PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for the first time today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

patientia
Jan 18th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Cooked amaranth (i have eaten puffed amaranth before). It's so hard to wash, too small for any sieve...

vintagenarcissa
Jan 25th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Well the first time was actually yesterday but I had some today as well.

I baked vegan brownies using Ghirardeli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix and applesauce as an egg substitute. I lined by baking pan with Earth Balance buttery spread and that's the first time I had that too.

I also tried this pesto pasta recipe for the first time that I found on a vegan website. I almost died it was so good!

And tomorrow I am planning on having for breakfast a bagel with Tofutti better than cream cheese :smile:

Snuskhummer
Jan 30th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I eat dosas today. Since i'm not a really big fan of curry, I just filled them with homemade hummus. It was very good, actually.

patientia
Mar 1st, 2010, 10:57 AM
Daikon

shiny2008
Mar 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM
After celebrated Lantern Festival last night, I ate small dumpling balls made of glutinous rice flour. We call these balls Yuanxiao or Tangyuan.

patientia
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:18 AM
Jerusalem artichokes. I didn't like the taste and they made my stomach hurt.

pavotrouge
Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
a lot of people can't digest them well. I've grown used to call then 'farty spuds' by now. I like them added to mashed potatoes, as in 25% chokes instead of potatoes :) should be ok for anybody like that.

patientia
Mar 25th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Thx, but I don't think I'll eat it again soon :)

patientia
Apr 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Rutabaga

kikifromscotland
Apr 18th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Tacos. Yum!

kikifromscotland
Apr 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Vegan quiche

Risker
May 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Mangosteen

Not bad but really not worth the £1 Tesco's are charging

Risker
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
Karela - The most bitter thing I have ever tasted, revolting.

powerlifer
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM
i ate some thai vegan spring rolls, not sure of the make its prepackaged from the health food store.

RubyDuby
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
yesterday i had almond encrusted tempeh.

Sarabi
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Yesterday I had SO Delicious vanilla ice cream. It was okay. My housemate and her boyfriend liked it, fortunately. I was wishing they had gotten chocolate because it wasn't doing it for me... like SO Delicious yoghurt much better.

Manzana
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
I had durian a couple of days ago...

Weird! :) but very tasty... best way to describe is a mix between an avocado and a mango... with a slight hint of onion at the end!

RubyDuby
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
I really want to try durian! They have them sometimes at the Asian market. Is there a trick to eating one? Do you just cut it open and eat it?
Yesterday I had SO Delicious vanilla ice cream. It was okay. My housemate and her boyfriend liked it, fortunately. I was wishing they had gotten chocolate because it wasn't doing it for me... like SO Delicious yoghurt much better.
I'm not a fan of So Delicious, but the Purely Decedant is delicious. Is that available to you?

Risker
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I really want to try Durian too, where did you get it Manzana?

BlackCats
Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:59 PM
I had durian a couple of days ago...
Weird! :) but very tasty... best way to describe is a mix between an avocado and a mango... with a slight hint of onion at the end!

That is such an odd description.:p I can't imagine that combination of flavours.

harpy
Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Durian does sound weird. People say it has a terrible pong, and yet it tastes nice - how can that be?

We had vegan currywurst at the weekend, when we were visiting Munich. It was very interesting - not sure I'd want to make a habit of it though!

Manzana
Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:49 PM
It absolutely stank from the outside!!! haha but once opened, it smelled fine! I have no idea how!

Some couch surfers got it for me from China town market in London (I think)...

Ruby, maybe there is a trick.... I just went for the cut it open and see what's inside approach! it has some protective flesh and then some yellow flesh that feels a bit like avocado... that's the bit you eat. It also has some incredible and very big seeds in the avocado looking flesh. I liked it although i have to admit it was very strange! :)

pavotrouge
Jun 6th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I love Durian everything! You gotta try Durian ice cream :)

VeganVicky
Jun 7th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I created and ate a Mediterranean pie :)

Manzana
Jun 7th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I love Durian everything! You gotta try Durian ice cream :)

Sounds awesome! :) it is funny because I liked it but Mr Manzano was not too keen!!!:D