PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for the first time today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Redveg993
May 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
For my lunch I had garlic and coriander naan bread (vegan of course!) topped with "Pure" non-dairy spread and caramelised onion houmous (mmmm...). This was my first time for this. I also had winter vegetable soup (although its a hot day) with nutritional yeast topping and half a tin of sliced peaches.

I discarded the grapes I bought from Sainsbury's, they were really naff although they say "we care about the quality of our fruit and vegetables". Oh, well something else to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Knottykc
May 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM
red bananas!!!

ellaminnowpea
May 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Yesterday i ate vegan icecream for the first time!! It was almond chocolate fudge soy icecream. I shared a cup with my mom and she loved it too! She was so surprised it was my first time eating vegan icecream.

squigaletta
May 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM
yay i finally tried nutritional yeast, tasty!

squigaletta
May 14th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I am trying quinoa for the first time tomorrow!

ellaminnowpea
May 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM
ooooo awesome! i love quinoa! I always cook it with low salt veggie stock + water (1:1 mix) and add garlic powder while its cooking. Just remember to rinse it, first! It's yummo with black beans, too!

bryzee86
May 14th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Quinoa is da bomb, yo.

pavotrouge
May 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I forgot to tell you... I tried Swiss vegan cheese (called "no-muh chäs"-"no-moo-cheese" ^^) for the first time on Tuesday. It was really good and amazingly cheesy, almost too cheesy for my taste (I never liked dairy cheese).

However, this leads to the conclusion that, no matter how much of an Anglophile I am, German and Swiss cheese substitutes rock.

jamboxrock
May 16th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Leeks! I've always wanted to try them as I was sure I'd like them, but just never did. Then tonight we went out for dinner and I gave the chef license, and he made potatoes with leeks. Now I am going to put them in everything.

It's funny, I've been reading this thread and didn't think I could ever contribute because I feel like I've at least tried almost everything. I was wrong. I'll look for more new stuff to try.

Like German vegan Swiss Cheese. Sounds awesome, Steffi!

Roxy
May 16th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Yesterday i ate vegan icecream for the first time!! It was almond chocolate fudge soy icecream. I shared a cup with my mom and she loved it too! She was so surprised it was my first time eating vegan icecream.

*drool* that sounds like a yummy flavour! You've put me in the mood for some soy icecream now :)

bryzee86
May 16th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Leeks!

you crazy fool! how could you go so long not having had leeks?! :eek:

sinarei
May 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Dry roasted wasabi edamame! They were larger and lighter than regular soy nuts (and still green), with a touch of wasabi that was not too overpowering. I tossed a handful on top of a salad. Yum!

ellaminnowpea
May 17th, 2008, 04:32 AM
twisted tea. its a mixture of half iced tea and half lemonade; somehow it has some alcohol in there, too.
such a perfect drink and soooo good!

Tigerlily
May 17th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Sounds good. Did you buy it at the liquor store? Or where?

ellaminnowpea
May 17th, 2008, 05:30 AM
We bought it last night, but I was pretty wasted so I have no idea where I got it! I'd guess the laws are different in Canada for alcohol sales. In my state, it's not legal to sell alcohol in any regular store except restaurants and liquor/ beer stores. But it varies from state to state. Can you buy alcohol in grocery stores in Canada?

jamboxrock
May 28th, 2008, 04:12 AM
you crazy fool! how could you go so long not having had leeks?! :eek:

I know! Today for the first time I had millet. With leeks. I like millet, will probably eat it pretty often. I know it's still supposed to be a little crunchy when cooked, but I think next time I'll add more liquid and cook a bit longer. I cooked mine with olive oil and chicken broth powder, then added sauteed leeks, parsley and lemon zest at the end. Very nice.

emmapresley
May 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
i got some organica white chocolate after all the fuss that this stuff gets folk going on a love hate type thing.

it's alright.
for almost 3 quid a bar though..:surprised_ani:
though it tasted ok..it's got an aftertaste like when your mouth goes watery just before you're gonna chuck up. too sweet..cos of the rice stuff maybe??

Mr Flibble
May 28th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure it's the rice's fault; it's the overpriced violently vanilla flavoured sugary fat IMHO.

DiaShel
May 30th, 2008, 03:36 AM
A vegan muffin. I just moved where there is vegan deli/bakery. I'd never had any vegan baked good before. Let me just say... YUM!

squigaletta
Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
nakd cereal bars and sheese garlic and herb cream sheese, not together. it was the vegan fayre this weekend but i had a tonne of revision so couldn't go, but my omi friend went for me and bought me a veritable feast of vegan goodies!

DancingWillow
Jun 20th, 2008, 10:29 AM
i know a couple of people who are pretty obsessed with durian, and they let me taste it. it's a thai fruit of some sort. the texture was really gross, but the fruit tasted ok. i can't say that i liked it though.

indianvegan
Jun 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Packed green coconut water. Usually(always), I drink fresh.

Ames
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
mixed beans in chilli sauce :) usually I never like the thought of beans, but I had some so thought I'd better use em - and they were LOVELY!

Linxie
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Okra that wasn't chewy and that I actually enjoyed :)

tofuandpotatoes
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
vegan blueberry pie i made. came out a bit watery, but overall it was pretty good. :) all organic :)