PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Himalayan Holiday.....

Pages : [1] 2

friend
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:16 PM
a pal of mine recently fell for a real scam involving an indian meateater ..she never knew he ate meat till she was on the holiday,,,offering a vegan himalayan holiday...then she was told by the host of the alleged tour that she must pick out egg from her bowl of rice in a cafe,,,, :mad: :( :eek: and to cap it all, the host actually keeps chickens and serves them to his guests too...and charges astronomical rates for dire accommodation too...beware folks!!!

puffin
Sep 1st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Do you know the name of the company? Or was it a friend who wasnt really a friend at all?

friend
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
no its a company..ive been warned of legal action if i decry them publicly!!..just if anyone touts you for a vegan himalayan holiday, do check it out with me on here can you??thanks,,the holiday is indian based,,,regards from friend :( :)

puffin
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
no its a company..ive been warned of legal action if i decry them publicly!!..just if anyone touts you for a vegan himalayan holiday, do check it out with me on here can you??thanks,,the holiday is indian based,,,regards from friend :( :)
Thanks for the info ;)
Legal action :mad: that is uncalled for, if they have done wrong they should expect to be critized and exposed as frauds

Kiran
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info ;)
Legal action :mad: that is uncalled for, if they have done wrong they should expect to be critized and exposed as frauds

i agree with Puffin..

abrennan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
yeah I rekon youir friend should at least report them if not take some legal action of their own.

Antony:eek:

Roxy
Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
Karma baby........karma :)

Mystic
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:01 PM

Well said :p

abrennan
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:24 AM

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon:D

ConsciousCuisine
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:26 AM
Karma Chameleon/Boy George

Kama Coma/Massive Attack

Karma Police/Radiohead

abrennan
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:28 AM
Karma Chameleon/Boy George

Kama Coma/Massive Attack

Karma Police/Radiohead

Instant Karma
John Lennon and the Plastic Ono band

Roxy
Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
"Karma baby........karma :) "
Roxy.

:D

Kevster
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Oooohhhh just heard about this today and remembered seeing a thread by this title, yep just the same as what Friend has said, are people trying to capitalise on the vegan market really?

friend
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:54 AM
kevster, where did you hear of this wretched holiday offer? i am intrigued, as i will have to do my utmost to prevent folk from going on the holiday, as its an all_in, all out, singin and dancin, father and mother of a fraud!!..ahimsa...friend :) :p :D :cool: :confused: :o

Kevster
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
A friend of a friend who went...

friend
Jan 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
the very worst of it all is that a key member of birmingham vegan society is behind sending vegans to india to be hoodwinked by these fraudsters,,,,shame on her head

friend
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:20 PM
summer is on its way. With it will come a certain advert from Birmingham Society advertising the alleged vegan Himalayan holiday yet again. Dont take up the offer. Its overpriced at 210 quid a week, the Chopra house accommodation is the filthiest i have ever seen, they ate meat immediately i arrived in Amritsar, he encouraged me to eat eggs and cheese too.(the leader of the holiday did)..Enough said.:( :p

RedWellies
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Sounds lovely!!!:eek: What is the Birmingham Society?

ConsciousCuisine
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
summer is on its way. With it will come a certain advert from Birmingham Society advertising the alleged vegan Himalayan holiday yet again. Dont take up the offer. Its overpriced at 210 quid a week, the Chopra house accommodation is the filthiest i have ever seen, they ate meat immediately i arrived in Amritsar, he encouraged me to eat eggs and cheese too.(the leader of the holiday did)..Enough said.:( :pHow terrible! One would feel so powerless to arrive in a strange place, believing things to be one way only to find that they were completely different :eek: I can't afford a holiday right now and I am in school anyway but thanks for the heads-up ;)

friend
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:24 PM
shoulda said Birmingham Vegan Society..or one representative thereof...who will stay nameless

feral
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM
That's just f*cked up!

friend
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:27 PM
go to birmingham vegans website,,,they tout the hol there

RedWellies
Mar 19th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Why don't you contact the vegan society and tell them?

shannade
Mar 19th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I feel they are just capitalising on the word vegan and making some fast bucks. Though they use the word vegan, they offer non-vegan things. I too was mislead from their title but their website exposed them.

Shakar Narayan

Frank
Mar 19th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Hi,

What is the website you have looked at - i'd like to see what they say too.