PDA

View Full Version : The Detox Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

John
Sep 5th, 2004, 05:18 AM
An extraordinary amount of energy. But I have mellowed out since then.

Atlanta Newbie
Sep 5th, 2004, 02:38 PM
I enjoy sunshine more now, whereas I used to keep my shades drawn constantly. (Don't ask me!)

:)

John
Sep 5th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Same thing with me Atlanta. Maybe all of the vitamin D I was getting from milk made my body want to avoid sun to avoid an overdose.

Gorilla
Sep 5th, 2004, 07:03 PM
i lost lots of *excess* weight without even trying - a very good side-effect of my change to a vegan diet! i also have sudden rushes of energy and get a bit hyper - something to do with blood sugar probably although i eat lots of slow-release foods and very little refined sugar :confused:

Michael
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:05 AM
I put on weight when I went Vegan, and haven't lost - there are just too many yummy things to eat!!!!

Haha quite the opposit for me! I lost lots of weight and can't seem to put it back on :)

wuggy
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Michael, it's because I got much more into cooking/baking - unfortunately this involves lots of homemade Carrott Cake!

foxytina_69
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:09 AM
mmm carrot cake.

i do remember sumone saying their lips became more red since becoming vegan. it might have bin artichoke but im not sure who said it :)

~*Blue*~
Sep 24th, 2004, 05:10 AM
i have tried Dr. Schulze's detox...i have another kit of his in my closet (that i will use next year). i have been doing these types of cleanses for a couple of years, its more of a mental thing for me b/c it's helped with parts of my eating disorder (i.e. reducing certain habits). plus, it has also gotten me interested in veganism again :)

Sabster
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:50 PM
I want to do something along the lines of detoxing. Just not anything that interferes with everyday life. I'm not sure where to start. Maybe I'll just eat pseudo-raw for a few weeks.

eve
Dec 31st, 2004, 08:05 PM
Hi Sabster, I've just finished reading "Raw Secrets" by Frederic Patenaude, as I'm doing a review of it for Vegan Voice. The author emphasises that the reason some people fail on raw foods is that some may go into it more or less blindly, thinking that provided the food is raw, that it's ok. But there are pitfalls. Patenaude's website is www.fredericpatenaude.com - and you may find it of interest. :)

boomer
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:23 AM
For a total detox of mind body and soul, I go to Spa Samui in Thailand, 10 days of pure heaven, only manage that every other year so do the liver flush in between, all their info is on their WWW.

Aurora
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:36 AM
I do the Parasite programme as mentioned by Hulda Clark in her 'The Cure for All Diseases'. I also do her kidney cleanse twice a year. I did the liver cleanse last year but it was so gross........(won't go into details but I was in the loo all night!) that I will never do it again! :(

Aurora xx

eve
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
Every time you breathe in and out, you are detoxing. :)

Marie
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Hi
Has anyone tried fasting?

Marie
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:55 PM
The reason why I'm asking is because I'm reading "Fasting and eating for health" by
Joel Fuhrman, MD.(recommended by ridgerunner). He says in his book "the fast not merely detoxify, it also break down superfluous tissue -fat, abnormal cells, atheromatous plaque, and tumors -and releases diseased tissues and their cellular products into the circulation for elimination". (I think i'll go for this).

MzNatural
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Hi
Has anyone tried fasting?

I do fasts, mainly water, occasionally juice fast.

Marie
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:10 AM
MzNatural for how long do you fast mainly on water? Joel Fuhrman recommends seven- to- ten days. For me it seems impossible. He also says that total fast, with water only, is both the most effective and safest way.

Marie
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:35 PM
The reason why I want to detox is that I suffer from arthritis. I'm not interesting in doing fast because of loosing weight. It is said that fast prevents you from having to use toxic medication and also prevents the disease from getting worse.

MzNatural
Jan 14th, 2005, 08:36 PM
MzNatural for how long do you fast mainly on water? Joel Fuhrman recommends seven- to- ten days. For me it seems impossible. He also says that total fast, with water only, is both the most effective and safest way.
Sorry I did not see your question. :) I fast for 1-3 days. My 19-month-old daughter is still nursing. The information I have read strongly recommends not fast longer than this length of time. Usually on the 4th day I drink juice, and pureed soups. I have 3-day water fast every 3 months. I do a 1 day fast usually every week. I usually fast with only water, sometimes juice/pureed soups.
I have read amazing testimonials about people who have cured their illness with fasts.

~~ETA~~
I fast because I like the way I feel and the health benefits. I have more energy. It is also a way to give my organs a break from digesting food. :p

PinkFluffyCloud
Jan 14th, 2005, 09:38 PM
The old fashioned way of feeding dogs was always to include a one-day-per-week water fast.
I don't know if I could go even a day without food - I am such a Glutton! :p

Fruitbat
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:19 AM
I go on a raw fruit-only diet for 3 days with lots of herbal teas. Then for the next 3 days a fruitarian diet. I have to reduce my exercise significantly as it makes you low on energy.

Nowadays I am on a semi-permanent detox with a 70% raw diet, detox every morning with only fruit until noon and lots of detox tea (Dr. Stuart's).
I eat lots of antioxidatn reach foods - kiwis, red peppers, sweet potatoes, avocadoes, peas, cabbage, broccoli, carrots usually a minimum of 2 servings of each every week usually much more.

Marie
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks you all for your information. I see that it is possible to do this fasting from what you are sharing, but don't you feel terrible hungry? And how much water do you drink during the day?

MzNatural
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks all for your information. I see that it is possible to do this fasting from what you are sharing, but don't you feel terrible hungry? And how much water do you drink during the day?
The first day I had some hunger pangs but after that I had more energy.
It varies with individuals. You can download this book for free Dying to Get Well (http://www.abcinternetmarketing.com/dtgw/order.html) it is around 250 pages. The author talks about fasting as well as eating raw foods.

LyricSarah
Jan 17th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I am very interested in doing a detox/cleanse...however, I am a bit underweight and don't want to lose any more. What options do I have considering I would not be able to do a fast???

MzNatural
Jan 18th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I am very interested in doing a detox/cleanse...however, I am a bit underweight and don't want to lose any more. What options do I have considering I would not be able to do a fast???
You could do a whole foods cleanse. I did this 28 day cleanse ( http://www.howhealthworks.com/28_Day_Cleanse/index.html). It was very good. I have his book, CD, and videotape. It is very informative.

~~ETA~~
You do not need to buy his products to do the food cleanse. Scott Ohlgren sends out weekly newsletters for those who sign up. It is free.