PDA

View Full Version : Pot Pie Recipe?

Wildflower
Jul 6th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Pot pie recipe anyone?

I know it's summer, but I just love them. Something with tofu and whole wheat crust would be great - simillar to Amy's brand here in the US - only I could make it myself to be cheaper and family sized. I did a search, but didn't see any recipes on here.

tasha
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:14 AM
I have a yummy recipe for filling, unfortunatly, I'm lazy so I usually buy my pie crusts pre-made, but I'll look through my hubby's pastry book to see if there are any good whole wheat pie crusts. Anyhow, try this filling if you get the chance!

Filling:

2 1/2c Vegetable broth
3c Diced potatoes
1c Finely chopped carrot
1/2c Chopped onion
1c Frozen or fresh green peas and corn
1/2c Chopped mushrooms
1/4c Flour
1/4ts Pepper
1/2c plain Soy milk
1 pk Extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
Pinch of salt
Any other seasonings you like!

In a large saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, cover and cook 5 minutes. Add carrots, and onions. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Add peas, corn and mushrooms. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until tender.

Combine flour and pepper. Add soy milk and beat together well. Gradually add to vegetable mixture, stirring well. Over medium-high heat, stir constantly for about 3 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, stir in tofu, and salt and any other seasoning to taste.

Pour filling into pie crust and pop in the oven.

Wildflower
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:34 AM
That sound wonderful - thank you!

Oh, is there a temperature for the oven?

tasha
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:04 PM
That sound wonderful - thank you!

Oh, is there a temperature for the oven?

Oh, yes--oops!

375*F for about 45 mins.

Roxy
Jul 6th, 2005, 09:14 PM
This (http://www.veggievisitors.com/recipes.asp) recipie is VERY tasty! I had trouble finding vegan puff pastry so rolled the filling in vegan filo pastry instead. Mmmmmmm!! :D

Mystic
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Mmmm now I feel like pie. I will have to go and buy mushroom & tofu pie (sorry I am too lazy to make pie myself - you guys are sooooo good :D )

Roxy
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Okay Okay - I have pie craving now too.........BUT I AM GOING TO RESTRAIN MYSELF!! :D