PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for the first time today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22

Back-Space
Jun 21st, 2010, 02:09 AM
I just made myself a stir fry, and wow.... Just the rice, some vegetables(first time eating broccoli ;) ) and soy sauce. Amazing :)

MoonDance
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I had quinoa for breakfast instead of porridge this morning. It was really yum! Different, but yum. :D

DiaShel
Jun 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
^ do you mean like quinoa flakes? Or actual quinoa?

MoonDance
Jun 30th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Quinoa flakes. I've never had actual quinoa. :o

patientia
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:59 PM
A few days ago I ate gooseberries for the first time.

DiaShel
Jun 30th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Quinoa flakes. I've never had actual quinoa. :o

Ohhh do it! not for breakfast though.

MoonDance
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:37 AM
I will! They sell it up at the shops near my house, and I'm dying to try it now! :D

Sarah_
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:27 AM
I just made myself a stir fry, and wow.... Just the rice, some vegetables(first time eating broccoli ;) ) and soy sauce. Amazing :)
You've never eaten broccoli????

Barry
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
You've never eaten broccoli????

That made my head spin a bit as well!

I ate mung bean burgers today for the first time. They were bloody nice, although next time I think I'll replace the curry powder with paprika and chili.

Glen Lambert
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
I ate some garlic and herb vegan cheese from Holland and Barrett. A bit bland and definitely not as good as the nacho flavoured version. 6/10

Barry
Jul 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I had jerk tofu with rice and pea today. Absolutely lovely, never had proper jerk or rice and pea before. It was bloody hot though!

fondducoeur
Jul 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I had a mango-nectarine (apparently of no relation to the mango). It was quite juicy and nice.

Lainy
Aug 6th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Bonvita Vegan Rice Milk White Chocolate Bar... it's delicious!

Pob
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Yesterday I tried the soy free Cheezly. Had lumps of it in quiche and it melted really nicely. Tastes about the same as the usual soy-based stuff, but looked really good all melted and golden.

Hemlock
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Raw almond milk which I made yesterday, eaten with raw cereal.

cedarblue
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Raw almond milk which I made yesterday, eaten with raw cereal.

mmmm i love making my own raw almond milk - did you sieve it? i don't bother, i like the gritty bits of almond in my cereal.

are you back getting more raw then, hemlock?

Hemlock
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
mmmm i love making my own raw almond milk - did you sieve it? i don't bother, i like the gritty bits of almond in my cereal.

are you back getting more raw then, hemlock?

Hi Cedar Blue :)
I drained it through an old pillow case overnight because I didn't want all the bits. The pulp is going to make the "pastry" for a raw vegan cheesecake.
Me and Corum are going raw together this time properly, we've bought books and we're seeing a raw vegan nutritionist to do it properly. Last time I tried it it was a bit half hearted but we've decided this is what we want to do.
I had such awful symptoms from the menopause and my arthritis got really bad so we decided it was either a raw food diet or meds.

Back-Space
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I went on this local classifieds site for our city and just typed in "Vegan". It brought up this vegan bakery that I went to after work today. I just ate a cookie for the first time in like 3 months :D They've got so many treats in there, I was so happy looking around. I got some chocolate chip banana bread, and 12 chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately it came to just under $15, but I figure a treat once or twice a month wouldn't hurt :p

Pob
Aug 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Barry Norman's pickled onions.

Blueberry
Aug 14th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Punjabi Wadis. I didn't cook them right though so it wasn't pleasant!

fondducoeur
Aug 14th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Lucky you to have a vegan bakery nearby! That all sounds delish!

Tigerlily
Aug 15th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I tried Galaxy's brand vegan soy topping (imitation grated, processed, Parmesan cheese). I tried it on some cheeseless vegan pizza. It was good. Regular processed Parmesan cheese, like the Kraft one, makes me sick. It smells like vomit. I was happy that the kind I tried had a nice taste but it didn't taste like the "real thing".

RubyDuby
Aug 15th, 2010, 04:13 PM
vegan mozzarella sticks!!

...or at least I'm going to! New Restaurant! (http://www.owlhouserochester.com/)

fondducoeur
Aug 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Plantains! I fried them in margarine with some brown sugar, and then were so good!

Hemlock
Aug 16th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Sea kale picked fresh from the beach this evening. We ate some raw like cabbage and the rest is going into our morning green smoothie.