PDA

View Full Version : Fruitarian / Fruitarianism

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

eve
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Have you come acrss this website? http://www.newstarget.com/ unfortunately as I'm still on dial-up, I can't access the trailers to the various cds.

Healthy
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Eve, that's a great site -- thanks a million!

Zero
Jan 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Have you come acrss this website? http://www.newstarget.com/ unfortunately as I'm still on dial-up, I can't access the trailers to the various cds.

Looks like a useful site. I am particularly interested in the "Generation Rx" piece, I have been looking at pharma scams for sometime and been wondering how many worthless pills there are in the drug market.

Thanks for posting that.

emmy
Jan 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
yes, a very good site! i've just read a 'big pharma' article, and also gone through the macrophotography of processed meat....not nice at all!

belleadonna
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I don't know if anyone said this already as I didn't read every single post but here is a guy that has been fruitarian for a long time. Here is a link to his site.

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showtopic=2557

He also used to post on www.veganbodybuilding.com (http://www.veganbodybuilding.com)
I don't know if he still does.

belleadonna
Mar 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I have been watching some of Richard Blackman's video's on Utube. The guy is amazing. He is a strict fruitarian and he has lots of good advice.

He is so right when he says that people are out of touch with their own bodies. We need to learn more about our bodies and how we treat them. We often listen to strangers about different techniques for doing raw. They don't know us or our bodies!!! As we transition and detox we can better hear what our bodies are calling for and feed it thusly.

Zero
Mar 10th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I have been watching some of Richard Blackman's video's on Utube. The guy is amazing. He is a strict fruitarian and he has lots of good advice.

Yeah, Richard is awesome. He and I have very similar views on these things, where he is at is where I aspire to be. He eats nothing but fruit, drinks no water, no supplements.

belleadonna
Mar 14th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I know. And look at his body. He is so healthy and fit. Doesn't look like his teeth are falling out either!! ;)
I wish that he would like a book about his adventure in fruitarianism!!

Zero
Mar 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
A good article:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3893/Unhealthy_Fruitarians.htm

Gives a great reminder that being heathly isn't just about your diet, it's about your lifestyle as a whole.

belleadonna
Mar 15th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the link. Good article.

littlewinker
Mar 26th, 2008, 05:10 PM
fruitarians can also eat seeds, beans and nuts and anything where the plant doesn't die.

Zero
May 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
fruitarians can also eat seeds, beans and nuts and anything where the plant doesn't die.

It really depends on your personal feelings about it and your definition of fruitarianism, as many different ones have been coined.

Generally though, fruitarians don't consider beans part of a strict fruitarian diet, some don't eat nuts, others don't eat seeds, other than those that are in the fruit they are eating at the time.

Some say that fruitarianism is just eating fruit, others say that a high fruit diet of around 75% or more fruit is a fruitarian diet.

Fruitarians tend to at least be focused on eating primarily fresh whole fruit in it's ripened and natural state. :D

LuVegan15
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:48 AM
After reading nearly all of this thread, I think I'm going to go fruitarian. But first I'm going raw vegan from July 1st until September 1st - after that I'll go fruitarian.

JC
Jun 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM
drinks no water

How can he not drink water? :confused:

And this will probably sound really stupid, but i always thought that a fructarian was someone who ate only fruit and vegetables that hadn't been picked i.e. that had fallen naurally. Is that totally wrong? (and is it fructarian or fruitarian?)

Fuhzy
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Well eating a raw, mostly fruit diet, I could see getting away without drinking water. Most fruits are like 95% water, so you get lots of water each time you eat food!

Zero
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:13 AM
And this will probably sound really stupid, but i always thought that a fructarian was someone who ate only fruit and vegetables that hadn't been picked i.e. that had fallen naurally. Is that totally wrong?

I think thats just a tad impractical to be honest :)

Vegetables don't fall from the plant, only fruit does that, fruitarians eat all or mostly fruit.

Fruit is offered by the plant or tree to spread it's seed, when eating vegetables you are generally essentially eating the plant itself.

Zero
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Well eating a raw, mostly fruit diet, I could see getting away without drinking water. Most fruits are like 95% water, so you get lots of water each time you eat food!

Indeed, fruit contains some of the best water on the planet, distilled, plant filtered water.

JC
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
is the guy making some kind of statement by not drinking water? like, saying it's bad for you or something? :confused:

Zero
Jun 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
is the guy making some kind of statement by not drinking water? like, saying it's bad for you or something? :confused:

No he just finds he doesn't need to, he listens to what his body needs :)

JC
Jun 20th, 2008, 01:31 PM
ooooooh i see. thanks :)

horselesspaul
Jun 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Not really an environmentally practical diet for those of us in the UK.

Zero
Jun 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Not really an environmentally practical diet for those of us in the UK.

Well...... It depends actually there lots of different fruits that can be grown here, just not so much the exotic and high temperature variety of course.

horselesspaul
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
We'd be mostly living on a diet of apples and pears (the only easy grow volume staples).
Not that practical really. Any mass espousal of the diet would cause problems.
I am sure that a fruitarian diet works well in Australia, for instance, since my bro-in-law is one. He grows all his own food. He has about 30 different fruits all year round.

Zero
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I disagree, you wouldn't have to live on apples and pears, I don't.

You could do it if you wanted to though, there are mass amounts of berries, and various other fruit like figs and a plethora of other fruit trees like peach and apricot for example that are suitable to the UK, you can grow melons here too in the summer.

Fruit that I can't get here in the UK I get from as close as possible, spain, france etc.

Is your current diet 100% grown here in the UK?

horselesspaul
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I disagree, you wouldn't have to live on apples and pears, I don't.

You could do it if you wanted to though, there are mass amounts of berries, and various other fruit like figs and a plethora of other fruit trees like peach and apricot for example that are suitable to the UK.

Fruit that I can't get here in the UK I get from as close as possible, spain, france etc.

Is your current diet 100% grown here in the UK?
I'm talking about practicality for the masses.
Have you tried growing peaches and apricots? Figs? Really hard. Especially to get them to fruit in any abundance.

Fwiw I do not eat imported fruit and vegetables.