Jul 4th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Very sweet and natural!

1.5 cups dried apricots (about 40)
1 Tbsp water
juice of 1 medium orange
Grated peel of 1 medium orange
1/2 cup flake coconut
2/3 cup flake coconut, for coating

Measure apricots and water into casserole dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes until moist and plump. Put the apricot mixture and orange juice into a blender. Blend, stopping the blender and stirring every few seconds, until the apricots are very finally chopped. Pour mixture into a medium bowl.

Mix in the orange peel and first amount of coconut. Divide the mixture in half. Roll into two 6-inch (15 cm) logs.

Place the second amount of coconut on waxed paper. Roll the logs in coconut until well coated. Cover each log with plastic wrap. Chill about 3 hours. Cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces.

Variation: shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in the coconut and chill.

Mystic
Jul 4th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Why did you have to post this when I can't have dried fruit for two weeks??? :D

Yoggy
Jul 5th, 2005, 12:58 AM
LOL my bad!

But why can't you have any dried fruit for so long?

Mystic
Jul 5th, 2005, 03:40 AM
I have hypoglycemia and lately it has been out of control, and I have been craving sugar really badly. So I have to not have any concentrated forms of sugar, any sweet fruit or any refined food (especially white flour) for two weeks, to get my blood sugar under control. Then I can reintroduce these foods in moderation.

cedarblue
Jul 5th, 2005, 07:49 AM
mmmm, these sound great yoggy, thanks :)

will try these at the weekend - got any more raw-ish sweet treat ideas?

where do you live on the island btw? i have relatives nr nanaimo.

Mystic
Jul 5th, 2005, 07:52 AM
mmmm, these sound great yoggy, thanks :)

will try these at the weekend - got any more raw-ish sweet treat ideas?

Look (http://www.healthychefalex.com/recipes/coconutdaterolls.htm) cedar! You can also buy these, but they are not cheap. They are my sweet tooth saviour!!!!

Wildflower
Jul 5th, 2005, 08:47 AM
OMG - those recipes look soooo good. I just love apricots, they are my fav dried fruit. Great for the skin too, when I was in high school I would eat a handful and the next day my skin would be clear and glowing. All the vitamin A.

Dates are great too, but sometimes they get a bit sweet. I guess they are my second favorite!