PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19

xrodolfox
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I eat pasta quite often. Hmmm... spaghetti

ShadowTears
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Hmm..I drink alot of Chocolate soy milk.
And..um I can ALWAYS eat some of Amy's spinach and cheese pizza.
And these new veggie chips I got are really yummy.

ellaminnowpea
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Sunflower seeds. I've been eating them every day.

umbilical
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
strawberries http://pinchmysalt.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/strawberries.jpg

PaintedXSkyline
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I eat pasta quite often. Hmmm... spaghetti

:) i think i know what to make for dinner now.

Prawnil
Jun 9th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Avocado, mulberries
And housebricks of cocoa halva.

tipsy
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:48 AM
ive been on an oatmeal kick latley. my fav thing to do is put a heaping tablespoon into it while its still hot & stirr it up!

anyway, so its 80 degrees (F) out, and im eating fecking peanutbutter oatmeal for dinner and sweating... yeah... i coudnt find the random stupid announcements thread, so now you get my RSA's. poor unsuspecting foodie readers...:devil:

also in that category, i really enjoy the :devil: smiley...

sugarmouse
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Home made tomato soup I love at the moment
And salads
and Popadums.
And carrot sticks with salsa.
I am getting more into food now I am running more and aint scared of it as much!

Glossgirl
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:29 PM
I got a change of habits:

Aubergine, yum yum

Mustard on everything

Melons

Wild rice

Artichoke or spinach pizza, mmmm

Dates

Coriander

Blueberries

Almonds

Almond milk

Cereal

LGBunny
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
tofu, soya milk, peanut butter and jam on toast, vegan mini-eggs, oranges, greens-gravy-potatoes-chickpeas

Glossgirl
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
And carrot sticks with salsa.

I eat a lot of broccoli with salsa.

erfoud
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:45 PM
If I had to pick out my staples, they´d be: tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, courgette, nuts, olives , rice , beans and lettuce-broccoli. Add texturized soya , some spices, and tamari sauce and I can survive as happily as a wild boar!

erfoud
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Ugh, I forgot the fruit! How forgetful!

Ames
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. And cous cous.

Snack wise I eat waaay to many nakd bars and cashew nuts!

Est
Jun 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Pitta with roasted red pepper hummous - nearly every lunch time! I adore that stuff.

Warm ciabatta rolls, cut in half and spread with a thin layer of tomato and chilli chutney, then lashings of plain hummous on top - at least once a week, sometimes more often. So good! :)

Japanese rice cakes (black sesame) - sometimes an entire packet in a day :o

Blueberries, raspberries and bananas as well.

bexi
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Pitta with roasted red pepper hummous - nearly every lunch time! I adore that stuff.

Ditto! I have that every single lunch (I'm boring like that... but its sooo good) :D. I generally have it with absolutely shitloads of lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, cucumber and sprouted seeds. Yum.

Some other stuff I eat pretty much every day are porridge, sliced apples with cashew butter (mmmm), strawberries, and soy nuts.

emzy1985
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Last few days I've eaten alot from this new Lebanese take away in town. Mostly Tabbleouh salad and falafel and humus wrap! :)

ellaminnowpea
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Emz, that sound awesome! I love Middle Eastern food!

I've been eating lots of peaches lately (three today!).

applepie
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM
lots of strawberries at the moment. can't get enough of them.

Frosty
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I can't get enough of red lentil soup at the mo. Seem to be making it most days. Soooo very tasty :)

twist
Jun 27th, 2008, 08:21 AM
^^^^^^ u must give me the recipe....love soups!

at the moment eating/drinking a lot of...
Rooibus tea with Soya milk
Peanut butter and banana on toast
grapes
cashews and flame raisins
hummus!!!!
stirfries

Qaxt
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:33 AM
Whole wheat pasta (with milled flax seed!). :P Plain, red sauce, nooch sauce, puttanesca, vegan alfredo, I'm big on pasta, hehe.

Peanut butter and jelly (and if I'm trying extra-hard to be healthy, I go for the almond butter instead; not as tasty, but healthier!). I have had peanut butter (or almond butter) and jelly almost every day of my life, or, at least most school days of my life. I have a tendency to eat the same thing day after day. :P

I have a reeeeally hard time mixing up my meals. I have a Luna bar EVERY morning for breakfast. For lunch, I usually have a peanut butter and jelly. Two hours after lunch, I usually have some sort of pasta, usually with olive oil and garlic (and sometimes onions). Then my dinner is different, depending on what my family wants. All this week (and probably next week, too), I'll be having a very pitiful salad every night for dinner (the prepackaged iceberg with the little carrot slivers and little bits of red cabbage). I've been having another peanut butter and jelly a couple hours later. I get broccoli in my diet a few times a week.

I'm working on getting a smoothie in every day; I had a kale/carrot/apple/almond milk smoothie yesterday. It wasn't that great, but oh well! :rolleyes: Working on the whole raw thing. You can see why I'd want to become healthier, lol.

As an omnivore, I ate cereal with milk (or poptarts), pb&j, Kraft mac and cheese, milk, milk, milk, cheese, chicken fingers, and the occasional burger. It was disgusting how much milk I drank, lol, and I don't really like almond, soy, or rice milk (all I've tried so far). XD

Then, as a vegetarian, I survived on cheesy (I swear I never tasted any cheese in those damn burritos, why did they even add it?!) bean burritos, Boca chik'n, and Morning Star black bean burgers. And peanut butter and jelly. Oh, and milk. >.>

Now I won't eat anything but the pb&j out of that list, so.

I really never ate fruits (unless you count applesauce) or vegetables (unless you count potatoes). But now I eat quite a bit of fruit (comparatively), and a lot more veggies than I used to. But SOMEHOW my doctor said I wasn't deficient in any nutrient (back right after the switch to vegetarianism). :no_expression:

Oh, jeez. I kind of wrote a book there. Sorry, mates!

cornishdreadhead
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty much contsantly making either leek and potatoe soup or cheese-less lasagne. Yummy!! I also LOVE tesco's dairy free chocolate spread....I eat it pretty much every morning, although I'm sure I'll get bored of it pretty soon!! :-D

ellaminnowpea
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Watermelon. With all the July 4th celebrations, I've probaly eaten a whole watermelon by myself over the past three days!

Jippia
Jul 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Food that I am eating often is bread. I grew up having bread or porridge (milk with instant flakes called Brinta) for breakfast, a hot meal for lunch (potatoes+vegetable+meat+yogurt or pudding) until I went to secondary school and had my lunch (sandwiches) at school, and bread in the evening. Most children did back then.

My favourite is a sandwich spread with vegan minarine, marmite on one slice and tahini on the other slice, and mixed seeds (flax, pumpkin, sunflower) in between for some nice crunch. I may have one for breakfast and for lunch if I have got the time in the morning. :)

Another favourite I cannot make too often is avocado mousse: one avocado, juice and pulp of one lime and two or three balls root ginger mixed together with my handblender. With or without soy yogurt. :)

I do not really have dinner items I make really often, or it must be plain boiled potatoes with one boiled vegetable and a veggie burger or sausage or crispy cubed tofu.

I absolutely love pumpkin and sweet potato soup. I have this big soup pan and make lots and lots of it. I freeze the portions in and when my husband has his own soup for Sunday lunch, I reheat a portion of my soup. I found little containers that can contain exactly one bowl of soup. I bought dozens of them. :D