PDA

View Full Version : help me - im addicted

ladyaprille
Jul 27th, 2005, 08:42 PM
hiya- well basically having had food issues in the past where i was so obsessive, i was recently thrilled i had forgotten about this obsessiveness and was just eating when i was hungry - when my body told me i needed food and what i needed.
however about 2 weeks ago i read a post about www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) calorie counter for free. Now i cant get away from it. Im counting every calorie, feeling bad if i go over a certain number, and ive become so obsessed about food im eating out of pure "breakfast lunch tea" rather than fuelling my body when it needs it, adding more or less depending on how hungry i am (as one naturally does), just so that i can stay within a certain range.
my body seems totally out of character. how can i stop myself from using this bleeding website. its getting me down and taking over

im really embarrassed so sorry..
aprille xxx

Yoggy
Jul 28th, 2005, 07:30 AM
The healthier your body is, the more effectively it burns calories. Try counting nutrients, vitamins and minerals instead of calories. If you make sure you get all the recommended daily values of the essential nutrients, then you shouldn't have to worry about calories much at all, because your body will have the necessary tools to do the job itself. You won't feel miserable limiting your food intake, and you'll probably see better results to boot.

rainbow
Aug 6th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Do you have any friends who live locally and are good with computers? My partner bans websites that I don't want to be wasting time on using the firewall. I don't know how she does it, but once she's done it, the page won't load. If she told you how to do it, it wouldn't work because then you'd know how to undo it, so you need someone local and computer savvy who can do it for you.

Alternatively, ask yourself what matters more to you - how many calories you eat at a time, or how healthy you are in mind and body. Surely the latter?

Hope this helps xx

puffin
Aug 6th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I went through the same thing when i was 15, not looking at websites but counting every calorie i ate. I know its easy for me to say but you really must stop before it takes over your life. It took over my life and all i cared about was losing weight, counting every single calorie that i ate and i got really depressed. The best thing to do is just eat healthy food, and you can eat fruit if your feeling hungry in between meals. I eat quite a lot now, i dont count calories and i eat pretty healthy and i dont put on weight.

Wishin986
Aug 6th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I know how you feel. I got obsessed with certain groups etc. and calorie counting when i had had a long history of eating disorders and it was extremely addicting for a long time. What I ended up having to do is just cut myself off. I know it's hard, but delete your account at fitday. Now I also just turn the nutritional information around when I'm around food and that helps immensley. I still calculate automatically but I try not to think about it and I try not to add it up. It is really tough, but you definately can do it! :)

Roxy
Aug 7th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Hi Ladyaprille - how are you feeling? I think Wishin has some good advice - delete your account at Fitday. As hard as it may be, it will probably be very beneficial.