PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

screamingcarrot
Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
are sultanas addictive? i cant stop eating them...seriously, im going thr tonnes of them. my sis is the same..she cant stop eating them either.

LittleNellColumbia
Sep 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Hey there Screamingcarrot:) i reckon it may be the high fructose/sugar level of dried fruit that makes them so addictives, because i used to have prunes alot, and always found it really hard to stop at just 5!

screamingcarrot
Sep 22nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Hey there Screamingcarrot:) i reckon it may be the high fructose/sugar level of dried fruit that makes them so addictives, because i used to have prunes alot, and always found it really hard to stop at just 5!

yeah you might be right. i have a sweet tooth. all those prunes, you mustve been in and out of the bathroom every second!! :D

Pilaf
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
I eat beans and potatoes every day. Also, I usually have at least one apple, one orange, a bowl of oatmeal almost daily for breakfast... hmmm... I also eat at least one Banana daily. I also rarely go without my grapejuice. Oh... I eat rice really often too.. and organic popcorn (home made). I also eat rather a lot of greens (turnip, collard, mustard, and spinach) weekly. I'm a big fan or carrots, as well.

I never eat anything processed anymore.

Tigerlily
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:13 PM
Lately I've been eating and drinking loads of:

Baked beans
Raisins
Puffed wheat cereal
Soymilk with chocolate syrup
Calcium fortified OJ
Green tea

moochbabe
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Tigerlily, just be careful that your OJ isn't fortified with calcium lactate, a derivative of milk, many if not most are. :)

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Tigerlily, just be careful that your OJ isn't fortified with calcium lactate, a derivative of milk, many if not most are. :)

Huh, in my experience, calcium lactate is usually vegan. Many companies (Follow Your Heart, Sun Flour Baking co) use vegan calcium lactate.

moochbabe
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Really? How weird!! Maybe the book I read that in was outdated! Sorry for the bad info then! :o

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Really? How weird!! Maybe the book I read that in was outdated! Sorry for the bad info then! :o

No, it's not "bad" info at all, and I appreciate you looking out for us all (I do the same thing!) it's just that that particular supplement *is* often vegan (I believe it's cheaper for companies to *not* use cow-milk derivatives in this case).

moochbabe
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Very cool, thank u for the info (and the encouragement) CC! :D

GoodbyeGirl
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
i eat brown & wild rice pilaf constantly. i put different seasonings in it to feel more international.
i also eat loads of fresh fruit, whatever is in season.
i love salads and cooked vegetables.
i always have french fries of some sort in my freezer, which i eat way too often.
i eat a lot of refried beans with whole beans, corn, and marinated mexican carrots mixed in. if i have tortillas then i will spread the mixture on one and roll it up with some shredded cabbage.
soup. i have boxes of soup like carrot-ginger, sweet potato, mushroom broth, creamy corn, roasted red pepper.......that i can throw in a mug and heat up. i also make a lot of my own bean soups.
i eat whole grain pastas with plain canned crushed tomatoes and olive oil on top. if i have fresh basil then i will throw some of that in. i have this at least once a week.

Yoggy
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I eat carrots almost every day. Usually I eat them raw with some dip, but I also like to shred them in wraps and add them to any cooked dish, like rice, soups, stews, pasta etc.

I'm also addicted to Tofutti cream cheese. I purposely stopped buying bagels so I would use less cream cheese, but now I find that I like it on crackers and in wraps :o

sugarmouse
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:33 AM
i eat carots n broccoli shredded everyday lately ,with vegan butter i am addicted!:o

rach71
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Apples
tea
apples
peanuts
apples

anonymousemo
Mar 10th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I eat:
-hummus(in wraps/sandwiches)
-tofu
-rice
every single day in my boring life -.-u

Blueshark
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:06 PM
apples
bananas
bread
rice

laurin
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I eat alot of pasta, it's quick to make and really good.:)

veganashtangi
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:15 PM
-Pineapple
-Tahini
-Chapati bread
-Broccoli, cauliflower
-Cashews
-Hummus
-Dark chocolate
-Clementines
-Bananas

lozza
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:32 PM
humous.
tomato/red onion salad (everyday mmm)
stew
fruit
porridge
carrots
raisins

lozza
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I eat alot of pasta, it's quick to make and really good.:)

ooh the carbs tho! but i agree...mmm pasta

seanymph
Apr 19th, 2006, 04:03 PM
same! :D pasta, lots of it
Dark chocolate
lots of crunchy salad

These are foods have most of. Is anyone a nutritionist or dietition here?

Cherry
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Recently :

hummous - have had lots of picnics recently and am now having cravings
chocolate - ditto, well, it has been Easter

veganwitch
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Potatoes....are probably my favorite food and I'm happy to eat them anyway they are cooked....preferable method is oven fried :D

Hummus

Tea, Tea, Tea , Tea....

Tofu Omlettes (have them at least twice a week for breakfast and dinner)
saute tofu mixed w/ turmeric and braggs w/ spinach and chopped onion. add any or all of the following:
gomasio
cheddar or mozzarella "cheese"
nutritional yeast
bac-uns
fakin bacon

luvzsunshine
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:41 PM
rice with cilantro and hot sauce

salad w/lots of kidney beans and garbanzo beans

zuccini & yellow squash in a spicy sauce wrapped in a corn tortilla

enchiladas w/hominy, spinach and kidney beans

MMMMMMM.....I'm getting hungry :)