PDA

View Full Version : The Detox Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Tangerine
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:13 AM
so is there weight loss in this?

Tigerlily
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Yes but I think eating a healthy diet and exercising is a better way to lose weight, IMO.

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:17 AM

Tangerine
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:22 AM
so all you drink is water, happycow? or do you drink some juice drink

or is there some supplement cleanser you take?

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM

treehugga
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Wouldn't the weight just come back on when you start eating normally again and then make it harder to maintain healthy weight as your body would store fat due to starvation mode setting in ?(lot's written on this by dieticians and nutritionists).

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:29 AM

Wishin986
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:32 AM
yes your metabolism will crash. thats why you come out of long fasts slowly and easily so that you slowly get your body use to food again and work your metabolism back up. its not a good idea to come off of a fast eating all sorts of heavy food. just fruits and vegetables or even after a long one do a juice fast one day, then add raw fruits, then raw fruits and veggies etc. your metabolism should increase - they are quite elastic. fasts are meant to more cleanse anyways than be used as a weight loss tool. just a way to kind of cleanse and clear your mind and body.

treehugga
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:33 AM
That makes sense. I think your stomach may shrink as well so it wouldn't need as much food. I's rather do it my way with constant healthy eating and exercise although hats off to you for being able to do it, you must have heaps of will power. I can't go more than a couple of hour without food or I feel dizzy and develop a migraine :)

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:33 AM

xwitchymagicx
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:49 AM
I's probably faint with no food for even a whole day. I would just have to lie in bed for the week on a fast or something. :confused:

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:59 AM

Tangerine
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Does anyone use any cleansing kits... would any of the kits at "whole Foods" (thats my veggie store) work ok?

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 9th, 2005, 12:05 AM

Atticus
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I don't want to sound rude, but 22 days of not eating does not sound healthy at all. :confused:Fasting is a load of BUNK! Our bodies do not need to be "detoxed"......

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:06 AM

Tangerine
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Fasting is a load of BUNK! Our bodies do not need to be "detoxed"......

Im still not sure about fasting... but i know our bodies take in a lot of crap that we arent aware of...and detoxing sounds like a good idea...

i hate the thought of 10-15 lbs of poo harboring inside my body..just sitting there.YUCK

Cranberry
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Tang, you always want to detox slowly. If you are toxic, (which most of us are) then you cant get rid of it all in a few days or even a month.

If you really want to cleanse follow a whole food diet, get a good quality juicer and drink a pure green juice a day (dilute with water) slowly working up to 6 a day. You can juice on Sunday, and freeze the rest and pull some out for each day. Make sure you add vitamin C powder to help stablize the juice before freezing. I listen to Gary Null online and that is what he recommends. He says your body should not attempt to detox quickly. It puts to much strain on your organs.
Also, I suggest yogi detox tea. That stuff works great. I break out if I drink too much to soon. So be careful to follow the instructions and dont get crazy and drink 10 cups a day.:)

One more thing that my friends and I have had success with is a product called "Parastroy" it is a 3 week herbal cleanser for the intestines (kills yeast and parasites). Follow the instructions and clear all white stuff out of your diet and any sugar (including fruit) while on the cleanse. You can get it in most health food stores, I pick it up at the vitaminshoppe for about 16 dollars.

Best of Luck.

Ps.
Take it easy. You deserve it! :)

Wishin986
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Also, I suggest yogi detox tea. That stuff works great. I break out if I drink too much to soon. So be careful to follow the instructions and dont get crazy and drink 10 cups a day.:)

I drink that tea sometimes! :D

treehugga
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I am reading Dr Gillian McKeiths (You are what you eat) book at the moment.

She discusses detox and gives a variety of options, which I think is more sensible, and time frames.

Although I'm not that keen on her show, her book is pretty good.

She also advocates that anyone thinking of doing a detox seek medical assistance and not to undertake one if you have a medical condition, pregnant, breastfeeding, underweight or low in vitamins and minerals can be extemely dangerous.

I also like the liver cleansing diet by Sandra Cabot.

I think it's more important to have a lifestyle healthy eating regime ongoing.

Some people I know think that by detoxing now and again they can consume junk otherwise, which I find odd!

Tangerine
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Tang, you always want to detox slowly. If you are toxic, (which most of us are) then you cant get rid of it all in a few days or even a month.

If you really want to cleanse follow a whole food diet, get a good quality juicer and drink a pure green juice a day (dilute with water) slowly working up to 6 a day. You can juice on Sunday, and freeze the rest and pull some out for each day. Make sure you add vitamin C powder to help stablize the juice before freezing. I listen to Gary Null online and that is what he recommends. He says your body should not attempt to detox quickly. It puts to much strain on your organs.

One more thing that my friends and I have had success with is a product called "Parastroy" it is a 3 week herbal cleanser for the intestines (kills yeast and parasites). Follow the instructions and clear all white stuff out of your diet and any sugar (including fruit) while on the cleanse. You can get it in most health food stores, I pick it up at the vitaminshoppe for about 16 dollars.

Best of Luck.

Ps.
Take it easy. You deserve it! :)

what do you mean by "green juice"

and the yogi tea can you get that at most health food stores?

Cranberry
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:00 PM
You can pick up Yogi tea in just about any health food store and in some grocery stores in the health food section. Head on over to their website. I think you can get a few free samples.

Green juices = any dark leafy greens. This type of juice is very strong and cleanses, so dilute with water. Add an apple and some ginger for flavor. Get creative but make the greens a major part of your juice. You can add a tomato with cayenne pepper for a warming juice. I have been juicing for a while so I add some crazy not so tasty stuff, like garlic and onions and so far no problems with the vampires. LOL

I am providing you a link to Gary Null's free download archive. Try listening to the anti aging programs and "the seven steps". That may help you with some more detox ideas.
Also, check out the library and do a search on juicing.
Gary Null's Natural Living Website explores the nature and politics of medicine, health, nutrition and the environment. (http://www.garynull.com/Index.aspx) Homepage. The recipe section is good a ignore the 3 or so fish recipes, the rest are great for cleansing.

VoiceAmerica (http://www.garynull.com/Events/VoiceAmerica.aspx) downloads

Gary Null Library (http://www.garynull.com/Article.aspx?Article=/Library.aspx&Head=Library)

Tangerine
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:39 AM
I picked up some Yogi Detox tea.. Peach Flavor today

and some Natures Secret - Ultimate Cleanse

:)

Cranberry
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:19 AM
:) Great, you didn't waste any time. LOL

Remember, take it easy and embrace your body during the process. Do something to help you relax. A nice hot epsom salt bath will help draw toxins out through your skin. Sprinkle in some essential oil and baking soda (helps the water stay alkaline) and kick back with some tea.

Keep us updated on your journey. :)

Tangerine
Nov 10th, 2005, 05:13 PM
so i picked up some good stuff then? there were so many choices there i wasnt sure.

:)