PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

sugarmouse
Jul 7th, 2005, 03:57 PM
i eat too erratic.....i couldnt tel u!

i m permanantly nibbling somthigng.lol ;)

Kumem
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Bananas, beans, walnuts and chocolate :D

ay_runner_22
Jul 7th, 2005, 05:40 PM
toast and peanut butter

Roxy
Jul 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I have discovered this delightful Chestnut Spread and I've been eating it every day for breakfast mmmm!

catmogg
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I regularly eat...

Breakfast:
-Swiss muselli & soya milk
-porridge & maple syrup
-cherry jam and peanut butter on toasted granary bread

Main meals
-salad avec French dressing
-beans on toast, vegan bacon, toms, mushrooms
-pappadoms with mango chutney
-lentil dhal
- cous cous

Treats:
-flap jacks (recently i've tried to avoid certain brands (blackfriars among them)because they have hydrolised vegetable fat in them, which is bad bad bad... )
-cherries, blue berries, raspberries
-medjool dates
-dark chocolate brazil nuts
-carob gingers
-green and blacks maya gold chocolate, yum yum yum yum yum yum (But reacently someone told me the owners had changed and they were no longer a very ethical brand, anyone know owt abt this???)

catmogg
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:54 PM
oh yeah, i read someone eats scrambled tofu, sounds delicious, how do you make that??

maya
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I make my own hummus and serve it with veggies and pita. It is my cousins request when we get together. I also have to have dahl once a week.

Maya

Roxy
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Cute avatar Maya ;) :)

I love hummus! I eat it all the time too :) Actually, I think I have a garlic addiction.

maya
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I can not cook with out garlic, you should try my Hummus.

Maya

Cute avatar Maya ;) :)

I love hummus! I eat it all the time too :) Actually, I think I have a garlic addiction.

Kumem
Jul 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=catmogg

green and blacks maya gold chocolate, yum yum yum yum yum yum (But reacently someone told me the owners had changed and they were no longer a very ethical brand, anyone know owt abt this???)[/QUOTE]

They've been taken over by Cadbury's, but still run their company in their own right. Don't know if that will change.

Wildflower
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:02 PM
oh yeah, i read someone eats scrambled tofu, sounds delicious, how do you make that??

I make this occasionally. Essentially, you take a frying pan, add some oil, and then add a block of semi-firm tofu. Then you just kinda mash it appart so that it crumbles and looks like scrambled eggs. You can crumble it outside the pan, and add spices too if you don't have enough room in the pan. Tumeric will give it an egg color and good taste. you can add other spices too, salt, pepper, dried onion or garlic powder. there is a spice mix here in the US made by Fantastic that I use sometimes. It is pretty salty though.

Basically, add the veggies you like and heat it up! Very easy. I like chopped tomatos, peppers and brocolli. Something like mushrooms you would need to cook seperately if you want them to be soft (i like my veggies kinda half cooked so I just throw them all in together)

you can add a bit of soymilk too for a creamier texture, or some soy cheese for an omlet like dish. I have also heard of transfering to a cassorole dish and baking in the oven to make a sort of quiche. I haven't done that though.

Roxy
Jul 8th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I have also heard of transfering to a cassorole dish and baking in the oven to make a sort of quiche. I haven't done that though.

Mmmmm and I bet it would be nice with some chopped Yves veggie bacon mixed in! :D

screamingcarrot
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:29 PM
sultanas!!..i eat about a kilo a week.. :eek:
tomatoes everyday, grated carrots everyday..and i cant live without vegemite!

puffin
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:28 PM
sultanas!!..i eat about a kilo a week.. :eek:
tomatoes everyday, grated carrots everyday..and i cant live without vegemite!
Tomatoes every day for me to, i am getting sick of tomatoes :rolleyes: ;)

screamingcarrot
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:37 PM
i cant seem to get enough of them, i heard somewhere they are addictive, is it true?
tomatoes keep you young anyway..dont they contain lycoptene (sp?) that helps keep your skin elastic?! :)

puffin
Jul 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Well i hope that is true sreamingcarrot, i will look young forever the amount i eat. I shall never slag of the humble tomato again ;)

sugarmouse
Jul 17th, 2005, 12:24 PM
i eat carots most days aswell..are they meant to do anything amazing lol?!? carrots nd vegan mayonnaisey stuff.......io could live off them.tomatoes are better if theyre coooked am i right?? :confused:

screamingcarrot
Jul 17th, 2005, 01:03 PM
i eat carots most days aswell..are they meant to do anything amazing lol?!? carrots nd vegan mayonnaisey stuff.......io could live off them.tomatoes are better if theyre coooked am i right?? :confused:

apparently carrots can help detox your liver. and they are good for your eyes!
i heard on this forum that tomatoes are better when cooked..apparently even tomato sauce/ketchup is good for you (apart from all the added salt and sugar of course!). how do you eat carrots? i always have mine raw, grated, with a squeeze of lemon juice, so refreshing in summer!!!!!! :D

LittleNellColumbia
Jul 17th, 2005, 01:46 PM
i lurrrrrrrvvvve cashews! im addicted! i also love..........
prunes
raw oats with choccy sauce (my own 'repulsive but satisfying' recipe:D )
pizza- boohoo im sad i cant find any veg pizza where i live!
cheesecake
dnuts
chips- good while u have em, but i feel sick afterwards
bananas
cashew spead
tofutti cheese
crumpets
soyhealthy sausages
lindt orange chocolate- heavenly and healthy tasting!

as u may have observed.......im not very healthy! :D

screamingcarrot
Jul 17th, 2005, 02:03 PM
ive never had cashew spread..is it as good as peanut butter? i eat a jar a week.... :D

LittleNellColumbia
Jul 17th, 2005, 02:17 PM
cashew spread is devine! i havnt had it in ages.....its so good 2 have if u love cashews coz u can have the hole jar and it would be equal to only 1/4 cup whole cashews (in calorie content).......which means more yumminess and more room for other good foods durin the day.......yipee!:D

catmogg
Jul 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I make this occasionally. Essentially, you take a frying pan, add some oil, and then add a block of semi-firm tofu. Then you just kinda mash it appart so that it crumbles and looks like scrambled eggs. You can crumble it outside the pan, and add spices too if you don't have enough room in the pan. Tumeric will give it an egg color and good taste. you can add other spices too, salt, pepper, dried onion or garlic powder. there is a spice mix here in the US made by Fantastic that I use sometimes. It is pretty salty though.

Basically, add the veggies you like and heat it up! Very easy. I like chopped tomatos, peppers and brocolli. Something like mushrooms you would need to cook seperately if you want them to be soft (i like my veggies kinda half cooked so I just throw them all in together)

you can add a bit of soymilk too for a creamier texture, or some soy cheese for an omlet like dish. I have also heard of transfering to a cassorole dish and baking in the oven to make a sort of quiche. I haven't done that though.

Wildflower, thanks so much for this recipie, i made a version 4 my lunch with vegan bacon, onion, garlic and mushroom and had it on toast with baked beans, yum yum yum... it was delicious!!

catmogg
Jul 17th, 2005, 04:37 PM
jam doughnuts! :p

why oh why did my 'animal free shopper' have to mention that tesco doughnuts are vegan. the bastards! :rolleyes:

*getting fat* :eek:

I love doghnuts, oh why did you have to mention that Tesco doughnuts are vegan!! Bastard. Just cos you're getting fat!!j/k

p.s. so which ones exactly....?

kimmyk
Jul 17th, 2005, 04:48 PM
HMMM..... I would have to say vegan nachos i live right next to a vegan store call four seasons so i have everything at my finger tips. natural nacho chips or corn chips or etc... buy soy meat thats taco flavored they have it, taco sause whatever strength you fancy, tofutti better then sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa, fresh scallions, and of course cheese buti skip the cheese. i haven't found on thats I like so any one you strongly recommend please let me knowor i'll search around the form too.

scruffyhead
Jul 18th, 2005, 08:13 PM
everyday i eat 2-3 oranges, 2-3 apples, 2 bananas never miss a day :) just love my fruit lol