PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Andie
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Orange juice with lemon and lime juice to reduce the sweet, sometimes I freeze the juice and make an icey
Granola with raisins and sometimes banana chips, sometimes with soy milk
nachos with beans, salsa, avacado and sometimes tofu "sour cream"
stir fried veggies over rice

blue
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:24 AM
I saw something at H.E. B the other day called Pita chips, I wonder if they are Vegan......

aqaneve
Nov 12th, 2004, 09:45 AM
apricots
figs
dark chocolate (99%...mmmm)
a lot of bread
soy milk

Snowdrift
Nov 12th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Avocado's are a must everyday....mostly on granary bread with truffle mustard........in fact I find the truffle mustard so sooo heavingly yummy and moorish I tend to have too much and I loose my taste!!!lol.......

Pasta with peas and yofu......sometimes i change the peas for Baked beans, but always have yofu..........

And I have yofu instead of margarine on bread.....and yofu with loads of stuff
:D

And to round off the evening some cider with a Dr Karg crisp bread ( onion or wholegrain )

:D :)

tails4wagging
Nov 12th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I'm into nuts in a big way at the moment, can't get enough of them!.

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I'm into nuts in a big way at the moment, can't get enough of them!.

I bet! :D

megmsw
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Lots and lots of avocados, sweet potatoes, humus, apples, bananas, rice & beans and vanilla soy milk. Iím looking forward to fall foods liked baked apples, stuffed onions and pumpkin pies!!

violet
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:05 PM
fresh fruit, especially oranges and apples; fresh fruit juice, smoothies, potatoes, lentils and other beans, ethiopian food (I'm a total addict), luna bars, tomatoes.

superfly
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:55 PM
spinich, carrots, avacado, Fuji & Braeburn apples, all tossed into a salad with either garbanzo or black beans. that is usually my main meal.
for snacking i have hummus (nothing beats fresh home made hummus with lots of garlic), and carrot sticks. :)

veganess
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I eat it every day. Granola, muesli, anything vegan and organic.

Wildflower
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:54 PM
We go through phases... in summer we were all about tacos! every day i was eating them, soy "meat" soy cheese, tomatos, green onions, green olives and avacados.

I eat black beans a lot - especially in burritos with green onions, green peppers, green olives, green salsa, tomatos and guacamole.

Lately I have been really into red potatos and soymilk. Last week or so, soy yogert.

We have been eating gardenburger riblets and garlic mashed potatos for dinner a lot the last few months. and cookies, i can't get enough chocolate chip cookies.

drummer
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Fruit - in the form of fresh fruit, dried fruit, fruit soy yogurt. Not a huge fan of cooked fruit, but its great in a good pudding.
Home made museli is good, with no added sugar.
Been eating a lot of whole wheat pasta this weeek - 3 times already. Had whole wheat spaghetti with tvp and home made sauce, then penne with a creamy soy cheese sauce, then today had whole wheat spinach fettuchine with home made pasta sauce and chunky nutmeat.

Does anyone here know if kellog's cereals are still GE? I rarely eat such processed breakfast cereals, they are just loaded with sugar, but I am wondering if they have rid themselves of GE ingredients yet.

Mystic
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Korn, what exactly is Streich?

I didn't know that Kelloggs cereals were GE - I used to ALWAYS eat mini wheats wholewheat for breakfast. If they are not GE, I would say that they would be a good choice as they are (I think) 100% wholewheat - no added sugar or anything - great with a sliced banana

GwynneVeg
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:22 PM
spinich, carrots, avacado, Fuji & Braeburn apples, all tossed into a salad with either garbanzo or black beans. that is usually my main meal.
for snacking i have hummus (nothing beats fresh home made hummus with lots of garlic), and carrot sticks. :)

The salad sounds delicious. What do you use for dressing?

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I have started eating grated salad really often (twice every day).
I am not keen on eating loads of whole leaves, so this is wonderful - wish I had discovered it sooner!!

bulletproof
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:39 PM
jam doughnuts! :p

why oh why did my 'animal free shopper' have to mention that tesco doughnuts are vegan. the bastards! :rolleyes:

*getting fat* :eek:

OMG are they? really?
:eek: < drools at the thought of donuts

damn i just saw gorilla's post, that sucks :(
ah well.

GwynneVeg
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:26 AM
I have started eating grated salad really often (twice every day).
I am not keen on eating loads of whole leaves, so this is wonderful - wish I had discovered it sooner!!

What is grated salad?

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:30 AM
What is grated salad?

Just, literally, all the salad ingredients grated - cucumber, tomato, carrot, garlic, Chinese leaves, lettuce - then rip up some baby Spinach to add - and Hey Presto! :)
It's a new texture and it makes the food last longer.

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:31 AM
OMG are they? really?
:eek: < drools at the thought of donuts

damn i just saw gorilla's post, that sucks :(
ah well.

I am sure the 5 packs are Vegan - they are in the shopper guide and in Tesco's latest Vegan guide (they will send it to you if you request one).
Weirdly, though, the singles, and 10 packs are different.

Korn
Dec 11th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Korn, what exactly is Streich?

Hi Banana, Streich is a series of bread spreads made by a German company called Zwergenwiese, and comes in different flavors. The one I just had some of, for example, 'Schnittlauch', is made of sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, chives, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and spices.

More info here: http://zwergenwiese.de/eng/prod_streich.html

jumpinglegacy
Dec 11th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I eat apples and oranges every day, and often at least one serving of steamed vegetables per day.

marika5
Dec 12th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Every day I have romaine, yellow onion, tomato, citrus, strawberries, blackberries, flax, walnuts, a brazil nut, green tea, some type of legume, and some type of crucifer.

Most days I have carrot or sweet potato, summer squash, scallion, apple, arugula, and spinach or chard.

GwynneVeg
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Every day I have romaine, yellow onion, tomato, citrus, strawberries, blackberries, flax, walnuts, a brazil nut, green tea, some type of legume, and some type of crucifer.

Most days I have carrot or sweet potato, summer squash, scallion, apple, arugula, and spinach or chard.

Do you ever eat grains or bread or whole grain rice?

marika5
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Sometimes, but not nearly as often as I used to. I wanted more vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protective phytochemicals, so I cut back on them. Throughout the very large majority of our evolutionary past, they were not a part of the diet and that there is no real requirement for them.

GwynneVeg
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Sometimes, but not nearly as often as I used to. I wanted more vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protective phytochemicals, so I cut back on them. Throughout the very large majority of our evolutionary past, they were not a part of the diet and that there is no real requirement for them.

I currently eat a "grain-based" diet and I really love it, but am curious about raw foods. Is that what you do?