PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for the first time today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Roxy
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Stuff a date with semi sweet chocolate chips and melt for 5 seconds. TO DIE FOR!

Mmmm - yummy. I will have a look in my pantry and see if I have any leftover choc chips. I think I might only have carob though. I wonder if that would work.

moochbabe
Oct 17th, 2005, 05:29 AM
today i made a "cheesy cream" sauce that i made a casserole out of, it was really tasty!! i got the recipe from Vegan Planet, and it was to die for!

Tigerlily
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:03 AM
Vanilla cinnamon coffee!

tipsy
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:08 AM
(my own) homemade wild mushroom soup....

yummm! :D

moochbabe
Oct 21st, 2005, 05:44 AM
those both sound delish! i tried cream of brown rice cereal, and a caramel applecobbler clif (SO GOOD)

Peas'nHominy
Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Oooo, I'm drooling! :D

Today I tried some spicey eggplant with garlic and jalapenos, homemade from a friend, on some of my homemade whole wheat crackers. Yum.

xwitchymagicx
Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:44 PM
Spanish chick pea thing. Yucksome I don't like chick peas I found out. :eek:

Lindsay
Oct 23rd, 2005, 04:19 AM
I made samosa-like dumplings for the first time last week. They were tasty except for a little gooey in the middle.

Yesterday I tried both veggie sushi and tempeh for the first time. Both very yummy! I had Thai ginger tempeh with vegetables in a really tasty sauce.

moochbabe
Oct 23rd, 2005, 04:29 AM
YUM!

Roxy
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:13 AM
I had a cup of Honeybush Rooibos tea for the first time today. OMG - this is sooooo good! I don't know if I'll ever drink any other tea. (Well maybe I'll try the other types of Rooibos but that might be it). This stuff is heaven in a cup. :)

moochbabe
Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
roxy, i dunno if they have trader joes in canada, but they have an organic african rooibos that's to DIE FOR!! lol, well maybe not die, but it's really good!

Roxy
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:07 AM
The brand I bought is Nu-Tea (http://www.nu-tea.com/).

I'm having another cup tonight and it is sooooo soothingly GOOD!!!

Today I tried organic corn pops (Gorilla Munch). They are good too!

moochbabe
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:58 PM
oo, i saw those in the store and thought about buying them but bought some puffins cereal instead cuz i know i like that kind...i'll just have to eat more cereal so i can buy some more cereal! (i already have like 3 boxes open already :o )

Roxy
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:44 AM
LOL - I do things like that too! I used to do it with cereal but these days I mostly do it with crackers and cookies :D

moochbabe
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:08 AM
lol Roxy! i was doing that with some cookies i had bought, i got tired of them and wanted a new kind so i started eating them as my nightly snack for days on end, but then i got tired of them and turned my attention on something else. lol, i guess it's cuz i never want things to go to waste :D

tipsy
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:04 AM
i marinaded some of my good tofu in a strawberry sauce i made...
to the strawberry sauce i added : onion, garlic, fresh ground black pepper, and tofu (duh) and i added some pasta today and ate it and yum... :p

i think ill eat the rest on a salad tommorow :D

moochbabe
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:07 AM
YUUUUUUUUUUM!! lol, i made a homemade lentil burger today from my head, it was curry, lentils, some hot sauce, brown rice, and some bread crumbs, and some cashews, it was pretty yummy!

screamingcarrot
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:48 AM
i ate a pomegranate for breakfast today..it was weird but nice.
i also bought some 100% fruit no sugar added dried apple 'chips' from tesco..actually they were just like dried but kind of crispy fruit but nice all the same.

foxytina_69
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:51 AM
i love apple chips! i used to eat them when i was little.

Roxy
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:21 PM
i love apple chips! i used to eat them when i was little.

I haven't had them for ages!!

Artichoke47
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Spaghetti squash! I made it myself and sort of marinated it when it was done and also made a garlic carrot tomato sauce with walnuts.

xwitchymagicx
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Whats apple chips? :confused: Actually apples.

moochbabe
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM
omg, I love spaghetti squah, the first time i ever had it it was like steamed, SOOOO yummy. i used to chow down on apple chips all the time, like my mom would get all different flavors, and YUM, althogh the sweetened ones always made me a little sick cuz they were overly-sweet. witchy, apple chips are thinly sliced apples that are fried like potato chips, at least that's what they r here in the states...

xwitchymagicx
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Oh cool never had them...sounds like something of "You are what you eat".

Savannah
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I had Vegemite for the first and last time today. I had to spit it out it was so gross. But today I also had a peanut butter and dried apricot sandwich which was lovely.