) of all places yesterday. It was so nice, I'm going back today, hehe. Me = Pig.

XD

catmogg
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:47 PM
Has anyone else had the large box of assorted centre chocolates from Animal Aid? They used to have a purple bow on the lid, now it's green I think. I ordered some for someone's Christmas present but they were late arriving (though I never usually have to wait long for my orders from them, think they just forgot to include them in the package) so I got the person something else...and ate the whole box of chocs myself when they eventually turned up! :o Couldn't help myself - they have such gorgeous flavours, and the vanilla one is to die for! :D

Yeah, i ordered a box of these for easter. They arrived late for easter but were super nice although i still really crave vegan 'milk' chocolate chocolates....

Lily
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Aww, yeah me too. Especially ones filled with toffee...:(

catmogg
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Dont. Just DONT. :(

Blueshark
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Aww, yeah me too. Especially ones filled with toffee...:(

I bought some dairy-free toffee a while back from Aldi :confused: :)

catmogg
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
*jaw drops in delight*:D :D :D

tabitha
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:55 PM
I bought some dairy-free toffee a while back from Aldi :confused: :)

No way!!! dairy free toffee??!!:eek::eek: Was it nice. Im getting some tomorrow if it is. I loved toffee.

Blueshark
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
It was good, quite chewy and sweet. Only bought it once, when I was living up in Manchester last year.

Never seen it since :confused:

Tigerlily
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
send Me Some Asap.

Blueshark
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
I will have a look for it, but if it is not in my local Aldi, it doesnt really matter. It must be made a European company, and it does exist!

So it will be found again..by someone....somewhere..I hope :cool:

catmogg
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:01 PM
It was good, quite chewy and sweet. Only bought it once, when I was living up in Manchester last year.

Never seen it since :confused:

Outrageous. You must now make it your mission to track this down immediately. You cant announce something like that then tell us its no longer available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have a heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueshark
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
My heart will be as cold as a moonstone, if that precious toffee does not touch my lips again...so I have no choice :p

tabitha
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
I will buy 20 packets if they have it at Aldi and send one to each of you.:)

Blueshark
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:19 PM
Courtesy of www.vegansociety.com (http://www.vegansociety.com)

Vegan Toffee

1 1/2lb (680 g) raw cane sugar
2 oz (55 g) ground almonds
1 oz (30 g) Vegan margarine
1/4 pint (140 ml) soya milk

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, and heat gently whilst stirring continually until the mixture comes to the boil. Continue boiling and stirring over a medium heat for about 7 minutes.
Remove from the heat and beat the mixture until it thickens.
Pour into a well greased shallow tin and smooth the top with a knife. Leave to cool, marking into squares before it sets hard. Break into individual pieces when cold.

puffin
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
Thats a lot of sugar :eek:

catmogg
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:42 PM
:d :d :d

Kiran
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Thats a lot of sugar :eek:

I too should stay away from the chocolates Puffin. It all accumulates at the rear.:mad:

I think Catmogg is the only one here who can take any amounts of sugar. You should see her gobbling chocolates. She will even kill for them!:rolleyes:

Blueshark
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
I too should stay away from the chocolates Puffin. It all accumulates at the rear.:mad:

May I recommend this book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1841461113/203-3879173-8987143)