PDA

View Full Version : Newmanos

ay_runner_22
Jul 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM
idk if there's already a post about this but has n e one tried newmanos??? organic cookie, no dairy, etc. :D they're my weakness

Seaside
Jul 28th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I like the ginger ones. :)

Kiva Dancer
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
I haven't tried the cookies, but I'm addicted to the chocolate. The sweet dark orange, to be exact. Such. Good. Stuff.

ChocolatBlanc
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Oh, I looove Newman-O's! :D I was eating some today. They are so yummy. And I like that they also sell just the tops & bottoms, 'cause I like the chocolate part more than the frosting part, unlike many other people, it seems.

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:50 AM
My daughter loves that no one can tell she's eating a healthier option when she takes these to bithday parties or sleepovers; they look like thier crappy, hydrogenated counterparts :D

assilembob
Aug 4th, 2005, 03:46 AM
my sis and I ate 2 packages of them on vacation. We love the mint ones and ginger ones best.

Tigerlily
Aug 5th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Do they sell these in Canada? I haven't been able to find them!

Wildflower
Aug 16th, 2005, 05:01 AM
I love the chocolate ones.

I used to love the chocolate orange cookies, but I thought those weren't vegan. I will have to re-check that.

I am concerned that they are made with palm kernel oil. It is not a healthy oil IMO (allthough better than hydrogenated oils) and most of it is harvested by detroying rain forest land (allthough I assuming Newman's must be fair trade and better for the environment).

articles - http://www.cspinet.org/palmoilreport/index.html

http://www.cspinet.org/new/200506021.html

tipsy
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:06 AM
i like newman o's cause the rawish sugar makes them crunchy and gritty.... mmmmmmm...yum

i usually only eat outrageous amounts of sugar like that when its homemade.. (thats my excuse for making breads, muffins, or cookies every other week) :p

FR
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I like the Mint O's. These things smoke Oreo's by a longshot.

Tigerlily
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:32 AM
:) If I ever get a care package from the US, Newman's O's have to be in them. I can't get them here.

Mystic
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:52 AM
What is a Newmans O?

Tigerlily
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:59 AM
As far as I know, an organic, vegan, and trans-fat free version of Oreos.

strawberry
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:19 AM
UGH they are so good. I desperately want someone from the UK or Australia to swap care packages w/ me. Some of the stuff abroad sounds so yummy :)

Seaside
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:22 AM
What is a Newmans O?
Banana! You managed to leave the USA without having any? :(
They come in chocolate wafers with white, chocolate, or mint filling, and in ginger wafers with white filling. Also in plain chocolate wafers without filling. :)

Mystic
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Banana! You managed to leave the USA without having any? :(
They come in chocolate wafers with white, chocolate, or mint filling, and in ginger wafers with white filling. Also in plain chocolate wafers without filling. :)

I can't believe I didn't find any! Do wholefoods have any, coz that is where I bought most of my junk food. Damn those Alternative Baking Company cookies - they have been in my dreams since I left the US. Strawbs, I would love to swap, but I am scared to :(

Tigerlily
Oct 20th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I'm scared to swap too. Hehehe. Plus I have nothing to swap. Everyone has more things than me. Unless maybe...I could bake some cookies or offer teas.

strawberry
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:31 AM
awww, Banana! take a chance in me :D I understand your worry about the postage stuff. When my b/f lived in France I always used to send him packages and sent them priority. Priority is key. While it costs more, he always got everything within a week.
I would love to trade, if your ever up for it. ;)

mophoto
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:19 AM
someone should organize a swap of some sort.
i have never had newman-o's, weren't sure if they were vegan. guess i'll hit their website and see what they got. (planning is essential when going to wholefoods, that place is so crammed i always feel like i am in the way when i am trying to read labels). i applied for a job there the other day- as a cashier, major pay cut and a long commute but i think i would be happier there. maybe not- never worked for a big corporation.

Seaside
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:03 AM
someone should organize a swap of some sort.

Some of us have swapped care packages (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705) before. I exchanged with cedarblue, and it was tasty and fun! Some folks have had trouble with the post, though, I guess.