PDA

View Full Version : Beware Boost

StmpyElephant
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Does anyone else have problems with boost juice? Back in the day when i was an addict to their smoothies, they had to remake them two or three times because the young girls couldn't grasp what is dairy and what is not. This was because they would generally check that I wanted non dairy or I would watch them make the drink like a hawk (they always went for regular milk rather than vitasoy)

It really worried and annoyed me...however I understand blending drinks all day must be horribly tiring.

Yet when someone says 'you wanted sorbet instead of yoghurt too!?' you kind of got that *oh dear god* moment and pity anyone who is lactose intolerant that visits boost...

adam antichrist
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I've only ever had their juice, they have organic oranges apples and carrots and I get all three in one.

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
There is a chain establishment called "Jamba Juice" that makes smoothies. I always order mine with all fruit and juice- no sorbet, yoghurt, milk etc. and in fact, I realize I am like the vegan-new-agey version of the ridiculous "Grande Double Mocha Decaf Latte, no whip, hold the foam, add caramel syrup, iced" type of person ;)

I order no bananas or raspberries, no sorbet etc; I just ask for orange juice, mangoes, blueberries, peaches and strawberries! It is delicious, but OH! The looks I get! You'd think I was ordering some foul and evil concoction!

StmpyElephant
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM
That's exactly what I order Adam! Isn't it great? And the fact it is organic!

The smoothies are full of sugar anyway.

I realize I am like the vegan-new-agey version of the ridiculous "Grande Double Mocha Decaf Latte, no whip, hold the foam, add caramel syrup, iced" type of person

LMAO that's hilarious ConsciousCuisine. We have to make sure we get our dollars worth hey!? You're concoction sounds delicious too.

Roxy
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:21 AM
I've never really had any trouble with Boost Juice in Australia or Canada. I haven't been there for ages, but when I first went vegan I used to order a shot of wheatgrass and an apple/orange/ginger juice. The juice was especially good during flu season, for helping to boost my immune system.

StmpyElephant
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:20 AM
That surprises me they have one in Canada!

The juices aern't a problem there (i love that they are organic), it's only the smoothies you need to be careful with.

abrennan
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:26 AM
I work in Sydney and there are a few BOOST places about. I always found it fascinating that people are lining up at them, there are other juice, etc, places around but no lines there. Must be good advertising. Mebbe it's that name BOOST. MMMmmmm Bo000ost

Antony

Roxy
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:30 AM
That surprises me they have one in Canada!

The juices aern't a problem there (i love that they are organic), it's only the smoothies you need to be careful with.

There are quite a few of them here, well at least in British Columbia, anyway. Although - they don't line up at them here like I saw in Australia.

abrennan
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:37 AM
yes actually i'm lining up at boost right now, would anyone like something:D

Antony line

Roxy
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:39 AM
anything vegan with strawberries in it would be nice thanks. Do they still have that coloured straw contest?

StmpyElephant
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Juice please!

The lines are only there because they take while to make the smoothies :p ...people have to wait around for them.

I like to go to this juice place not too far from boost because they are cheaper and larger with less people. What draws me back to Boost is that the place doesn't use organic veg.

abrennan
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Hey do you still have that coloured straw contest

no not any more

OK thanks

No they don't have it

Antony:)

StmpyElephant
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:44 AM
lmao.

Do they still have posters of Tom Williams selling himself for the sake of publicity?

Roxy
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Thank you Antony

And Antony.

abrennan
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:46 AM
lmao.

Do they still have posters of Tom Williams selling himself for the sake of publicity?

He do you have posters of....

will you shut up!!

Oh sorry....

Sorry StmpyElephant they're a bit busy

antony:)

Roxy
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Make sure that's not mine that they're putting that dairy milk into. If it is, tell them I don't want it and they'll have to do a fresh one. You told them soy didn't you?

abrennan
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:50 AM
HEEEEEYYY

whatch what you're doing with that cow secretion

keep it away from our stuff

ok then

antony:D

StmpyElephant
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:51 AM
PFFT!

http://www.boostjuice.com.au/

"We have a strict policy of hiring only the best people at Boost! We even have a checklist to make sure everyone who works with us have what it takes...

They smile at least once every 20 minutes

They're active, energetic, caring personalities"

Think we can sue for not following the Boost personal pledge?