PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for the first time today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

moochbabe
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:59 AM
i had marmite spread into pita (the key is to not put too much, cuz before i used it i wanted to get a feel for it's taste and tried a little, and discovered it's extremely salty) today (with other sandwich fillings) and it was soooo good!

Roxy
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:54 AM
I had Vegemite for the first and last time today. I had to spit it out it was so gross. But today I also had a peanut butter and dried apricot sandwich which was lovely.

I'm sorry you disliked the vegemite so much. It's one of my favourites :D

Today I made a Moroccan couscous dish for the first time and it was yummy (wholewheat couscous, paprika, cayene, chickpeas, zucchini, golden raisins, dates, cashews, garlic) Yum! Got tons leftover for tomorrow night too.

Yoggy
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Freshly juiced apple juice. It was one of the best freaking things I've ever had in my life!!! I hate when off-the-shelf cartons have citric acid added "for tartness". Without that sour flavour, the juice tastes SO much better!!!

I may have to ask for a juicer for Christmas now, to save the $$ that I'll be spending on juice at the deli!

Yoggy
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I just had a vegan chocolate cupcake that I bought at the same place as the apple juice. It wasn't all that great, it was pretty dry and stale tasting. I'm hoping that it was just stale (maybe they don't sell too many cupcakes there?), because I sure hope that all vegan cakes aren't that dry! My birthday's coming up, and I want to make myself a moist, fluffy cake.

Roxy
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:54 AM
Freshly juiced apple juice. It was one of the best freaking things I've ever had in my life!!! I hate when off-the-shelf cartons have citric acid added "for tartness". Without that sour flavour, the juice tastes SO much better!!!

I may have to ask for a juicer for Christmas now, to save the $$ that I'll be spending on juice at the deli!

I love freshed squeezed apple juice!! I don't get to have it often so it's a real treat when I do :D

foxytina_69
Oct 31st, 2005, 06:11 AM
today i had banana flavoured dessert tofu. it was very yummy :D

moochbabe
Nov 1st, 2005, 03:39 AM
i love fresh juice, i have a "Jack Lalaine Power Juicer," that's pretty good...
yesterday i decided to try the "guts" of the pumkin, u know the stringy stuff? I steamed it and then mixed it with some tahini, and stuffed it into a whole-wheat pita...it was THE best, it was sweet and creamy, and super rich tasting!

Steph
Nov 1st, 2005, 03:52 AM
Not technically the first time I ate, but the first time I MADE and ate miso soup! It was SO good and simple to make, I bought a tub for the first time this weekend of the brown miso paste, and simmered 1 cup of water with some dehydrated seaweed, I added too just a dash of dried ginger and since I had no scallions, I used a few flakes of dehydrated onion. After this gets all nice and hot and simmery, you add 1 teaspoon ( I used a bit more) of miso paste to a bit of water to dissolve, then add this to the "stock". You're supposed to add small cubed tofu to the stock too, but I was too lazy and tired now to cut it up!!
I just had this before bed now, it relaxed me and tasted so yum...

Steph
Nov 1st, 2005, 03:55 AM
I'm sorry you disliked the vegemite so much. It's one of my favourites :D

Today I made a Moroccan couscous dish for the first time and it was yummy (wholewheat couscous, paprika, cayene, chickpeas, zucchini, golden raisins, dates, cashews, garlic) Yum! Got tons leftover for tomorrow night too.

Roxy, this sounds so good, can you please post this recipie in the recipie forum when you get time, I would LOVE to make this....

crazy_4_veg
Nov 1st, 2005, 07:26 PM
I had Mock 'duck' as part of my meal for the first time today. It was really nice. Not amazing but was still yummy http://veganforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif .

foxytina_69
Nov 1st, 2005, 10:09 PM
last night for the first time i had vegan salisbury steak, vegan scalloped potatoes, and a vegan caramel dipped apple.

Yoggy
Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:35 AM
So your scalloped potatoes worked out Foxy?

Today I had a medjool date. It was actually the second time I tried them. The first time I must have picked a bad one and it was horrible, but this time it was WONDERFUL! I simply must pick up some macadamia nut butter to put in the middle

moochbabe
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:12 AM
YUM Foxy! i had grilled mango in rasberry sauce, tofu spring rolls, and cinnamon roasted butternut squash, also i'm gonna have some pumpkin scones i baked for the 1st time!

foxytina_69
Nov 2nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
yes they were delicious. reminded me of how they tasted when i was younger. except i cooked them a little too long and too much sauce cooked out. but mmmmmm.

Yoggy
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I had a GOOD piece of vegan chocolate cake today! It's customer appreciation day at Planet Organic, so they're giving out free vegan chocolate and vanilla cake. I had a piece of chocolate (with tofu icing), and it was SO amazing! It was moister than any non-vegan cake I've ever had. I may have to try and reproduce this cake for my b-day which is coming up!

moochbabe
Nov 5th, 2005, 11:13 PM
i went to a vegan restaurant and had sauteed mint leaves with tofu (plus other things added into the sautee) and a fried spring roll...the fried thing wasn't very healthy, but i haven't had anything like that is i can't remember how long, and it was super yummy! o and there was some yummy sweet peanut dressing on the salad (it was soup, salad, brown rice, the spring roll, and then entree for only 6.95 u.s.!!)

Yoggy
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Chocolate almond milk!!!!!!!!!!

I finally broke down and bought some. I've been afraid to, because it might spoil me and make me unwilling to keep buying the cheaper chocolate soymilk. But I needed a treat LOL, and it's SO awesome! It tastes like the soymilk but with no aftertaste! But I'll still have soy, I guess, and only buy this as a treat.

moochbabe
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:13 AM
lol, i like both kinds...what i wanna try is some oatmilk or something like that...

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:34 AM

moochbabe
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:43 AM
o and it REALLY is, i just LOVE it, lol...i dunno how many times i've posted similar messages to that on here:D

xwitchymagicx
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:45 AM
I've never even SEEN almond milk chocolate or otherwise!! I've had rice milk though not nice.

moochbabe
Nov 6th, 2005, 05:29 AM
i like things like that though, really i like almost anything if it's vegan and not junk (that stuff gives me a headache unless it's a little treat every now and again...) so i'd prolly like rice milk, i was given some interesting recipes for some as well (thanx to this site)

xwitchymagicx
Nov 6th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Junk always gives me a headache. Rice milk just didn't seem to have any flavour in my opinion.

moochbabe
Nov 6th, 2005, 07:03 PM
it could've been the brand...like i've found a distinctive flavor with every kind of soymilk and almond milk i've ever tried...

sugarmouse
Nov 6th, 2005, 07:08 PM
i dont like rice milk either...dont like the gloopy texture!

dont think i had anythin new today, but i do quite often when i cook new things..i jus thro things together n see what happens lol