PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Cup'O'Tea
Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Ooooh I'll post here again.
-Pitas
-Oatmeal
-Brown Rice
-Ezekiel sprouted grain products (tortillas, burger buns, bread)
-Matcha soy lattes
-Lentils
-Chickpeas
-Black Beans
-Peanut Buttah
-Apples
-Strawberries
-Hemp protein
-Salad greens
-Tomatoes
-Cucumber
-Mushrooms

I eat almost all of those daily (but I only have 3 of the grains and 3-4 of the proteins per day)

confusionisben
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hummus. Seriously, like everyday.

veggiemaya
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
guacamole!

i have been making it fresh in my vita-mix and i just cant get enough! in fact, so far 2 of my co-workers have given me money to make them some. haha! maybe i should open a guacamole store! :p

august
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
kale, quinoa, tahini and watermelon- Yum

DiaShel
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Gala apples, bananas and almonds I have to have every day. I enjoy toast as well with vegan butter and strawberry jam. b

Kitteh
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM
I eat 3-4 bananas every day, baby spinach pretty much everyday, lettuce, toms, cuc, carrot. I don't feel good if I go a day without greens/salad. Black tea w/ rice milk.

DiaShel
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Can you eat that many bananas?? Ever since I was a kid my mom told me if you eat more then one banana you'll... well have bathroom issues. Maybe it's an old wives tale.

Kitteh
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Haha, no problems for me! You should read raw forums where some of the rawer ppl eat 20-30 bananas a day! I think our Mums say a lot of stuff that might have been told to them but isn't based on a lot of fact!!

JC
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
i heard that you can die from potassium overdose if you eat too many bananas! but i think we're talking like 10 a day here.

i eat chocolate porridge, nutritional yeast, chewing gum, mushrooms, baked beans and braeburn apples too often. they make up my basic diet, lol.

emzy1985
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
i heard that you can die from potassium overdose if you eat too many bananas! but i think we're talking like 10 a day here.

i eat chocolate porridge, nutritional yeast, chewing gum, mushrooms, baked beans and braeburn apples too often. they make up my basic diet, lol.

:eek: Really!!!?? I sometimes eat/drink that many! Have a massive love for them :cool:

Kitteh
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Haha, I v.v.v.v much doubt you can die from eating 10 narnas, that's hilarious!

I have massive lub for narnas too, one of the best fruits ever.

emzy1985
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM
So versatile too! On toast, in a milkshake, smoothie, fried with dahl yummy yummy in my tummy!

Well I hope it's not true lol

Anik
Apr 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM
raspberries
tea (peppermint, green or my new favourite detox version)
vegies I have to eat but favourites are eggplant, tomato, pumpkin, garlic, broccolli & salad leaves
soy lattes
fruit usually apples

squigaletta
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm addicted to tomato soup and rice cakes mmmmmmmmm

Tigerlily
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I've been eating tons of lentils the past few months. They are cheap, nutritious, and versatile. They are really healthy too. My blood work from the doctor's showed excellent iron levels! I was asked if I ate a lot of red meat! :D Yay lentils!

emzy1985
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Tigerlilly - I've been eating lentils in everything recently! I like a mix of green and red. It gives it a nice texture imo. I wasn't aware they were high in iron though...that's kinda strange of me not to know that!!! :rolleyes:

crazy_vegan
May 1st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Mmm...I eat hummus and pita bread almost every day!! I also can't live without cereal and silk soy milk!! Plus I'm bad 3 out of 7 nights and eat french fries :( What can ya do!?! LoL!

confusionisben
May 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM
Mmm...I eat hummus and pita bread almost every day!!

Sounds like me.

Recently though i have been literally buying the same huge vegan sandwich from a bakery near Uni. Seriously, every day. I fear ill turn into it.

Bad, especially considering i am on a strict budget. Must, must, must start making my own sandwiches before Uni. Its a good £10 a week a spend there, but i love that they know me, and the sandwich i get there now.

Tigerlily
May 1st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Tigerlilly - I've been eating lentils in everything recently! I like a mix of green and red. It gives it a nice texture imo. I wasn't aware they were high in iron though...that's kinda strange of me not to know that!!! :rolleyes:

They're awesome in soups! Add red lentils (like 1/4cup dried) to soups and cook until very mushy...it will make your soups nice and creamy without any dairy....blend your soup in a processor for extra creaminess!

beanstew
May 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Lentil and carrot soup is yummy.

Sarah_
May 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I eat tofurkey sandwiches at least six times a week.
I can't help it. I love sandwiches and I love tofurkey and it's so easy...
Also, it doesn't help that I hate mayo but somehow LOVE vegenaise....
omg I want one now. I have the oven roasted tofurkey in my fridge.
My ultimate sandwich is:
tofurkey on wheat bread with lettuce, a little bit of vegenaise, LOTS of mustard, tomato, pickles, pepperoncinis, and, if I happen to have it and an feeling adventurous, some veg mozarella slices (I usually shy away from all soy cheese).

Aurore
May 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
these days i'm craving for chocolate but i justify this by the fact my exams start in two days and i need some magnesium :D

i also like cutting tofu in cubes and cook them in a frying pan with vegetables, spices and a bit of oil. it's easy and it's a very versatile recipe, i do it with whatever veggies we have at home.

fondducoeur
May 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I eat Luna bars at least 3 mornings a week. As for dinner, I switch it up a lot, but my bf and I buy pizza crusts and sauce made by Rustic Crusts and top with stir fried diced tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, green peppers, artichokes, and lots of dried red pepper. We eat this every other week or so.

fondducoeur
May 4th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I guess I should also say I eat a lot of Subway veggie delights on italian bread (they say on their website this has no animal derived ingredients at all) with spinach, tomatoes, olives, banana peppers, green peppers, pickles, salt, pepper,oregano, and vinegar and oil, with baked potato chips. I eat this at least once a week (its really close to campus) and sometimes more.

Sarah_
May 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
^ I never thought to put artichoke bits on pizza! I love artichoke....*drool*