PDA

View Full Version : Syngenta Wants to Own the Patent on the Rice You Eat!

DianeVegan
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Monsanto, the Evil Giant, now has an evil twin. I truly believe they would like to see the day when not one person on this earth can grow anything without sending them money first. Read about it here (http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/syngenta081605.cfm) .

Kiran
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM
This just makes me go mad.. :mad: :mad: :mad: What do these guys think of themselves. It is high time someone stopped them.. :mad: Crazy ruffians!

adam antichrist
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:31 AM
Thanks for that Dianne, I've subscribed to their newsletter. I find this kind of information overwhelming but I'd rather know about it than not know about it.

DianeVegan
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:23 PM
You're welcome, Adam. Some of the information isn't always mainstream so I wonder how well researched it is. Then I ask myself how well researched the information of mainstream newspapers/magazines/television shows are, considering they are owned by large corporations. Pulling our heads out of the sand means that we are at risk of being hit by a large brick of information sometimes. :rolleyes: I only wish more people would open their eyes (especially here in the U.S.)

catmogg
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Truely shocking. And good point, Di.

Does anyone know anything about the people who tried to patent Basmati rice, i am not sure of the details and would be interested to know more. Wasn't their plan scuppered???