PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Tigerlily
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Chickpeas!

tabitha
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM
hummous, garlic and olives.

Lex
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM
hummous, garlic and olives.

yum yum yum!

i was in a cooking mood last weekend, and had a bag of flour and a bag of chickpeas in the cupboard, so I made a big crusty loaf of bread and an industrial sized vat of hummous to go with it. Add some red wine and olives to accompany--delish!

sugarmouse
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:55 PM
i was in a cooking mood last weekend, and had a bag of flour and a bag of chickpeas in the cupboard, so I made a big crusty loaf of bread and an industrial sized vat of hummous to go with it. Add some red wine and olives to accompany--delish![/QUOTE]

I love dipping bread in hummous n olive oil aswell lol
i try n avoid bread though it isnt nice to me!

im always eatin carrots/broccoli/soups i make (im guna go make some now, reminded me!)quinoa...and i have just gotten a bit more into cheatin meat..i never liked it before.

tabitha
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:10 PM
yum yum yum!

i was in a cooking mood last weekend, and had a bag of flour and a bag of chickpeas in the cupboard, so I made a big crusty loaf of bread and an industrial sized vat of hummous to go with it. Add some red wine and olives to accompany--delish!

Lex - you are my ideal man!!! Now if only you like cats and Pearl Jam......:rolleyes:

Lex
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Lex - you are my ideal man!!! Now if only you like cats and Pearl Jam......:rolleyes:

reckon i can manage those ;)

btw, i drink a lot of green tea

(thought i'd better add that in to get back on topic:D )

~Lenore
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Red delicious apples
Baby carrots
Raw almonds
Fresh spinach & madarin orange salads! :D
Whole wheat bread with apple butter
Popsicles
Tofu plain with ketchup, heh
I eat a lot of potatoes and sweet potatoes, too

And lately I'm liking Think Organic bars, especially the coconut cacao one.

akaredarcher
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Hmm, food I eat really often...
apples
oranges
raw almonds
soy milk
green tea
rice milk
pasta type sauces (tomato based) - not just on pasta but with cornbread, rice, couscous, steamed veggies, baked polenta, leftover potatoes...
rice crackers
hummous - yum!
tomatoes
cucumber

That's my most common foods I reckon.

Diana
akaredarcher

Roxy
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Lately I have been eating a lot of curried foods - vegetables, chickpeas, lentils. At least twice a week. Yum! :D

speedylemons
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:18 AM
bananas, yams & spinach..

not all together.. heh. they're the three cheapest things around... so theyre like staples.

apple
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Fuji apples, Okinawan sweet potatoes, blueberries, oranges, broccoli,
carrots, spinach, romaine, summer squash, oats, and konnyaku (this yam root thing that I just love in soups and salads!)

veganashtangi
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:26 AM
Chickpeas!

Go chickpeas! My favourite bean!

Lately I have been eating a lot of curried foods - vegetables, chickpeas, lentils. At least twice a week. Yum! :D

Go curries! I love Indian food! I especially like chana dal, yummy!

poppy seed
Apr 21st, 2006, 02:46 PM
I'm really in a hummus kick right now. It's my favorite bedtime snack, but what an awful thing to crave right before bed (breath wise!).

veganashtangi
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM
I'm really in a hummus kick right now. It's my favorite bedtime snack, but what an awful thing to crave right before bed (breath wise!).

Go ask my poor poisoned gf. :D

Lydia_Sorrow
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Chocolate (vegan obviously)
Cheese on toast (fake cheese)
TEA! (soy milk)

I love tea

Tigerlily
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:41 PM
I love tea too! Mmm, I feel like a cup right now but I already had coffee and a pop. Too much caffeine.

Tigerlily
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:43 PM

Did you know in some parts of the Middle East (where hummus originated) it's tradition to use no garlic? That's the way my mom does it, and it's really good. Add a little more tahini and lemon juice than you normally would and it's delicious (you can really pick up the tastes). I have tried it with both garlic and no garlic, and all I can say is that garlic is way too overpowering for such a "delicate tasting" dip. It overpowers the nutty tahini taste.

poppy seed
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:48 PM
I've never seen a recipe for hummus without garlic! I will most definitely try it!

Tigerlily
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:58 PM
You should, or you could just add one clove of it.

I like adding a pinch or two of cumin to my hummus.

Ara
Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
Hummous! Carrot and cucumber :D

Enchantress
Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Bread, hummous, soya milk, tea, peanut butter, dark choccy.

veganbikerboy
Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
Bread and Hommous is my staple diet, because i travel alot for work it is the safe option.

Stirfried Tofu at home:D

Tray
Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:59 PM
pizza and pasta

JustPeachy
Apr 25th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Lately I've been eating and drinking loads of:

Baked beans
Raisins
Puffed wheat cereal
Soymilk with chocolate syrup
Calcium fortified OJ
Green tea

Canadeh, that's priceless.

Every week I make a dozen of vegan muffins and snack on those whenever I can't be arsed to make something to eat when I'm at work, whatever. Vanilla soymilk, I can't live without. I always make tomato soup with barley and loads of veggies, it's always conforting with crackers and stuff. Otherwise I have these vegan chocolate oatmeal biscuits who are just to die for! And lots of fruit with cinnamon or sugar or maple syrup, whatever there is :) And lots of tofu.

Glossgirl
Mar 22nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
water

pitabread
tacos
pasta with tomatosauce
pizza
couscous and lentils

Textured Vegetables Protein
parsley
sesame seeds
salad leaves