PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

marika5
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:02 AM
I am not 100% raw, but more like 80%. About 10% of my calories come from cooked legumes (usually lightly cooked sprouted ones and soymilk) and another 10% from various things including lightly steamed vegetables, light beer, red wine, and sometimes grains and junk.

I put a list of excerpts from abstracts or full abstracts showing benefits of raw vegetables for cancer risk here:

It seems pretty clear to me that more raw is better, but I am not sure that 100% raw is really necessary. I find it difficult to keep from overdoing it on sweet fruit and fats when I omit cooked legumes.

http://members.atlantic.net/~dec/raw_veg_cancer.htm

doriori
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Right now:
bagels
peanut butter
rice cakes (!!!)
hot and sour soup
tofu (lots of it!!)
soy bacon (i am not one for fake meat normally either)
baby carrots and hummus
thai noodles

Mr Pearcore
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Mexican chilli beans on either toast, tacos, or pasta - all vegan of course.

I have Mexican chilli beans most days, either for lunch or dinner or sometimes both. I am addicted to them and have been for years now. I add curry powder to them and chop up red or green chillis and throw them in too. My friends always tease me about mexican beans being the only thing I eat. I do eat more, but they are like the thing that I eat alot of.

When I first became a vegetarian about 6 years ago just before I became vegan, I used to eat alot of pasta. Like pasta every day, lunch and dinner. But it is not too good eating so much pasta when you do not exercise. Plus, I got bored of pasta everyday.

Vora
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:36 PM
For me it's :
- Bananas (everyday ! ^^)
- Apples
- Soy or rice milk
- Dry fruits and peanuts (cashew nuts and dates are sooo good ! )
- Tomatoes
- Brown rice
- Soy yogurts (chocolate or cereal flavour are my favourites ^^)
- Cereal bread
- Peanut butter
- Rice toast
- Various Asian junk food (soy/rice cake, rice/sesame/tapioca crackers, plantains/sweet potatoes chips, etc...)

I wish that in France we have more produces like vegan hotdogs, ice-creams or pastries... but there’s nothing like this (just the usual meat substitutes like tofu, seitan, some soy “steak” and a very few “cheese”, so poor…) That’s so unfair... *sigh*

paranoiathreat
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:21 PM
i eat mangos so often. One a day if we have them (at least, haha). i LOVE cereal. dried fruit. oh yea.

PinkFluffyCloud
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I used to hate Mangoes, then I discovered them juiced - mmmmmmm, now I have at least one every day, lovely!

snivelingchild
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I'm always eating romaine lettuce sandwiches with veganaise. I don't know why, but I love 'em!

TheFirstBus
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I have toast with some cashew butter and jam on it most mornings with some fruit and let us never forget the green tea

Mr Pearcore
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:59 AM
^^^^
I see we have another Refused and Dylan fan amongst us. Lovely to see. I like you. Youre my favourite. Based on your Refused appreciation alone.

feline01
Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm always eating romaine lettuce sandwiches with veganaise. I don't know why, but I love 'em!
Anything with vegannaise tastes good ;) . I used to eat vegannaise on ezekiel bread when I was pregnant and sometimes just eat it by the spoon :o . And vegannaise and peanut butter sandwiches. Yumm.

Mystic
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:30 AM
And vegannaise and peanut butter sandwiches. Yumm.

And you thought Foxytina was wierd for eating ketchup sandwiches????????? :D

citameht
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:16 AM
At least oat mi?k, rye bread, beans (especially chick peas and the dark variety that grows in cold climate), four grain cereal at every breakfast (hate it when I skip it), fort. soy crush, fresh cucumber.

Hey, that's not a dismally short list after all. :)

DeathOfDecadence
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Anything with vegannaise tastes good ;) . I used to eat vegannaise on ezekiel bread when I was pregnant and sometimes just eat it by the spoon :o . And vegannaise and peanut butter sandwiches. Yumm.
I agree, right not im doing veganaise with ezekiel tortillas. i honestly love this stuff with anything. not the healthiest combo but for some reason i LOVE fritos dipped in veganaise.

DeathOfDecadence
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:17 AM
also for some reason veganaise pb sandwiches sound great...uh oh should i be worried im pregnant just kidding

effulgent
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Most every morning I eat one of two things for breakfast:

1) Scotch oats (steel-cut oats) with agave syrup and cinnamon
OR
2) Rice and Shine cereal with maple syrup (Rice and Shine by Arrowhead Mills is like Cream of Wheat, but with rice instead of wheat)

I eat boiled short-grain organic brown rice almost every day. I eat steamed kale salad 2-3 times a week. (Steam kale - put in bowl - sprinkle tamari sauce, umeboshi vinegar and roasted sesame seeds - serve). I drink twig tea and green tea almost every day. I have miso soup 4-5 times a week. I eat carrots in some shape or form every day, and onions too for the most part.

PolluxStar
Mar 31st, 2005, 07:32 AM
I can't get enough of hummus n cashews right now :o

not together though

DoveInGreyClothing
Apr 10th, 2005, 06:38 PM
tofu
stir fry's (esp fresh oriental veg)
curries
bombay mix
blackfriars flapjacks
fruit (esp apples pears oranges strawberries)
ryvita sesame
sesame snaps
vegan chocolate....oh the list is endless, I like my food!

Glen
Apr 16th, 2005, 11:28 AM
lentils
bananas
mango
vegan cheese spread
pasta

dreama
Apr 17th, 2005, 07:21 PM
vegan curries. My favorite curry is rogan josh with artificual meat and yofu.

I also eat a lot of toasted sandwiches: My favorite being baked beans, cheezley and onion. I also like fried tofu (which I find tastes very much like egg) and rasher sandwhich with fried onions and tomato relish.

I also really love vegan Icecream.

mintchoccochip
Apr 24th, 2005, 05:51 PM
i love wonderbread, i read it was vegan on peta2.com and now i cant stop eating it

RockyRaccoon
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Apples!
I've really changed my diet recently, cutting out almost all processed foods, and I've taken to snacking on fruit in a big way. I hope it's not possible to eat too much fruit :( I eat at least 4 apples a day as well as pears, kiwis, mangoes and grapes. But apples are best. Apples are yum :D :D :D

Caitlin
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Im afraid I eat too many starchy foods

Mystic
Jun 28th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Apples!
I've really changed my diet recently, cutting out almost all processed foods, and I've taken to snacking on fruit in a big way. I hope it's not possible to eat too much fruit :( I eat at least 4 apples a day as well as pears, kiwis, mangoes and grapes. But apples are best. Apples are yum

OMG me too! I eat like 3 apples a day at the moment. I think I should try and get more variety.

rantipole
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Mmm. mangos...

I lived in Panama for six months. When I got in from work on the river, I would go to the mango tree that grew near my apartment and harvest freshly fallen ones off the ground. I'd eat three or four of them for lunch and then nap in the hammock. That was the life.

Right now, I'm eating a lot of:
cereal with vanilla rice milk and fresh fruit (organic strawberries have been on sale!!)
coffee with silk
chocomint green tea
stir-fried vegetables in soy sauce/lemon/garlic/turmeric
organic pop tarts (:-( discovered they aren't vegan! whey is evil!)--I ate the last one today and won't buy another box
salad with Annie's Goddess Dressing
and my perennial fave, blue corn chips and salsa

I try to eat at least one leafy green vegetable a day, but today I failed.

Cheers,
rant

Wildflower
Jul 7th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Of late -

coffee with silk hazelnut soycreamer
red/yellow/orange peppers roasted on the bbq
portabella mushroom caps grilled on the bbq with Newman's Own Light Itallian Dressing con Limone
potatos with garlic, fresh black pepper and olive oil roasted in foil on the bbq
Oatmeal
Bananas
Silk Vanilla Soymilk
tofu
homemade banana chocolate chip muffins
homemade pancakes
orange juice
roma tomatos