PDA

View Full Version : Need recipe!

strawberry
Aug 4th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hi all,
I'm making dinner for my boyfriend tonight and although he tells me constantly that he likes vegan food, I want to make him something that is really flavorful, and that he couldnt even tell it was vegan! Not too hard to make either, I'm on sort of a budget this week (unfortunately) :o

If you have any recipes, pass them on, I would really appreciate it :)
Thanks!

Yoggy
Aug 9th, 2005, 05:23 AM
I guess it's too late to offer suggestions! I didn't notice this thread earlier :o . I was going to recommend some sort of stir fry. They're pretty inexpensive and filling when served with rice, and, if you choose the right sauce, can taste amazing. Or a lentil veggie stew with hearty vegetable chunks and a thick rich sauce, served with pita bread and a spinach salad. I'm afraid I don't have any actual recipes for the above, but you could google them and find a lot of great variations. But then it's too late anyway....

How did the dinner go? What did you make? And did he like it?

strawberry
Aug 9th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Hey Yoggy!

Thanks for the response...haha felt so lonely that no one responded haha. Well I ended up making couscous w/ mushrooms and curry powder...it was really good. We had it w/ salad/taboullah and pita bread. It was yummy :)