PDA

View Full Version : The Detox Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

tails4wagging
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:50 AM
book. Following her husbands supersize me diet. She said on his third week his liver was like pate !!!!!.

She is a vegan so the book should be interesting?. The Book is called Detox Diet.

Glen
Jun 8th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Thats pretty cool, as she was a vegan chef, but I can't help but think that she's just trying to cash in on the shows success. :)

ConsciousCuisine
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Oh, so they are married now? Good for them :)

I wonder if the book will include/be full of meat and dairy :rolleyes:

Glen
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Shes a veganchef, so no, no eggs and dairy

ConsciousCuisine
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Shes a veganchef, so no, no eggs and dairy

One would think that was true, right? Sadly, it is not. She cooks with flesh and secretions. :mad:

I'll post links to threads here on veganforum in a bit that discuss this or you can search under "vegan chef". In addition, you could go to her website and check it out as well. :(

ConsciousCuisine
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:11 PM
http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3769&highlight=vegan+chef

Here's a good one.

Glen
Jun 8th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I stand corrected, unfortunately :( She said on Supersize Me that she was a vegan checf. That sucks :(

Zool
Jun 8th, 2005, 07:36 PM
She uses an interesting play of words. She's vegan, and she's a chef. So she's always described as a vegan chef. I always think of Ben Kenobi when she describes herself as he once said, "So what I told you is true... from a certain point of view.

She should say, "I'm a chef who happens to be vegan and sometimes caters
to vegan customers."

marika5
Jun 28th, 2005, 05:58 PM
It was only very recently that I watched "Supersize Me." Am I the only one that found Morgan Spurlock to be incredibly irritating?

veganator
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I heard about this book in an interview she gave to Satya magazine.

I was disappointed that a piece about her was not on the DVD version of SUPERSIZE ME as she said in the article.

Most bonus material on a DVD is usually cutting room garbage, but there is good stuff on SUPERSIZE ME.

I particularly like Spurlock interviewing Eric Schlosser ( author of FAST FOOD NATION )

gertvegan
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Theres a whole supersize me thread HERE. (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326&highlight=supersizeme) ;)

vegechic
Jul 25th, 2005, 01:23 PM
have been reading a detox book,28 days,sounds like a vegan diet to be honest,except no sugar,tea ext.

they are banging on about how healthy it is,when will people get it,we are healthy thats why!!!!!!! :)

aubergine
Jul 25th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Carol Vorderman is a vegetarian (vegan maybe?) and her's is one of the bestselling detox books in the UK. It's sad to see meateaters feel so much better after a couple of weeks on this diet, and then celebrate with steak and chips. As if they're 'earnt it' somehow.

vegechic
Jul 26th, 2005, 10:07 AM
thats what i was thinking,its like i no this is really good for me,but nayway ill go back to eating shit!!! :mad:

ladyaprille
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM
the vegan way of life is so good for me, that if i have a vegan sugary treat/dessert, i feel lethargic and low, but as soon a i regain back to normal eating (what would otherwise be a detox to any other way of life) i feel fab and feel great that i reward my body everyday, rather than just "2 days b4 my holiday so i can look great in that bikini".. if u see what i mean??!!woohoo to veganism

vegechic
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
breakfast- fruit/nuts(all organic)

snack-raw carrots,fruit,rice cakes.

lunch-lentils tofu brown rice.

dinner-salade,inc-rocket,watercress,tomatos,cucumber,advacado.
with wheat free pasta/rice.

of course i will try other things but i think im doing ok,drinking lots to.

screamingcarrot
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
of course i will try other things but i think im doing ok,drinking lots to.[/QUOTE]
AS LONG AS ITS ONLY WATER YOUR DRINKING, IT SOUNDS GOOD! ;)

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:40 AM
breakfast- fruit/nuts(all organic)

snack-raw carrots,fruit,rice cakes.

lunch-lentils tofu brown rice.

dinner-salade,inc-rocket,watercress,tomatos,cucumber,advacado.
with wheat free pasta/rice.

of course i will try other things but i think im doing ok,drinking lots to.

How is this a "detox" and what are you "detoxing" from? That looks like what I may eat on a typical day when I'm too busy to eat more :D

vegechic
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
why isnt it a detox????

vegechic
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
usually i et more heavy foods,wheat,sugar,caffine,so in my opinion it is a detox,there are no toxins.
it may look like what you eat every day as you eat healthily but i didnt so i plan to stick to this so it will be just 'healthy eating'.

foxytina_69
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
well i kindof thought this didnt seem like a detox either when i first saw this. adding cooked food to your detox doesnt seem like youre helping your body to detox. what you ate seemed great, for everyday, but to detox i would prefer personally to eat just raw foods (purely organic to stray away from all chemicals, and pure filtered/spring/mineral water and as fresh food as possible to gain the most nutrients possible from the food) as theyre the easiest for your body to digest, giving it the time to actually detox itself rather than having to process the foods you ingest. lemon is also a great addition to your water to help cleanse your liver. and probably room tempurature water so your body doesnt have to work on warming it up.

cc, regarding detox, how long do you usually reccommend your clients to detox? i always would like to do one but never know how long to do it for. i mean, i know theres a variation. like a 7 day detox or a month long detox. im sure it varies depending on the person.

vegechic
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
i am eating all organic,lemon in water(filterd).
and only cooked food is lentils,wheat free pasta.
this is a small portion of diet the bulk is veg/fruit.

i dont like the idea of eating totally raw.

to be honest maybe this isnt a detox then but its healthy eating,but considering my diet wasnt brill its a detox for me i guess. :)

veganful
Aug 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I am looking into doing a detox plan... Can any one give me any suggestions? Like a recipe to follow or something along those lines...

Ileana

terra
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Hey Ileana!

I found this one to be pretty helpful...

fasting & detox (http://www.althealth.co.uk/services/info/misc/fasting1.php)

I hope it helps!

Please let me know how it goes or what else you've found to be useful!

:)

Steph
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Terra, thanks that article was really interesting. I've been toying with the idea of a fast for a while now, to clean up my head just as much (maybe even more so!) as cleaning my innards! I would really like to try a water only fast which was mentioned in the article, but it wasn't advised as much as the juice fast. Does anyone know if a water fast of maybe 3 or 4 days would harm me, would there be as much as a benefit of 3 to 4 days as opposed to a longer fast of 6 or 7 days? Has anyone here ever done a water only fast, and is it helpful?