PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Sunflower Seed Butter!

Pages : [1] 2

FR
Aug 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I picked some up the other day, and wow, I am impressed. I made a sandwich with the butter and apricot preserves. Man, my tastebuds are jumping for joy!

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I like it too but it is so SWEET! I got several free jars from varoius companies at the Natural Products Expo, and I seem to recall that my local Trader Joe's used to carry one but no longer do.

FR
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I picked mine up from Trader Joe's.

celtic rose
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM
never seen any in Britain :(

assilembob
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Could you make it just like making peanut or cashew butter (the only two I have tried so far)

FR
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Could you make it just like making peanut or cashew butter (the only two I have tried so far)

I'd assume that you could make any seed or nut butter at home.

DianeVegan
Aug 20th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the info - I am heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow and will look for this!

FR
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info - I am heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow and will look for this!

I hope you find it. CC said the Trader's near her stopped selling it.

1vegan
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I've had it, maybe, or pretty sure not the brand you name, and I didn't like it.

catmogg
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:17 PM
I want some too, you American get all the nice food products...

Korn
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Monki makes brilliant Sunflower Seed Butter here in Europe (I know, because I'm a little hooked on it!). Maybe the Monki stuff isn't available in Sheffield?

catmogg
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Not at my haunts, but Korn, you give me hope my dear man!!

Poison Ivy
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:38 PM
But we can buy it mail order Catmogg, see here (http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/sunflower_butter.html) :) although at that price we'd better not get hooked on it :) :eek:

catmogg
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:49 PM
But we can buy it mail order Catmogg, see here (http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/sunflower_butter.html) :) although at that price we'd better not get hooked on it :) :eek:

If sunflower seed butter is your poison Poison, you're heading for financial difficulties some time soon....

Korn
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Now I guess you finally understand why we have a donation system? :D

Poison Ivy
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM
If sunflower seed butter is your poison Poison, you're heading for financial difficulties some time soon....

:D :D

amarle
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:58 PM
yummm!
though i admit i prefer almond or cashew butter myself. or macadamia.. now that is *pure* decadence...
:D
do any of you know of a good vegan chocolate spread? and preferrably organic. the only one i can get is not very nice at all... kind of oily. ick. (it's the rapunzel organic one by the way, called Choco i think)

catmogg
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:08 AM
Green and blacks need to make one of these. I'd love to find one too. Ooooooooooooo, imagine, nut butter and chocolate spread on wholemeal toast. Yummy yummy. and you could put it in banannas too and and and... (becoming delirious...) Hang on a minute, don't they sell it on veganstore in the sweet things section. I'm off to check...

amarle
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:12 AM
Ooooooooooooo, imagine, nut butter and chocolate spread on wholemeal toast. Yummy yummy. and you could put it in banannas too and and and... (becoming delirious...)

you crack me up. :D
i'd love it if i could find green and blacks, must see if i can! yay for g&b.. they do such great stuff!

catmogg
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:22 AM
Amarle, i'll have you know i take this kind of thing very seriously indeed.... Now, i've done my research and despite nearly being distracted into prurchasing some minxy fudge mixes, (oh yes, they tried to to scupper the whole mission but no, i was onto them) i've arrived back here and i've got the skinny on that spread...

So, its by chocoreal and is available in original (so i'm guessing thts just pure chocolate heaven) but then there's also hazelnut and if thats not enough to drive you nuts at the very thought there's swirl, which is, wait for it... chocolate and vanilla kind of, well, in pychodelic swirls. And they're only 2.99. That's 2.99. So, should i be in the marketing department for veganstore or what??

No giggling.

catmogg
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:25 AM
Oh lord, you're not English are you, so none of this info will help you at all. Well don't you have a vegan essentials site or something. Somebody, help us. Qucik. Matter of extreme urgency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tipsy
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:27 AM
once again catmogg brings me to my knees in histarical laughter! :D

catmogg
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:33 AM
once again catmogg brings me to my knees in histarical laughter! :D

don't just sit there laughing, my goodness girl, have you no feelings, no compassion for your fellow forumers, will you sit back and split your sides while others are without a chocolate spread supplier. I ask you, where can this poor person meet her needs, you are from a similar neck of the woods, are you not????????? Or do you have no feelings at all. You look all cute and fluffy in your kitty guise but are you some kind of monster to mock in such a fashion??

catmogg
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:37 AM
Damn, she's from NW not NY, what a fool i am! A fool. Can no one come to her aid?

abrennan
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:38 AM
Hello Friends

Can someone tell me what the ingredients on the pack are. Is it only Sunflower seeds.

Antony
Nuttelex eater