PDA

View Full Version : Disposable wetwipes

Sunnie
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I am hunting for vegan-type disposable, antibacterial wetwipes...ya know...the individually packaged wipes that you can keep in your car/purse? Does anyone know if these exist in vegan form, not tested on animals?

DianeVegan
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:33 AM
Go to this (http://www.navs.org/testing/whois.cfm?SectionID=Testing) site to find out if a product is cruelty-free and vegan.

eve
Jul 31st, 2005, 07:48 AM
What is this business of using antibacterial wipes? What's wrong with bacteria :D - as far as I'm concerned, it's yet another product invented to make money. Just having a purse pack of tissues is handy for accidents, but wipes? :)

Sunnie
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:37 PM
Dianecrna: Thanks for the link! :)

Eve: Good point! :)

Pob
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:20 PM
I currently use antibacterial washing up liquid, though I think we do live in too sterile an environment.

On the other hand, I live with a meat eater and, unless that changes, I will go on using it (although I will make sure it is vegan, and environmentally friendly).

thecatspajamas1
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:58 PM
My anatomy and physiology professor told us that it's not good to use antibacterial soap unless you work in a clinical setting. Using antibiotics too much allows the bacteria strains to adapt to the antibiotics and this causes resistent strains. Also, when the "good" bacteria are killed away, it leaves an open environment for bacteria that you're not used to, to take over, so you have higher chances of getting sick. So just regular mild soap is the best to use.

Artichoke47
Oct 14th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Uhm, sometimes you need handwipes on the go because you dont have access to a sink, for example, wanting to wash your hands in the car before lunch, after you pump gas, touch money, door handles, et cetera.

Seventh Generation has baby wipes that are cruelty-free. I have a small plastic case that I keep them in.

moochbabe
Oct 14th, 2005, 05:03 AM
i love seventh generation stuff...
catspajamas, my teacher told me the same thing! it must be a thing with physiology and anatomy teachers...

Artichoke47
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable - in fact, I think it's logical - to clean one's hands, not necessarily with antibacterial products, but at least with some type of gentle soap, and when a sink, water, and sudsy soap are unavailable, it makes sense and is a sign of cleanliness to use handwipes.