PDA

View Full Version : Food you eat really often?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

kimmyk
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:24 AM
wow that's great I love fruit too I have about three pieces a day. I know thats not very much, but my boyfriend hardly eats any so at least i've got one up on him lol.

LittleNellColumbia
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Gosh you're all so healthy! oops it makes me look bad:o maybe ill up the fruit and veg intake abit more....... lol

sugarmouse
Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:30 AM
i go thru phases with food..atm i live off carrots n avacados..lol
and pasta sauce..im weird i know...

gicuzzi
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Cucumbers...bananas...Avocados... Mmmmmm!

moochbabe
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I LOVE hummus and pita or carrots. Also pretty much any fresh veggy or fruit and I'm on it. I really love oatmeal with granola mixed in lately. I love nuts of all kinds, including nut butters. Also I really like tofu, it's a definate staple in my diet. Also I found some awesome vegan organic graham crackers, that, if they weren't super sweet, i would eat all the time. Also any whole grain, namely quinoa, I eat several times a day. But all of your ideas sound delicious as well, and I can't wait to try some of them!

my3labs
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Hummus, pita chips, red peppers, cucumbers, onions.

Way too much hummus and pita chips! I'm obsessed with it.

sugarmouse
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:19 PM
tomatoes..carrots...avacados..toffuti and rice cheese...rice cakes...quinea..i make my own rice cakes when i can b bothered lol

Lentil
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Gorgeous sandwiches - fresh wholemeal bread, thickly spread with houmous, piled high with grated organic carrot and raw watercress or spinach .... mmmmmmn :D

moochbabe
Aug 12th, 2005, 01:34 AM
YUM that sandwich sounds divine! How do u make ur own rice cakes? They sound really good too! :)

Palm
Aug 14th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Slightly off topic, a Kraft animation. http://www.krafty.org/flash/ Marmite rules.

That is horrible... and it makes me mad.

ZZ
Sep 5th, 2005, 11:52 PM
1) Flax seed oil (or Essential Balance - www.omeganutrition.com (http://www.omeganutrition.com/))
2) Apple cider vinegar
3) Blackstrap molasses

What about you?

Mystic
Sep 5th, 2005, 11:57 PM
1. Probably whole wheat, in the form of bread, pita, pasta, couscous etc...
2. I can't remember a day where I haven't had a tomato in some form or another
3. Dates, but also lately, chocolate :D

tipsy
Sep 6th, 2005, 12:30 AM
spinach
some type of whole grain...brown rice, whole wheat bread, bulgar, kamut....you know carbs....im a CARB ADDICT!! :D

Kiva Dancer
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Only 3? This is cruel!

Right then. My 3 are:

1) corn
2) beets
3) garlic

assilembob
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:09 AM
1. Carrots
2. Bananas
3. Legume (of some sort!)

assilembob
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:13 AM
3. Dates, but also lately, chocolate :D

Oh my...the guys at whole foods were laughing at me...
I go there for two things. Medjool Dates and dried mango. I walked up to the place the dates are kept and NO MEDJOOL DATES!!!
I had those guys checking everywhere. I drive an hour to get them and dang it they were going to find me some. I was craving all kinds of major.
I bought two large containers of them. I am not sure of the size of the container but I would guess about 2 qt. of liquid can fit (not sure what that is in metric!)
I also found some chocolate covered date rolls with coconut on them. Those didn't make it home. They were consumed on the ride back.

Seaside
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:36 AM
1. Sugar

2. Salt

3. Ketchup

:D

Roxy
Sep 6th, 2005, 03:08 AM
1. Coffee
2. Non-Dairy Creamer
3. Some version of bread

ZZ
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the answers, this is very interesting to me.

Btw, you don't have to limit yourself to 3. I wrote down 3 because they are the only 3 things that I DO consume every single day of my life. In fact, they are the first three things I consume after I get up. I take them raw (one at a time, not mixed together... http://veganforum.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

P.S. I do not really enjoy eating. It's an obligation, not a choice. So I only eat the strict minimum in order to keep the body alive and relatively healthy.

Mystic
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Who doesn't enjoy eating???? I have NEVER heard of that!!!!! Please elaborate - I am fascinated.

Zanahorias!
Sep 6th, 2005, 04:52 AM
zz sound exactly like a friend of mine... As for myself, I love eating and do a LOT of it!! :D

I definately eat cereal of some sort daily... I could literally eat it with every meal, but I'm not quite that ridiculous...
GREEN TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drink copious amounts of this.
Soy milk...me encanta!
I wish I could consume dates daily... but as soon as I buy them, which can't be every day, they mysteriously disappear... down my throat.

Seaside
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Btw, you don't have to limit yourself to 3.
Oh, good. :)
4. Mustard :D

ZZ
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Hey! You really got a sense of humour here...http://veganforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif I like that!

Eating is like sex. Past the point of keeping the body alive, or past the point of procreation, you do it for other reasons. Sure, sexual intercourse is another way to express love and closeness between two individuals in love. But it is often used to express power or control, or to seek attention, or affection, or to fill a sense of insecurity. Wanting to be needed. Or punished.

Same thing with food. People eat past their needs in an attempt to deal with their sense of insecurity, of loneliness, of low self-esteem. To make up for things in their lives that they perceive as missing or not adequate.

I've been eating for more than 40 years. I don't use food to make up for other things. If I had a choice, I wouldn't eat. I could spend that time doing other activities. I don't use food except to keep this body of mine alive. I know the importance of a healthy physical body (and a healthy mental body too).

The body is like a vehicle. Take good care of it and you'll be able to count on it for a very long time. Unless your destiny is to die relatively young.

Seaside
Sep 6th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Hey! You really got a sense of humour here...http://veganforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif I like that!

Eating is like sex. Past the point of keeping the body alive, or past the point of procreation, you do it for other reasons. Sure, sexual intercourse is another way to express love and closeness between two individuals in love. But it is often used to express power or control, or to seek attention, or affection, or to fill a sense of insecurity. Wanting to be needed. Or punished.

Same thing with food. People eat past their needs in an attempt to deal with their sense of insecurity, of loneliness, of low self-esteem. To make up for things in their lives that they perceive as missing or not adequate.

I've been eating for more than 40 years. I don't use food to make up for other things. If I had a choice, I wouldn't eat. I could spend that time doing other activities. I don't use food except to keep this body of mine alive. I know the importance of a healthy physical body (and a healthy mental body too).

The body is like a vehicle. Take good care of it and you'll be able to count on it for a very long time. Unless your destiny is to die relatively young.
My dad is like this. He's not particularly focussed on his health, but he is not extremely interested in eating. He is very creative, and keeps himself busy with stuff he doesn't want to take a break from in order to eat. Sometimes I get like this, but other times I do like to eat. :o

FR
Sep 6th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I'd say everyday I have an apple, an orange, and soy milk.