PDA

View Full Version : Vegan white chocolate bar

Pages : [1] 2

Mystic
Jul 27th, 2005, 04:26 AM
If any of you have read the How do you feel today thread, you would know that I ate a bar of white chocolate on the weekend, which taught me a lesson - I am vegan forever :)

Anyway, I DID enjoy the experience of munching on a bar of white chocolate, coz I always loved my milkybars and white freddo frogs. So I was prompted to write to the makers of the best vegan chocolate in Australia - Sweet William (http://www.sweetwilliam.com.au/) and request the making of a vegan white chocolate bar:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to the possibility of the production of a dairy-free white chocolate bar. As a vegan, I know that there is a market for it, and I know that it is possible to make as I have located vegan white chocolate chips. Please consider doing this -I know it will be worth your while!

And this is the response I recieved:

Dear Nat
Thanks for your email and enthusiasm for our product. Yes, we do know that a white
chocolate bar would be popular for some people and we would be looking to introduce this in
approximately two years. It takes about two years to get a product into supermarket and in
the meantime we have to increase the sales of our existing lines to convince the
supermarkets to accept another. Every time a new line is introduced another line has to be
taken out. Healthfood stores have similar problems.

We have been very fortunate in that both Coles and Woolworths have just accepted two new
lines of our No Added Sugar chocolate, making 6 lines now available in Coles. We shall also
be introducing a chocolate spread by the end of the year.

To accelerate the introduction of white chocolate we suggest you and your friends eat as
much Sweet William as possible - sales figures determine our ability to get more product on
the shelf.

In the meantime you might like to check out our Chocolate Xmas decorations (see attached).
These will be available in IGA and healthfood stores. We suggest you get in early so as not
to be disappointed.

Nat, thanks again for your support and encouragement.

Best Regards

Carol O'Halloran
Marketing & Sales
Sweet William
(02) 9316 7177

YAAAAAAAAAY! We might have to wait two years, but dammit we are getting a vegan white chocolate bar! Being vegan is becoming more and more fun! Now someone needs to make a decent goddam vegan yoghurt........ :mad:

LittleNellColumbia
Jul 27th, 2005, 05:20 AM
hey Banana, thats great! Even though i Don't personally care much for white chocolate, its good for ppl who do and also just for vegans in general to shown the expantion of veggie products available:)

In the meantime, do you think that maybe melting a big batch of vegan white choc chips into some kind of mould, and then freezing it, would substitute for a chocolate bar? Just a thought......:confused:

FR
Jul 27th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I don't know about where you live, but here in the U.S. we have great vegan yogurt that tastes eons better than cow pus yogurt.

As far as white chocolate, it is insanely easy to make at home. All you do is replace the calf food with yummy soy milk and, "wala", you are well on your way to preparing delicious vegan white chocolate. The benfits to making it a home are, it costs a lot less than buying a single bar or bag of chips, and you can add things like almonds or puffed rice to the mixture. ;)

DianeVegan
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:09 AM
FR, could you be a little more specific - do you have a recipe? For instance, will I need cocoa butter? I have the white chocolate chips from Pangea but would also love to know how to make them.

Thanks!

FR
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I may have posted the recipe here, or on Vegan Represent. I will find it, and link it.

FR
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Yes, there is cocoa butter in it. I'm sure there has to be an alternative if you cannot find any.

Recipe (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=64283&postcount=9)

Kiran
Jul 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anyway, I DID enjoy the experience of munching on a bar of white chocolate, coz I always loved my milkybars and white freddo frogs. So I was prompted to write to the makers of the best vegan chocolate in Australia - Sweet William (http://www.sweetwilliam.com.au/) and request the making of a vegan white chocolate bar:

Hey banana, let me introduce you to my buddy Catsmogg, who you might have probably seen around in this forum.. She too is a chocoholic. She might even consider migrating to Australia just for those "sweet william" chocolates. She is a nice person, but when she is eating chocolates, she won't even realize if the sky falls on her head. Such a dedicated chocoholic. She looks kinda cute when she eats those chocolates though... I must admit.

AbFab
Jul 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Mmm, white chocolate, I used to love that. Milky Bars were amazing. I so hope we get a British version of the vegan alternative, I don't really want to be ordering from Australia all the time. Or I shall have to get myself busy in the kitchen. Thank you for the recipe, FR.

DianeVegan
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the recipe FR!!

insubordination
Apr 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Well this bar's finally out and in big form. Sales will be no problem from my end.

Tangerine Dream
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Well this bar's finally out and in big form. Sales will be no problem from my end.

I bought 2 blocks the other day and they were ate up within 24 hours :P

But I actually think the Rice Milk white chocolate that's been available for a while (forget the brand name) is nicer than SW; it's sweeter although doesn't taste as "milky".

Roxy
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Wait! Is there a vegan milky bar or something else? In Australia? Please do tell, because I'll ask my parents to send me some if there is :D

Tangerine Dream
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:42 PM
http://www.sweetwilliam.com.au/whitedelight08.html

New white choc block :D

Sweet Willy also recently released a kind of peanut choc bar... but with soy nuts instead of peanuts!!

Mr Flibble
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Lets hope the company selling sweet william chocolate in British supermarkets will start selling it too. All we have is manky overpriced organica

bryzee86
Apr 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
wash your mouth out, flibble!

XxsarahxX
Apr 11th, 2008, 12:18 AM
we buy sweet Williams chocolate all the time i love the white and the normal, i like the sweet Williams chocolate better then when i was a non vegan eating dairy milk chocolate. although one bad thing is i always eat too much of it :)

JC
Apr 11th, 2008, 07:40 PM
i've seen the sweet william chocolate spread in tesco (i think it's called humdinger diary free over here, isn't it?) has anyone tried it yet?

maikeru
Apr 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Ahhhh! I had no idea what people were talking about until you mentioned the Dairy Free chocolate spread - I buy that. Never knew it was Australian.

In my independent taste tests I found that one in every one of me likes it! I have it for breakfasts either on crumpets or warm bread.

Michael.

cobweb
Apr 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
i don't like humdingers stuff but my son goes mad for the tangerine bars and the buttons (when we can find them! :rolleyes:).

that SW white choc looks delicious - i detest the white organica stuff, no-one in my house will eat it :o.

Huddy
Apr 12th, 2008, 03:19 AM
we buy sweet Williams chocolate all the time i love the white and the normal, i like the sweet Williams chocolate better then when i was a non vegan eating dairy milk chocolate. although one bad thing is i always eat too much of it :)
Same here! heehee:D LOVE the white chocolate! yummy yummy

XxsarahxX
Apr 14th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Same here! heehee:D LOVE the white chocolate! yummy yummy

we are awesome.

me and my partner at nearly a whole block of it last night in bed first time ive alowed eating in bed haha:)

veggiemaya
Apr 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
ok, so i work with someone who is from Australia and some friends of his are coming to the states in a week for his wedding. i asked if they might pick me up a few bars of the sweet william white chocolate. does anyone happen to know where you can pick these up? is it hard to find?

XxsarahxX
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
we get ours from coles or woolworths in the healthfood section

Tangerine Dream
Apr 15th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Veggiemaya: Safeway has them, but you may want to ask your friend to contact the distributor for some other places also, as my local Safeway is almost always sold out :( A lot of organic/health-food shops stock it, too.

veggiemaya
Apr 15th, 2008, 02:30 AM
thanks, Tangerine! I will let him know. keepin my fingers crossed!! :)