PDA

View Full Version : From Dog farm to soup Bowl

Kiran
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Yes!!! This is the sorry state of affairs in Korea... Illegal, but yet done in public. Illegal, but still a delicacy. Illegal but yet continues...

In Korea, dog farms are not uncommon. They are caged and then slaughered for their meat. Eventually they end up as soups. Whilst we in the forum think that eating meat of any form and drinking milk is a great offence, in other parts of the world autrocities don't seem have boundaries. Take a look at the plight of these poor animals.....

http://www.koreananimals.org/dogs_p18.htm

There are pictures from 1 to 20.. Pictures are graphic. :mad:

Help them. Please sign the on-line petetion here- it just takes a few seconds,....
http://choimimi.com/zboarde/zboard.php?id=sign

kriz
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
WHAT A HORROR!!! I just signed the petition. Thanks, kiran. :mad:

Kiran
Jul 27th, 2005, 12:38 AM
They do the same with the cats too... heartless people

http://www.koreananimals.org/cats_p3.htm

Kiran
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Come on guys, we need more signs on the petition. Just put your name and country in there and it is done. The more signs we put in, the quicker this evil trade will end.

Let us get as many signs in there as possible. Also forward the link to your friends so they can sign it too. The extract below was taken from the web-site and worth a read if anyone has missed it....

The following is a partial transcript of MBC TV's broadcast on dog meat dealers which aired on October 10, 1993. This segment was part of the evening prime time news which reaches two-thirds of the Korean television audience. Although this segment aired in 1993, there is no evidence that the dog trade has gotten any better. In fact, this illegal trade continues to become larger and more competitive each year.

Reporter: There are more than 30 huge cages here. The customers will be directed to come here to see the dogs, and they themselves will choose the dog they want

Customer: "How much does this dog weight?"
Dog Dealer: About 27-28kun.(36-37 pounds)

When the choice is made and the transaction finished, the dog is slaughtered on the spot: the dog's neck is held and his head is hit with a metal stick. After the concussion, an electric stick is then used to complete the killing. This happens to dogs (in the market) all day long.

The slaughtered dogs are brought to the processing factory by motorcycle.

One couple selects a dog. A rope is put around the dog's neck and he is dragged out of the cage. This time, electrocution is used right away. The dog screams and then becomes stiff. The rope is take off the dog and he is given the electric shock one more time. Then another dog is killed by the same method.

First, the dead animal is put into a hug pot of boiling water. It is a machine for removing fur; all of it is removed by means of the fast whirlpool action in this machine.

When the fur has been removed, the dog is browned by torch. Then, once more, the dog is transported to the shop by the motorcycle.

This is the process used for preparing dog meat.

screamingcarrot
Jul 27th, 2005, 01:03 PM
this is horrendous. ive signed the petition.

SurfNSun
Jul 27th, 2005, 04:34 PM
This is horrendous!! Truly embarrassing that so called "human beings" could do such things. Those people deserve the exact same deaths...beaten with a metal stick, then either thrown in a cauldron of hot water till there skin melts off or just skin them alive. Those people have no heart..

Kumem
Jul 27th, 2005, 04:45 PM
You have to remember that not everyone logs at the same time, with it being international. I'm sure that more people will sign it. :D

Gliondrach
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I've just posted it to another forum which has about 100 people. Most of them seem to have cats and dogs. I think a lot will sign. As I said in the post I made: 'It is unbelievable that humans could do such things. They're not human. Devils, more like'.

englishvegoboi
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:43 PM
These images shocked me greatly. I have signed the petition and have forwarded the information and website to a lot of people. I really hope that the petition helps.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 31st, 2009, 03:45 PM
Ummm why is this in the food section? Can it not go to the animal and animal products section. This is abuse and not really a recipe to follow from home. OMG I nearly fell off my chair! I can't look but have signed the petition. :mad:

Roxy
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I just saw this thread and tried to sign the petition but the links don't work anymore. Thanks for bringing this to our attention though Kiran.

Edit: I just noticed that this thread was started in 2005. It's still sad to see that 4 years later, these atrocities are still committed and probably no less than they were 4 years ago.