PDA

View Full Version : A mini-note about language on the forum

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Tombstone
Jul 17th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Dear vwee-ga-bwins,
I just got this post from one of our members:

There is a built in function in the board software the replaces some words with asterisks.

I've heard that some search engines looks at the content of a site, and if it finds that the site contains a lot of words like ****, **** and **** :), the site will never make it to the top of the search result list.

Okay cool. So to clarify, I can say whatever words I want, but some of them will automatically get censored? I don't need to watch my language at all? I am not asking this so that I can be abusive towards people, I just want to use everyday language and feel relaxed.

l337_v3g4n_1
Jul 17th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Okay cool. So to clarify, I can say whatever words I want, but some of them will automatically get censored? I don't need to watch my language at all? I am not asking this so that I can be abusive towards people, I just want to use everyday language and feel relaxed.
hear hear!

Wildflower
Jul 17th, 2005, 02:19 AM
That sounds like a perfect use of the word Wildflower! And there you have the exact point of having swear words as swear words and not just regular words - for shock value and poetic justice so to speak.

:D I enjoyed it!

Stu
Jul 17th, 2005, 11:17 AM
We make up names in our house too... :D One of late is "wank-pot"
Nice work Wildflower! I shall henceforth be applying that word, as and when an appropriate situation arises.

Mozbee
Jul 17th, 2005, 03:29 PM
What about that word that we all seem to use frequently on here that's a bit of a 'smear' word, although through our eyes could be seen as a swear word!

;) Omni :eek:

Mozbee
Jul 17th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I say butt and bum.
Bottom is also pretty polite here. Teachers tell children to sit on their bottoms. It's just wrong though. Your feet are your bottom, and if we're just talking torso, then why aren't your shoulders your top?

The other thing about teachers is they pretend farts don't occur!

Even the young ones are like that - weird eh! Adults not being able to admit to natural bodily functions, how sad.

& ofcourse to them fart is a swear word! :p

Tofu Monster
Jul 17th, 2005, 03:54 PM
f*cking h*ll korn! i th*nk y*u're sl*ightly ov*rdo*ing it w*th th* c*nsorsh*p n*w!

tails4wagging
Jul 17th, 2005, 05:24 PM
f*cking h*ll korn! i th*nk y*u're sl*ightly ov*rdo*ing it w*th th* c*nsorsh*p n*w!

Language timothy!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mozbee
Jul 17th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Maybe Korn can't type the response to that one Tails !

Mozbee
Jul 17th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Oh Korn, I'm s*rry ;)

l337_v3g4n_1
Jul 17th, 2005, 07:30 PM
l*l!
h*h, c*ns*rsh*p *s *nn***ng!

Evilfluffbunny
Jul 17th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I'm pretty sure (not 100% though and too lazy to look it up) that the 'C' word is Old English or something and was used as an ordinary descriptive word, not as a swear or insult.

I found it used in an old (or pseudo-old) charm for helping heavy menstrual flow:

"Lady of Blessings, bring her peace,
bring calm and strength to all her ways.
Cleanse her mind of shame and pain,
still the flowing c*** of blood."

Pillock (although not that offensive) was apparently a 16th Century term for a penis.

I'm full of useless information today. :)

puffin
Jul 17th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Oh Korn, I'm s*rry ;)
Cheap joke but i like it ;)

Korn
Jul 17th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Pl**e sh*t **, ********* you'll **** **** **** *** k*rma, *** **** *e*** *v** see ***** chi**s ** skat****rds e*er a***n!

l337_v3g4n_1
Jul 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM
l*l K*r*

l337_v3g4n_1
Jul 17th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Pl**e sh*t **, ********* you'll **** **** **** *** k*rma, *** **** *e*** *v** see ***** chi**s ** skat****rds e*er a***n!
please translate?

Wildflower
Jul 17th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Nice work Wildflower! I shall henceforth be applying that word, as and when an appropriate situation arises.

Best when applied 3 times daily - with or without food! :D

pixeequeen
Jul 17th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Tha swear words have all gone to yous'es heeed's! you haas all gun kerazee! Though I like the pretty stars, they may make no sense at all but they do make the thread look darn pretty!

Mozbee
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:24 PM
What happens if you want to type in how someone with a speech impediment pronounces the animal 'duck' and thuck is simply not hitting the spot! :D

Stu
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Phuck?

Zool
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
or Fuhk.

Mozbee
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Stu you've cracked it then if you want to tell all on the vegan forum about how you told a meatseller to "**** Off!" but it won't let you try typing "Phuck Off!" instead ;)

Stu
Jul 19th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I like it! I shall henceforth be adopting this approach.

I also like "Fook".

Tofu Monster
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:22 PM
i'm posh so i say 'Fark Orf'.

puffin
Jul 19th, 2005, 11:12 PM
i'm posh so i say 'Fark Orf'.
I have never heard a posh person say that, they would say "would you please depart from my company as you making me a triffle angry" ummm maybe i dont know enough posh people to comment so i will shut up :eek: ;)