PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Kiva Dancer
Sep 9th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Beans made in the slow cooker is my current thing.

Beans and rice, beans and tortillas, beans and mashed potatoes, beans mixed with veggies. It's all about the beans right now.

cast_the_flames
Sep 10th, 2004, 02:58 AM
cashews! i wish i could eat them all the time, but they are soo many calories!

Roxy
Sep 10th, 2004, 04:43 AM
vegan chocolate :p

slinkyvagabond
Sep 10th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Toast. Oh man. Two pieces of well browned wheat toast, margarined, then put with the margarine sides together to melt and get that perfect combination of crunchy and, uh, soaked.

And Multigrain Cheerios with almond milk. I never met a wholegrain carb I didn't like.

Baby carrots, mmmm...

I also became somewhat notorious round the end of last school year for going to the grocery store at open lunch, then coming back with one of those big bags of pretossed salad and eating it straight from the bag like chips. Love the big chunks of lettuce.

cedarblue
Sep 10th, 2004, 02:42 PM
for mini cedarblue (daughter) its always mint sauce! she have it over everything if she could! :eek:

Mystic
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I also have a thing for tomato sauce (ketchup). I don't have it that often coz I eat a lot of Indian food, but when I have burgers or wedges I absolutely drown my food in the stuff.

Also blueberries...eventhough they cost so much I always end up buying them. They cost around $6 - $8 for a 150g punnet!!!! I eat them really quickly too!!!!

SilverBird
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:58 AM
... and Multigrain Cheerios with almond milk ...

Cheerios ... as in "made by Nestle"? :eek:

foxytina_69
Sep 12th, 2004, 09:01 AM
whats wrong with cherrios?

Artichoke47
Sep 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM
They contain Vitamin D3.

cedarblue
Sep 12th, 2004, 04:59 PM
whats wrong with cherrios?

ever heard of the 'boycott nestle' campaign, foxy?

gertvegan
Sep 12th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Heres a wee bit about Boycott Nestle (http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/boycotts/popularboycotts.htm) .

foxytina_69
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:28 PM
oh my

assilembob
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Terra Chips...Chocolate...sour patch kids...terribly bad for me Dr. Pepper... vegan oreos type cookies...lots of stuff I can't really have...and the worst of all:
Pineapple...cause it gives me mouth sores if I eat too much.

~Mel

Gorilla
Sep 13th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Tofu Monster - i have heard from another vegan website that Tesco have changed their jam doughnut recipe since their entry in the Animal Free Shopper and they now use eggs - please check with Tesco as some people who used to eat them have been very upset about this. :( :(

back to the thread - i looooove houmous and would eat it all the time if i could but then i'd be enormous!!! ;)

i also have a thing for Green & Black's cherry chocolate but again, not something i can eat too much of!

slightly healthier though, i love chick peas and lentils in any sort of yummy sauce e.g. dhal.

cowpie
Sep 17th, 2004, 12:29 AM
I have a voracious sweet tooth. I love chocolate, cookies, Soy Delicious Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream. Love them sweeties....

Mal87
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:44 AM
Lately I've been eating a lot of pita bread and avocado. and granny smith apples. yum. and chocolate soy milk. :)

phillip888
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:13 AM
Really often? I eat a good salad daily, usually 50% lettuce and sprouts, and the rest is fruits like tomatoe, pepper, cucumber, olives, and avocado. I work at a comapany with a raw vegan CEO so the cafeteria there always has organic produce in the salad bar. It's funny because I eat with coworkers in my group that sit there and complain about their tateless pus covered pasta and how tasteless and old it is, while I'm pigging out on my salad...of flavour and texture. At home I eat a lot of apples, oranges, banannas, avocado, and green salads.

Oh, I wanted to add, Nestle, yes an entity I will never support, but kraft is part of altria, a conglomoration of the lowest life forms on earth. Corporations that knowingly and willfully kill people are really off my list of ones to support.

snaffler
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
Most days I eat Tofu I love the stuff I can get around here, Humouse is another regular as long as I am not going out any place two of my mate moan about garlic :) LOL so I moan about their blood stained teeth :D.

If I am out Hunt Sabbing a healthy stock of Bananas they keep the energy levels up, we tend to do a fair bit of cross country running and walking and hiding and arguing :rolleyes:

blue
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:50 AM
I eat a bowl of mixed fruit every night when I get to work.

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Really often - Cucumber, Bananas (ooh er, both a bit phallic now I think on!!),
also, Homous, and Sprouts of all types are a new favourite!!

cedarblue
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Really often - Cucumber, Bananas (ooh er, both a bit phallic now I think on!!),

steady pinkie :)

at the moment for me it is russet apples as they are in season, also ginger, pb and pitta breads.
not all together of course :D

Gorilla
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:44 PM
i've been eating loads of Baxter's French onion soup recently. most ready made onion soups contain beef but this one is labelled as vegan and it's lovely :)

of course i could make my own but i'm lazy ;)

feline01
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:59 PM
at the moment for me it is russet apples as they are in season :D

Same here Cedar but I've been having a MacIntosh apple everyday. I love them and can only get organic Mac's this time of year. I've been on a bosc pear kick as well along with almond butter.

casey_veggoddes
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:02 AM
The foods I eat the most are:

pasta w/ a tomato sauce, oatmeal, pretzels (usually for lunch cuz that's all I can get from the vending machine at school), veggie stew, and rice, usually with frozen corn since I also put corn in everything I can.

In the summer I eat strawberries and watermelon constantly ;)

blue
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I have a thing, I cannot eat ginger or anything with ginger!