PDA

View Full Version : Soyatoo vegan spray cream

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Maisiepaisie
Apr 25th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Now people have tried this and know it's worth buying, I have a question -

Why does my squirty cream always seem to run out so quickly!?

It feels as though there's some left in the can but that the propellant has run out. Maybe it's just that I'm unrealsitic and expect it to last forever?!

So anyway, mine's run out :(I was so excited by the thought of Soyatoo and Chocoreale biscuits that I didn't even read the whole thread properly :o In answer to your question, thats happened to me too and I had to throw away half a can. Don't really know why it happened, maybe we should complain.

puffin
Apr 25th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I think it tastes really nice but it dissolves into nothing very quickly. So i find it a little pointless.

Maisiepaisie
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Puffin you're not eating it fast enough :p

puffin
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Lol, that is true :D

catmogg
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Cherry, Maisiepaisie i have the exact same problem as you!! Both of the two cans i had seemed to still be half full but i cant squirt anymore out!! I thought i wouldnt bother getting anymore if they only gave you such a stingy amount. Could there be some kind of fault with this product/batch? Both of mine were from vegan store...:confused: We should defo complain!!

Maisiepaisie
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Both of mine were from vegan store...:confused: We should defo complain!!Yeah mine too, pity I've thrown it away now.

Nadine
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Hmm, with the last can I bought of squirty cream I bought none came out at all! Verrry frustrating:mad:

Cherry
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Oh my! None at all!? And I was feeling hard done by!

Well since it's not just me, I think we should definitely all complain :D I wasn't sure if I was imagining it.

Puffin, honestly. :rolleyes:

Mr Flibble
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:56 PM
did you keep it in the fridge like you weren't meant to do? It goes hard if you leave it in there too long.

Cherry
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Oh...

PS Mine weren't from Vegan Store, and were bought a few months apart, so I reckon it's not just a particular batch.

Cherry
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:57 PM
did you keep it in the fridge like you weren't meant to do? It goes hard if you leave it in there too long.

No, not at all. So you haven't had this problem Mr F? Is it a phenomenon particular to girls?!

Mr Flibble
Apr 26th, 2006, 12:14 AM
No, the only times it's gone hard and not squirted properly is when it's been too cold. It only needs to be in there for 15 mins or so to get the good combination between temp and squirtability. It just needs warming up a bit again. If you get it just right then it's the ideal temperature for eating.

Personally i like squirting it directly into my mouth, i seldom get round to actually putting it on anything these days

Cherry
Apr 26th, 2006, 12:18 AM
No comment :rolleyes:

Don't know about you two, MaisiePaisie and Catmogg, but that definitely isn't the problem with mine. Mine hasn't been in the fridge for at least 24 hours. It's at room temp, and it feels half full, it just won't squirt :(

Mr Flibble
Apr 26th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Well, I did hear it's quite common for vegans to have problems with squirting, but as I say i've had it quite a few times now and never experienced problems - I thought it was just propoganda. Are you sure it's not just the way you're doing it?

Cherry
Apr 26th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Good heavens Mr Flibble! Shocking.

No, I'm *QUITE* sure it's not the way I'm doing it, thank you!! ;)

Gorilla
Apr 26th, 2006, 12:51 PM
before this thread gets all unnecessary ;) i'd just like to add that my can didn't last very long either, and i didn't keep it in the fridge. i haven't bought any more because i was a bit disappointed with the amount i managed to use, and i don't think i can recycle the can which bothers me.

puffin
Apr 26th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Puffin, honestly. :rolleyes:
Sorry, i cant keep up with you hardcore eaters :p I like to take my time and taste my food but if you lot want to scoff it down then enjoy yourself, just dont say i didnt warn you all when you cant fit into your jeans :D

Pob
Apr 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I didn't have any problems getting mine to squirt, but I didn't clean it off afterwards and I discovered it was all covered in mould the next time I got it out :(

Nadine
Apr 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I got mine from vegan store too. I tried squirting it straight from the fridge and tried (with help from others!) to squirt the darn stuff at room temp for at least a couple more days afterwards. But it was not to be...:(
It has put me off buying it again.

veganwitch
Apr 26th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Soyatoo squirt cream. I was in shock when I found it at one of my natural stores. I have had it on strawberries and chocolate chips and in hot chocolate. Mine's in the fridge. No problem yet squirting it.
My husband read the can and says to shake it twice and hold it completely upside down to squirt it. Forget if you are supposed to shake it while it's upside down or not.? Now I am worried that I didn't rinse it off last time and it might be moldy??? Horrors....must run home and check !

I only bought one can because I didn't know how we'd like it, but I am going to go back and buy more. Tonight I plan to put it on hot chocolate again...yum! I am listening to the Chocolat soundtrack and just finished the book Chocolat. .. LOL!

harpy
Apr 26th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I have had non-squirting problems as well but I'm not a conscientious follower of instructions and probably didn't rinse the nozzle when I should have.

I have a second can in the cupboard that hasn't been broached - will be interested to see if that is still in working order when I eventually get around to trying it.

I daresay they could improve the design but Rome wasn't built in a day :D

Cherry
Apr 26th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I didn't have any problems getting mine to squirt, but I didn't clean it off afterwards and I discovered it was all covered in mould the next time I got it out :(

Ah yes, I learnt that lesson too :D

It's not that the nozzle is blocked though; it's like the cream is in there, the can is in perfect working order, but there's no propellant left to get it out (and onto my chocolate cake :mad: )

xwitchymagicx
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:03 PM
:( Mine seems to be half full but nothing comes out of it!!! It costs a lot really to waste so much of it.

Cherry
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Join the club/protest group :rolleyes:

There are 4 of us so far :D

xwitchymagicx
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:27 PM
lol ok

Can we hit the makers with the tin of cream which won't come out? I'm feeling in an angry mood...

Mine has actually got dints in already so it looks like i've been bashing someone with it already. lol