PDA

View Full Version : Soyatoo vegan spray cream

Pages : [1] 2 3

Spiral
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I just bought a very tasty vegan spray cream made by TofuTown. It's lovely added to vegan trifles and desserts and can be bought on-line from veganstore. You can also get a vegan whipping cream.

http://www.veganstore.co.uk/

harpy
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Is it really nice? I was wondering about ordering some as cream is one of the things I occasionally miss. Does the kind in the can keep better than the other kind? Don't think cream in aerosols had been invented when I used to eat such things :D

Spiral
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
It keeps for three weeks. I think it's nice, but it is very sweet which may not go down well with everyone. It's not something I'd buy very often, just occasionally as a treat.

I sometimes make vegan trifles, and the whipped cream was always the missing ingredient, so it's perfect for that.

harpy
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks *M* - sounds as if I should give it a try. I guess you could compensate for the sweetness by having it with something tart (like rhubarb without any sweetening :D )

catmogg
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Oh wow, squirty vegan cream, you could loose your mind to the possibilities...

Kumem
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:24 PM
It's very nice straight out of can into mouth as well ;)

catmogg
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I won't enquire further!!!
It's very nice straight out of can into mouth as well ;)

Kumem
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I won't enquire further!!!

You just had to lower the tone ;)

If I'm thinking what you're thinking, then I hadn't thought of that :D
If I'm thinking what you're not thinking, then I am a dirty pervert :eek:

catmogg
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM
No comment...

gertvegan
Aug 20th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I've heard rumours about a kinda vegan custard pie fight at the October Bristol Vegan Fayre (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3294) using this squirty cream. Pictures will be taken for sure.

Its also good on a hot choccy. :)

Kevster
Aug 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Sounds interesting, i might be inclined to throw a pie or two....

gertvegan
Aug 20th, 2005, 12:45 PM
That might help Mr Kev, considering that I've already said you'll do it. Oh didn't I ask you first .... oops! :D

Mr Flibble
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I can confirm it's good, I've been getting it for over a month now. Works particularly well with vanilla icecream, chopped nuts, chunks of chocolate cake and warm fresh chocolate fudge sauce, but can also confirm that direct from can to mouth works too :D

One negative thing is that it can't be kept in the fridge (only cooled before use, which requires far too much planning) and looses its consistancy within a few minutes. I can't remember whether dairy squirty cream does the same or not.

is the whippable version being sold anywhere other than online yet?

screamingcarrot
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I can confirm it's good, I've been getting it for over a month now. Works particularly well with vanilla icecream, chopped nuts, chunks of chocolate cake and warm fresh chocolate fudge sauce, but can also confirm that direct from can to mouth works too :D

thanks for triggering off a chocolate craving mr flibble!!!! :(
:D

twinkle
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM

One negative thing is that it can't be kept in the fridge (only cooled before use, which requires far too much planning) and looses its consistancy within a few minutes. I can't remember whether dairy squirty cream does the same or not.

is the whippable version being sold anywhere other than online yet?

I kept my can in the fridge all the time and it worked fine straight from the fridge. I found that the first couple of squirts of the new can lost their consistency quickly and the rest thickened up quite nicely.

Both the whippable and the squirty versions are sold by veganstore.co.uk as far as I know.

If you like coffee, this stuff works very well as a topping, with a drop of cointreau in the coffee, and maybe a sprinkling of cocoa powder over the top for an arty effect :)

Mr Flibble
Sep 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
If you like coffee, this stuff works very well as a topping, with a drop of cointreau in the coffee, and maybe a sprinkling of cocoa powder over the top for an arty effect

Could be a plan whilst I spent yet more time procrastinating over which espresso machine to buy so I can make proper lattes. http://veganforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have tried it as a topping to cocoa tree hot chocolate (http://www.thecocoatree.co.uk/shop.html), although I generally don't get as far as making hot chocolate and sprinkle the shavings on ice cream instead.

Being the sophisticated type :rolleyes: I've been craving some scones for a while now, I need to track down some of the whippable stuff sometime.

The squirty stuff is far, far, far better tasting than any vegan 'cream' that I've tried before either in restuarants, from cartons or stuff made fresh from nuts.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Ooo cool! I need some money in my bank so I can order some. :(

Mr Flibble
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:28 PM
the squirty version is available in some health food stores, if you don't want to order online

xwitchymagicx
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:31 PM
At GNC and holand and barrots there isn't any. :( They have hardly anything most of the time. :rolleyes:

Mr Flibble
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:44 PM
yeah, never seen it at either of those too, their slant seems to be more vitamins and alternative health products than vegan products. I've seen it only in an indepandant store, who I don't believe buy it direct from the manufacturers so it must be available wholesale in the UK.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Tut i wish there was a proper health food store in [...] :(

Metalhead
Oct 9th, 2005, 01:36 AM
I am a partner in a health store and we sell the Soyatoo spray cream and the topping cream. It is available from The Health Store in Nottingham, one of the major wholesale suppliers to the indie Health Food stores. If your local health store doesnt stock it, ask them too. They don't even have to buy full cases of it!! They can order a single carton/can of it if they want. It is the nicest soya cream that I have ever tasted!

Cherry
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Now people have tried this and know it's worth buying, I have a question -

Why does my squirty cream always seem to run out so quickly!?

It feels as though there's some left in the can but that the propellant has run out. Maybe it's just that I'm unrealsitic and expect it to last forever?!

So anyway, mine's run out :(

Maisiepaisie
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I love Soyatoo cream sprayed on a biscuit thats been coated in Chocoreale spread, sooo yummy :D

Cherry
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:39 PM
That sounds pretty good MaisiePaisie. I don't have any chocoreale spread OR squirty cream though :( How depressing.