PDA

View Full Version : Favourite vegan sandwich filling / bread spread?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

veganwitch
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I'm not in the UK....sorry.

Firestorm
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:07 PM
My fave sandwich is based on the kick ass chicken sandwich in skinny bitch in the kitch book:

50 Grams Blended Silken Tofu (or 50 Grams Soya Yogurt)
2-3 Grams Curry powder
Dash of lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
6 grams of nutritional yeast.

Mix these together until well combined in a bowl.

In another bowl;
50 Grams vegan chicken
20 grams red onion finely diced
some diced celery
All mixed together well

combine the 2 mixtures and spread on some vegan bread and you have a vegantastic sandwich

jessiejessie
Feb 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM
-Sliced avocado, sliced apple, hummus, "honey" mustard (yellow mustard+agave nectar), sprouts and/or spinach on toasted rye.

-Vegenaise, simulated bacon bits, tomato, lettuce.

-Leftover tofu scramble with ketchup :D

-Almond butter... alggllallmmmlllgggll (drooling noise)

Celest
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Eggless egg salad, made with crumbled firm tofu, vegan mayo, salt, pepper, and dijon mustard :)

Usually on brown seeded bread.

harpy
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:58 AM
where can u buy this (sounds lush) if you're in UK.

You seem to be able to buy it here Daffodil

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_pmet3/xlc_680/xdbc_marshmallow%20fluff/dbtc_1/pic_1/add_custsearch/stc_0/scope_short#680

...but best check first that it's the vegan kind, if there's more than one kind.

Sounds revolting to me :p :D

beanstew
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
-Almond butter... alggllallmmmlllgggll (drooling noise)

Yum. I love almond butter but normally have it on oat cakes instead of in sandwiches.

DiaShel
Mar 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Eggless egg salad, made with crumbled firm tofu, vegan mayo, salt, pepper, and dijon mustard :)

Never thought of this! Sounds yummy.

RubyDuby
Mar 20th, 2010, 09:52 PM
and you call yourself a vegan. :rolleyes:

:p

DiaShel
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:19 AM
:surprised_ani: How dare you!!!

:lol:

smallhelen
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:38 PM

I love eggless egg salad. I kind of use the recipe from How It All Vegan, but miss out half the fiddly bits. I do usually include spring onions though.
Tasty tasty.

FromFateToRomance
Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'm lazy. I just blend some mixed beans and olive oil. Sometimes mustard. Then spread it on the bread. Tastes good though (:

Sueflower
Mar 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Just wanted to share with everyone this fantastic cottage/cream type cheese I make using Kefir grains. They say that you cannot make kefir with soya milk but I have kept one going for over two years and have also shared the grains out to many friends. I have tried all different types of soya milk and the best one in Alpro organic unsweetened. you pour the milk onto the grains in a glass jar put kitchen paper over the top secured with a rubber band and leave over night. by the morrning it has gone thick. you then put this mixture through a sieve and leave the grains remaining in the sieve to start again in another glass jar. with the yoghurt mixture you can place back in a sieve lined with muslim and let it drain for a day which then leaves you with the soft cheese in the sieve and the whey in the bowl. the whey can be drunk or fed to your plants its like miracle grow! the cheese is great with salt and pepper or herbs.if you want a sweet version add algrave syrup and the juice of a lemon and whiz in a blender until smooth pour into ramikins its wonderful and yummy!

harpy
Mar 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM
That sounds interesting Sueflower - don't think I've heard of kefir grains before but I just looked them up. Are the vegan kefir grains easy to get?

Sueflower
Mar 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Anyone got any favourites? Think I may have started this thread back on the old forum .. can't remember now. I'm currently doing one of my faves:

Marmite
Onion
Sweetcorn
Tomato

Anyone else got a good one?

Sueflower
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM
If you go to this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kefir_making/ and ask if anyone can send them to you by post thats what i did. even if they are milk ones they can be rinsed in water and started with soya milk. mine were originaly i beleive.

harpy
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Thank you Sue - might try that although I'd better choose a time when I'll be sure of using them - I imagine you have to "feed" them to keep the culture going, do you?

patientia
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Aubergine "steak" + avocado + lettuce.

keikilanipulama76
Mar 30th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Peanut butter and jelly! :p

Also like hummus, Earth Balance, and guacamole.

I love veggie bagel sandwiches; lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, red onion, and hummus.

Toasted veggie subs; guacamole, lettuce, red onion, tomato, black olives, banana peppers, and rice cheese.

erynne936
Apr 5th, 2010, 08:34 PM
avocado, tomato, veganaise & loads of salt & pepper is my favorite :) lately on gluten free sunflower flax bread

karen_87
Apr 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Seeded brown bread, hummus on both sides, lots of salad, and salt and vinegar crisps inside too, always a winner!

RubyDuby
Apr 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
that sounds drool worthy. mmmm

Shepherd Mom
Apr 16th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I usually have an avocado and veganaise sandwich or sometimes I put guacamole onto a corn or flour tortilla and heat for a couple minutes in a skillet.

mecocat
Apr 19th, 2010, 12:02 AM
lettuce and vegan mayo on wholemeal..mmmm with some grapes at hand...delicious

VeganMainstream
Apr 20th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Peanut butter and pickles :)

3oranges1pear
Jun 3rd, 2010, 10:13 PM
the california rueben from Chicago Diner is awesome!