PDA

View Full Version : The Vegan Society job vacancies

gertvegan
Aug 5th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Information Officer

The Vegan Society is looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised individual to work as part of our small team, helping promote veganism and providing support for vegans and those considering switching to an animal-free diet.

As Information Officer, your role will involve answering queries, preparing information sheets, leaflets and other publications, working on website content and writing for The Vegan magazine. Opportunities for media work are also available.

The ideal candidate will have:

Excellent oral and written communication skills
Degree level qualification
Awareness of vegan issues, including basic nutritional knowledge
Ability to use database, word processing and e-mail packages
Excellent organisational skills
Experience in answering queries from members of the public
Campaigning and/or press experience an advantage

If this sounds like you, and you want to help promote veganism, then we’d love to hear from you.

The post is initially based in our offices in St Leonards on Sea, with a move to Birmingham planned within a year.

Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.

Closing date for applications: Thursday 9th September.
For an application pack, please contact Janet Pender on 01424 448836 or via email ceo@vegansociety.com

Stu
Aug 6th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Bugger... If only it was in London...

gertvegan
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:33 PM
As advertised in the autumn edition of The Vegan. Anyone interested ??

catmogg
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:40 PM
I keep wanting to see the vegan society to advertise for an educational officer, or something similar. I'd really love that job.

twinkle
Aug 21st, 2005, 09:51 PM
I would be interested if it didn't involve initially having to work in St Leonards on Sea. It's a shame it's office based - sounds like the sort of thing that could be done from home from the brief description.

gertvegan
Sep 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Job vacancy in the Vegan Society office - TRADEMARK ASSISTANT

The Vegan Society is looking for an enthusiastic, well-organized individual to work as part of our small team, helping promote the Society and veganism by dealing with the administration of the Society's trademark.

Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.

Closing date for applications: Friday 11 November.

For an application pack please contact Janet Pender on 01424 448836 or via email ceo@vegansociety.com.

snaffler
Sep 23rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
I thought this may happen with the move, but you can't blame the ones who do not want to move leaving their jobs.

I hope this does not have a bad effect on the VS.

gertvegan
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Chief Executive, PR / Media Officer, and Information Officer jobs are going at the Vegan Society, see here. (http://www.vegansociety.com/html/about_us/jobs.php) :)

SophieFP
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks gertvegan.

The three jobs being advertised at the Vegan Society are in part due to great news that the office is expanding and the Vegan Society can bring in new talent to an existing excellent team.

Relocation of the head office is planned for the medium term (with options now expanded beyond Birmingham), with the aim of a much more accessible base.

Please have a really good think about whether you know anyone who might be suitable for the posts, and encourage them to take a look right away, as the closing dates are coming up soon (beginning of March 2006).

The posts available are:

* Chief Executive Officer - the team leadership position, the top staff role.
* PR and Media officer - to build the public image of the Vegan Society and spread the vegan message.
* Information officer - at the heart of the Vegan Society's reason for being - to build on our excellent and reliable information base and advise people. Youth outreach will be a key part of this.

Further details on the jobs page on the Vegan Society website: http://www.vegansociety.com/html/about_us/jobs.php

-------------------------
See also Headline News on LCAT, the website for active vegans, http://www.lcat.makessense.co.uk (with more info linked in):

A new Chief Executive for the Vegan Society
The Vegan Society is recruiting a new Chief Executive. This is the top job at the Vegan Society and a great opportunity to play a key role in veganism. Do you know someone who might fit the bill? Tell them about it - the application deadline is 1st March 2006.

The Vegan Society is getting a PR officer
Fantastic news - thanks to the ongoing support of the Vegan Society and the success of its Trademark, it is to have a PR/Media officer. Do you know anyone who would be good for this role? Ask them to get in touch with the Vegan Society to find out more.

Who would make a great Information Officer for the Society?
Being part of the effective and enthusiastic team at the Vegan Society is an excellent opportunity to move veganism on. The Information Department is expanding to help keep up with an ever-growing interest in veganism and the work of The Vegan Society.

SophieFP
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I keep wanting to see the vegan society to advertise for an educational officer, or something similar. I'd really love that job.

Then the new Information Officer post is just right for you - they are particularly looking for someone to work on Youth Outreach.

Hemlock
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Ff,s, I could do that job, have relevant degrees and live near St Leonards on Sea as well, but there is no way I'd conider moving to Birmingham or I'd go for it:( And my husband work for the press too so I could pick his brain on that one!

Gorilla
Feb 13th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Relocation of the head office is planned for the medium term (with options now expanded beyond Birmingham), with the aim of a much more accessible base.
where else are they thinking about moving to, apart from Birmingham? it'd help people thinking of applying if they had some idea of where they might have to relocate to.

SophieFP
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
where else are they thinking about moving to, apart from Birmingham? it'd help people thinking of applying if they had some idea of where they might have to relocate to.

The other main areas being considered are closer to the current office, and include the Brighton area.

Birmingham is a much changed city and is becoming a great place to live with excellent communications and a great bunch of local vegans, with large areas under attractive redevelopment, and that is a large part of why it is under consideration. Other central UK cities are not excluded either, but are not currently being focused on.

Staff retention for any given relocation option is something that is being taken seriously into account, along with what would be best for the Society for the next 50 years. Staff are giving input into the relocation criteria and advice, and will be an important part of selecting suitable premises.

alisont
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:53 PM
All sound great jobs! I would love to work in an all vegan environment - I seem to be an unoficial vegan advisor at the college i work in now! would love a job as an education advisor:)

Alison

SophieFP
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Do apply for it then alisont!

alisont
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
If it was in Birmingham id apply, but theres no way i could move at the mo (family commitments and companion dog is very ill)

Would be an ideal job...........maybe one day.............

Alison:)

SophieFP
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Veganism is in a great position to move ahead by leaps and bounds. There is an opportunity to play a key part in this, by applying to be the new Chief Executive of the Vegan Society, the top job there.

The application deadline has been extended by a few days, so any people you think could be ideal for this post still have a chance to find out more and get their applications in. It could be you.

**The closing date is now Monday 6 March 2006, and the deadline for completing shortlisting is now 13 March (candidates to be advised by 15 March).**

Who would you like to see in this job, or what kind of person?

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Here's a link to the job info:

http://www.vegansociety.com/html/about_us/jobs.php

gertvegan
Sep 6th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Vegan Society looking for a Finance Officer for Brum

The Vegan Society is looking for a finance officer to be based in the planned new office in Birmingham. They will start with a short stint in the current office in St Leonard's, East Sussex, to get a feel for the job. More info here. (http://www.vegansociety.com/html/about_us/jobs.php)

And always info on www.activeg.org (http://www.activeg.org/index.html)

There will be more jobs, both temporary (in St Leonard's) and permanent (in Birmingham) coming up in the near future,