PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for the first time today?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

foxytina_69
Sep 19th, 2005, 07:16 AM
mmm i love to make homemade bread (mines rice bread though) and roxy, i admit it, im a fry fiend!!! had them all weekend!

i tried chili fries for the first time on friday. holy crap they were goooooooood.

yoggy, my mom was obsessed with purdys :D thats great to know their dark chocolate is vegan. too bad their icecream section isnt LOL. (their icecream is really good)

sourdough bread is FANTASTIC. was always my favorite. but i cant eat bread.

potatohead
Sep 20th, 2005, 04:53 AM
yeah! my cousin gave me a recipe and it was reeeaaalll good.(so I think...) slices of extra firm tofu, then brush some BBQ sauce and bake for 45 minutes on 350 degrees....yummy. what a snack!:)

ConsciousCuisine
Sep 20th, 2005, 06:32 AM
i tried chili fries for the first time on friday. holy crap they were goooooooood.

Did they look anything like this :D MMMM! ;) This treat made my Daughter and The Giant very happy!

screamingcarrot
Sep 20th, 2005, 10:20 AM
this morning i had peanut butter and grape jam (jelly in usa) on wholemeal toast. it was good :) .

soylatte_au
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
CC, they look fabulous!

I had a berry smoothie this morning, made with Vitasoy's berry Lush. Blech! I think I'll stick to the plain one in future.

foxytina_69
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
cc, mine looked a little different. :) the plate was massive and instead of cheese on top there was sour cream, 'bacon' bits and chives. i really wanted to take a picture it was lovely!

equality
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Chocolate breakfast cereals with soy milk, yummm.

ConsciousCuisine
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
the plate was massive and instead of cheese on top there was sour cream, 'bacon' bits and chives. i really wanted to take a picture it was lovely!

Okay, you just described what will be our next "junk food" dinner :D thanks, Foxy ;) ( I just bought a POUND of Frontier Organic "Bacon" Bits)

Tigerlily
Sep 20th, 2005, 06:55 PM
The other day I discovered President's Choice (available only in Canada, methinks) vegetarian patties, 9-Vegetable Patties (warning: their lentil burgers have yougurt!). It was soo good. I'm having them again tonight.

I hate the taste of soy burgers which taste too much like the real thing. Since I live in a house of meat eaters, I am always paranoid I am eating "real thing" when I have stuff like Boca Burgers.

Wildflower
Sep 21st, 2005, 02:14 AM
We have President's Choice here in the states. they are usually sold at Jewel grocery stores here in the midwest which I think is albertson's out west. They have great stuff!

Happy Cow, I will find that recipe and PM you and post it in the recipe section.

Yesterday I tried Rising Moon Organics vegan ravioli. They are on sale this month at my co-op. I bought the Creamy Artichoke & Kalmata Olive and the Mediterranean Garlic & Herb Ravioli. I had the Mediterranean Garlic & Herb Ravioli last night - it had a soy ricotta in it and tasted like curry. I ate it tossed with olive oil and some black olives. It was different...but good. I love curry, but it was kinda weird with the pasta.

http://www.risingmoon.com/products.html (not all products are vegan)

ConsciousCuisine
Sep 21st, 2005, 02:23 AM
Yesterday I tried Rising Moon Organics vegan ravioli. They are on sale this month at my co-op. I bought the Creamy Artichoke & Kalmata Olive and the Mediterranean Garlic & Herb Ravioli. I had the Mediterranean Garlic & Herb Ravioli last night - it had a soy ricotta in it and tasted like curry. I ate it tossed with olive oil and some black olives. It was different...but good. I love curry, but it was kinda weird with the pasta.

http://www.risingmoon.com/products.html (not all products are vegan)

My family likes the Artichoke and Kalamata Olive one best of all (I make a "white sauce" for it with artichoke hearts, roasted garlic and add whole kalamata olives for a very rich meal) . I agree that the Garlic and Herb one is ...different. ;)

tipsy
Sep 21st, 2005, 02:29 AM
yesterday my "vegetarian" roommate cooked vegan for me!!!

first time for everything...

ive not been feeling well and i came home to a lovely vegan meal....thats why my roommate is great... :D :D :D

DianeVegan
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:05 AM
I tried the Broccoli and Rice Casserole from randomgirl.com tonight. My husband loved it. It reminded me of those casseroles from my childhood which had cans of condensed, cream of whatever in them.

eve
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:01 AM
What I ate for the first time today was a Russian garlic. The cloves are quite huge, but I love garlic so I cut one up into very small pieces, and sprinkled them over a slice of toast and homas. The garlic almost burnt my tongue, :p but how delicious! I bought the Russian garlic at a 'flea market'.

potatohead
Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
my cousin whom i work with baked her own tofu and brought it in for me to try. Let me just say YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! She is an excellent cook to begin with, but really nailed it !!:) :) :) ;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

screamingcarrot
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:32 AM
yesterday i had my first lara bar...id ordered a few from the USA since we dont have em here.

it was good. and they gave me a free pack of jellyish sweets too (vegan of course) called sharkies, which my bf helped me to polish off!

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:52 AM
today i had oat flakes, which were pretty bland but nice and crunchy.

I also had avacado spread/dip stuff. which tasted avacadoey and cream cheesey;) yummy

screamingcarrot
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:45 AM
i had the chocolate coconut lara bar yesterday...i know its meant to be all pure and stuff but i think it needed a dash of sugar!!

Mystic
Oct 7th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Yuk I hated that one. I only like the ginger snap, cherry pie and cashew cookie. I hated the others.

screamingcarrot
Oct 7th, 2005, 10:28 AM
i havent had the cherry one yet..ive ordered all flavours so ill work my way through em and see which one is best. maybe we should have a best lara bar flavor poll?!

strawberry
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I love the ginger snap one and the banana cookie the best! I still have to try the cashew cookie...I love them though....drooool :D

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM
i havent had the cherry one yet..ive ordered all flavours so ill work my way through em and see which one is best. maybe we should have a best lara bar flavor poll?!

Cherry Pie is my favorite! I agree, we should have a poll!

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 7th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Cherry Pie is my favorite! I agree, we should have a poll!

I want a Lara Bar!! = (
peanut butter style mmmmmmmmmmm

Wishin986
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I want a Lara Bar!! = (
peanut butter style mmmmmmmmmmm

they dont have any peanut butter ones, yet :p although im sure that would be a fav. of mine.

currently my favs are banana cookie and cherry pie. i usually just switch between the two for breakfast :o

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
they dont have any peanut butter ones, yet :p although im sure that would be a fav. of mine.

currently my favs are banana cookie and cherry pie. i usually just switch between the two for breakfast :o

hehe oh woops i may have been referring to LUNA bars by accident:o they have a peanut butter flavour, according to the website. Im going to go on the LARA bar website now;)
Yummy, i love banana....and cookies:p