PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye oatmeal

Pages : [1] 2

Mystic
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:41 AM
I don't know what I am going to do! Nature's Path are no longer shipping their hot oatmeals to Australia :eek: - this is what I eat EVERY day for breakfast! I have two boxes left to last me forever :(

There is nothing like it of it's kind, so now I am going to have to not be lazy and cook my oatmeal from scratch. crap.

Mystic
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:58 AM
Oh and if anyone knows of a similar product in Australia, pleeeeeeeeeease let me know ;)

cedarblue
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:51 AM
where are they based banana?

i feel certain some kind members wouldnt mind donating you a pack here and there! OR maybe if you could arrange for a member to ship you several packs and send them the payment somehow???

Miel Miette
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:55 AM
What is the difference between them and normal oatmeal?

Cryospark
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:04 AM
wouldn'y your health food store stock it anyway or don't they just have huge barrels of it there, our central market health stores do, all organic and such. I went there today and they had the brookfarm cereal i was looking for at a ridiculous $12 for 350g....

VeggieGirl
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:28 PM
I get normal old fashioned quaker oats and just put them in a bowl with water and microwave them for 3 mins. I do other stuff while they are cooking. You could try that. :)

1vegan
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:04 PM
I don't know what I am going to do! Nature's Path are no longer shipping their hot oatmeals to Australia :eek: - this is what I eat EVERY day for breakfast! I have two boxes left to last me forever :(

There is nothing like it of it's kind, so now I am going to have to not be lazy and cook my oatmeal from scratch. crap.

I guess you've been ordering them online ?

you could try http://www.worldwholefoods.com/ddaw.cfm

If I read it right, that page list distributors of nature's path in Australia.
See what contact is closed to you and ask if they can sell you it by the box.
(box as in 1 box contains 6 consumer boxes)

Mystic
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:23 PM
There aren't any in Australia at all. They have stopped importing them. I emailed Nature's Path to ask why, and here is their response:

Hello
Appreciate your loyalty to our products. (I am also a big fan of the hot
cereal-have it almost every morning~)

Presently. we are having great difficulties with AQIS releasing our
products for importation. They are being very strict with regulations
and causing delays in shipments being released, impounded etc. Until
these problems are sorted out with existing products KADAC is ranging
it is unlikelyKADAC will be bringing in any new skus.

I continue to request they expand the range of products an indeed Hot
Cereal is one of the ones on our list of suggested additions. I
recommend you have your local health shop ask KADAC to bring on the
items you want on indent/ consignment as a special order may be a
possibility in the future.

Wish I could do more to assist at this point, but we thank you for your
support...

Sincerely
Sally Cox
Export Sales for Nature's Path

1vegan
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:25 PM
hm.... that makes it a whole different story :(

Mystic
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:30 PM
Any suggestions on how I can fight for my oatmeal?

Seaside
Jun 22nd, 2005, 03:40 AM
I have some Nature's Path Cornflakes in my cupboard. If you like, I would be happy to look in the stores for the oatmeal you like, if you let me know what flavors, etc. I would be happy to ship some to you, if you can't get it online.
Online might be cheaper. I can let you know what the prices are over here, if you are curious.
Or stock up when you visit! :)

Geoff
Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:02 AM
I'm sorry, but I think it's RIDICULOUS to ship a basic food like oats half way round the world. What a waste of the earth's resources.

Cryospark
Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:07 AM
hmm strange they are in the health food store, I don't really expect to see
them in a supermarket if thats where your looking

Also what are they what do they contain? I mean I don't really think cereal is tough to make.....

Mystic
Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:17 AM
I have some Nature's Path Cornflakes in my cupboard. If you like, I would be happy to look in the stores for the oatmeal you like, if you let me know what flavors, etc. I would be happy to ship some to you, if you can't get it online.
Online might be cheaper. I can let you know what the prices are over here, if you are curious.
Or stock up when you visit! :)

Oh seaside that is very sweet of you to offer - but I think shipping will cost way too much. I am going to hassle Kadac - the distributer to keep im[orting them, but meanwhile I will have to cook from scratch

Mystic
Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:51 AM
I just spoke to Kadac, and they said that the reason they are not stocking the line anymore is because the nutritional labels do not meet Australian standards - so they are having the package redesigned and will bring them back eventually - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! - but she said it could take ages, so I will just have to be patient :)

Seaside
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:19 AM
Hi Banana,
You can get them at Wholefoods Markets for $3.29 a box, so maybe you can stock up when you come to America.

I remember a woman I used to know who panicked when Coca Cola was changing its formula. She stocked up like mad (she was quite addicted to it) and had enough left over when Coca Cola changed its mind and went back to manufacturing its original formula. :)

Mystic
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:11 AM
Oh I was definately planning on stocking up when I come over - but that is in December and that is aaaaaaaaaaages away. I want some now dammit :D

foxytina_69
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:03 AM
lol youre so cute banana! woohoo for natures path oatmeal!

Mystic
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:28 AM
Lol I just found a place I can order online - I ordered 12 boxes :D But they can't ship it till July 14. Oh well

Miel Miette
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry, but I think it's RIDICULOUS to ship a basic food like oats half way round the world. What a waste of the earth's resources.

Australian grown oatmeal isn't exactly hard to find.

foxytina_69
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
yay banana. thats fabulous :D woohoo!

Seaside
Jun 24th, 2005, 03:21 AM
I know how you feel, Banana. If I found out they were discontinuing Vegenaise, I would buy a whole second refrigerator to fill up with it! ;)

Roxy
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I just spoke to Kadac, and they said that the reason they are not stocking the line anymore is because the nutritional labels do not meet Australian standards - so they are having the package redesigned and will bring them back eventually - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! - but she said it could take ages, so I will just have to be patient :)

I was drinking this vanilla soy chai ready-made that was full of different vitamins and minerals. Canada put a stop to it coming into the country from The States because the labels did not meet with Canadian standards. One year later................

I'm still waiting! :o

Mystic
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Crap :( I hope I don't have to order online forever...

foxytina_69
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:25 AM
whats the brand name of the soy chai roxy?